Tips for Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariannet

Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me what tips you would use when applying l&p to toes

Hi,

oh my word I'm glad you asked this! I was thinking the same. But I'm not sure if you just put a bit of oil on the skin and then extend the acrylic out a little to make the toe nail longer?

hope someone more experienced will reply soon!

hi, ive been doing toes for a couple of years now and the trick is to keep them thin! having very thick toe nails would be sooo uncomfortable, also there is no need to build an apex, most peoples toe nails are naturally quite flat so i usually go with what they have there already (unless im building up a nail thats not there!) i always apply an layer of solor oil to any part of the skin that will that may come in touch with the l&p, but to be honest i get so worried about over exsposure that i just "make" a very thin white tip in l&p if the toe nail is very short. once they have been on for a few weeks and infills are due, then the white can me made a little wider and so on...i also find it easier to apply the l&p and then shape the toe nails, on fingers obviously i would do this first but some peoples toe nails are very small and it can be quite fiddily...oh and you cant always get l&p on the little one lol...some peoples are just to tiny hth xxx

hi thanks for the advice but what i really meant was if i wanted to add an extension on to the toes what nail tips would i use for a french look and could you also use white acrylic powder on your natural nail if you were not applying tips and just wanted a french look. sorry to confuse you

Hi, I'm quite new to nails -I've only been doing Brisa gel for 6 mths or so, but I've recently tried natural tips from the Edge on both toes with Brisa gel and it worked lovely, they looked so natural. I've tried it on my sister (she has a dodgy toe that I had to fill as well) and it's wearing beautifully.

Jules

ah ive never used tips on toes so cant help you there (my clients have always "grown up" there nails i find this works better for me simply because i wouldant want them to go too long and then have trouble wearing shoes) but i always use white and pink l&p the same as i would on fingers obviously starting with a very small white and as the nail growns up (usually after 4 weeks) i will infill and make the white slightly larger and so on and so on. sorry i cant help you much more than that hun, but feel free to pm me if u want to know anything else xx

why do you want to put nails on the toes. can't you just apply l&p or gel straight onto there nails. or are the nails damaged,?thg:)

pretty much having the same problem. I do overlay on toes with gel, but i have a lady who is comng tomorrow with nail loss - although she now has some regrowth. i was thinking of building a tip with l&P(as discribed above) and then overlay with the gel. what i worry about is the nail lifting when she puts her shoes on! especially as I only have a small amount of nail to attach too..

hi, when ive had a ckient in the past that needs an extension to their toes ive used natural coloured tips for finger nails!
i just cut out the well area and glue on like you would a finger tip.
most big toes fit a number 1 thumb tip, if not you can get extra large number 1,s!
just blend the tip in to nail as usual and overlay, works brilliant!
xxxx

Latest posts

Back