Tipping or sculpting - nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Reaction score
if you know how to extend the nail bed first with l&p and then sculpt i would do that - i have had that done to me and prefer it much more than a tip!

It does depend I think on the severity of the biting!!.....but I do prefer to sculpt a bitten nail....but have had fantastic results with tipping as well....especially with custom colour blending.......

Much prefer to sculpt...the more nailplate area for the product to adhere to the better...when tipping even a very small contact area detracts from the reduced nailplate you have to work on!

I also sculpt on nail biters firstly I build a platform (extend the natural nail) then I can put the free edge where it should be. Looks much more natural. I always advise them to have their free edge just past the finger as they are not used to the length.

Take care

the safest and longest lasting solution for a nial biter is to provide them with a t/o that will saddle over any swollen hyponychium area to protect the nail while it grows out.

this extract was taken from my manual - so it has to be right lol

Latest posts

Back