tip blender?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
DO you use tip blender? the stuff you brush on then file so its quicker to blend the tips? i used some for the first time on friday and found it rather odd to use, wont be using it again never heard of it before this....a tech in the salon i work in told me to give it a go..didnt like it though..

I tried it, but to be honest i didnt feel there was any difference, still took me as long to blend the tip lol
Its now in my nail box redundant collecting dust!:lol:

i was taught to use acetone to blend the last bit of the tip, so afterwards i bought some tip blender as i thought it would be easier to use than acetone. anyway after i used it, the client said the enhancements were coming off, anyway when i really checked this out and read on here somewhere that tip blend and acetone melt the tip and weaken it, i stopped using it and do not have the problem now. i just blend in with a file carefully.

I have never tried it,but imho it can't be any good otherwise everyone would be using it to save time on the sometimes tedious task of blending.

Do a search for tip blender, you'll find that no one uses it as it causes service breakdown. It may appear to be making your life quicker and easier but in the long run it will give you problems. There is a fantastic tutorial on here written by Geeg about blending tips, have a read of that and you wont need to use anything but a file x

I sometimes use one (on the more sensitive clients-you know the ones that come from the competition with raw:mad: nails???)

We have one as part of the fibre kit and the one thing I notice is that you shouldn't let it sit on the tip longer that 30 secs before you start blending!! Apply it to the edge only as well......don't be like me earlier this week when I 'pre-applied blender' already to a few tips on this girl who came to me after ending up with bleeding nails somewhere else:smack: with the result that I barely touched the tip and the whole thing just slid off....:irked:

Use sparingly would be my advice and then it does have it's uses!
xx

ps
I don't use it as a time saver-the extra few seconds you might win are lost when you realise it does muck up your files.....
The principle behind Magnetic's blender would be the fact that it SHOULD cause less stress to the natural nail (for the ones amongst us that still insist on subjecting clients to friction burns:eek:)
Time wise it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference to me

tip blenders are acetone based, they will weaken your enhancement as they will carry on working after you've applied your overlay. they wreck your files as they get all gunked up and end up looking like a sticky mess.

it's far better to perfect your filing techniques and blend a tip correctly without risking the strength of your finished nail than reaching for a bottle of tip blender.

if blended correctly then no tip application (or nail service) should cause stress, friction or damage to any of our clients nails.

Jaffacake said:
Do a search for tip blender, you'll find that no one uses it as it causes service breakdown. It may appear to be making your life quicker and easier but in the long run it will give you problems. There is a fantastic tutorial on here written by Geeg about blending tips, have a read of that and you wont need to use anything but a file x

Have to agree with you there!!.

I was getting frustrated that i seemed to be forever chasing the line - so I bought some tip blender - gunked up my files and the tips were coming off.

Read the the above mentioned tutorial - binned the tip blender / changed my files and bobs your uncle.

mobile nail tec said:
i was taught to use acetone to blend the last bit of the tip, so afterwards i bought some tip blender as i thought it would be easier to use than acetone. anyway after i used it, the client said the enhancements were coming off, anyway when i really checked this out and read on here somewhere that tip blend and acetone melt the tip and weaken it, i stopped using it and do not have the problem now. i just blend in with a file carefully.
I was also taught to use Acetone!! i have never done this since my training because it just weakens the enhancement and you get all sorts of problems.
I use a file to blend my tips now HTH x

We aren't being taught to use anything but tip blender did come as part of the silk and fiberglass kit, the tutor said we could try it if we wanted but that she doesn't like or use it. I didn't find it made life any easier but what it does do is gunk up your files. Horrible stuff.

hey could anyone give me the link too geeg's tutorial on blending?

thanx

Hey guys

I was also taught to use acetone to blend the tips & i've had nothing but trouble with keeping the tips on, i'm so glad i read this thread.
Thanks for the info & i'll check out the thread on tip blending.....hopefully it will solve my problems!! Woohoo....here we go! :lol:

my is a dust collector.....was a ahh shucks kinda deal...

i was trained to use tip blender, but i find that unless i am super fast then the tips have started to melt away before my eyes.. so my tip blender is also gathering dust in the draw....

Latest posts

Back