Toe transformation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murnettie

Reaction score
Years ago due in ingrown toenail I had to have my toenail removed. I was left with just a horrible stump. Being able to make a false nail with l&p is just so handy and stops me being so self conscious of my feet. It last ages I haven't redone it in about 7 months so I thought I'd share the pic. Please excuse the glitter it's everywhere! Doing it sitting on the bed!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390234.486621.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390234.486621.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,386
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390273.787704.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390273.787704.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390317.958515.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390317.958515.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390383.231542.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368390383.231542.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,112
That look amaze... I suffer from ingrowing toe nails & fair play they are a pain in the ass but I am scared of having a needle in the end of my toe to have them out so I cut them out myself (painful but worth it) xx

That look amaze... I suffer from ingrowing toe nails & fair play they are a pain in the ass but I am scared of having a needle in the end of my toe to have them out so I cut them out myself (painful but worth it) xx

Thanks, yeah they are a pain in the butt alright! As a teenager I had to have them removed 3 times but it always grew back curved in and ingrown so decision was made to take it from the root on both sides leaving the ugly stump! I was always too mortified to wear sandals or flip-flops and it was actually this that got me into researching nails etc and sure then I got hooked!

Aw I don't want my nail removed that's why I cut them out myself, I've only suffered wit them since doing my college course & having pedicures when we were still training, & they didn't cut straight across! X

Hi i am glad i came across ure post, i had a lady 2 weeks ago that had no toenails on her 2 big toes & she asked me if i cud help as she had been unable to show her feet for 5 years. I used nsi l&p & sculpted 2 nails like yours & she was over the moon but unfortunately they came off after a few days, i dont no why they came off, is there anything u can suggest i'd love to get them to stay on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi i am glad i came across ure post, i had a lady 2 weeks ago that had no toenails on her 2 big toes & she asked me if i cud help as she had been unable to show her feet for 5 years. I used nsi l&p & sculpted 2 nails like yours & she was over the moon but unfortunately they came off after a few days, i dont no why they came off, is there anything u can suggest i'd love to get them to stay on.

Hi I'm lucky that I have the tiny bit of nail that the l&p can anchor too. If your client does not have that then they won't last as long as mine does but perhaps she could use glue (gelbond) to put on the sculpted nail and she could stick it back on, or maybe another geek has a better option??

Last edited:
Another thing I would say is to back sure you keep it small, don't bring it too far up towards the top of the toe because it will get caught in socks and everything and that can pull it, I know this from when I did it for the first time a few years ago. I made it to match my good nail and I caught it in everything and it was sore so now I always keep it small. It still looks good but it doesn't get caught in anything x

I offer toe nail reconstruction with LCN Wilde Pedique - this is the stuff specifically for doing this and you dont need any nail left for it to be used.

x

I offer toe nail reconstruction with LCN Wilde Pedique - this is the stuff specifically for doing this and you dont need any nail left for it to be used.

x

Is this something i could do for my hubby as he has lost both big toenails cos they were ingrown and he has no root left.

I'm not trained in extensions but will be doing in gel extensions in july, is it hard to do, can i buy the products to do it on him?

Yes, it should work well on your hubby - you dont need any nail left at all. Podiatrists and foot health practitioners use it, but I think you can get it if you are beauty/nail qualified. Beauty Concepts (BCI) are the distributors in the UK.

Let me know how you get on

x

They look really good!
I had an operation on mine last June where i had a slice of nail from each side of my big toe nails removed.

They have finally grown properly but i have skin either side and havent dared paint them until now as its going to be painting skin... But i painted them and its stuck, not flaked off!

I'm wanting shellac for my holidays but worried about water getting underneath where the skin is and them coming off! x

Yes, it should work well on your hubby - you dont need any nail left at all. Podiatrists and foot health practitioners use it, but I think you can get it if you are beauty/nail qualified. Beauty Concepts (BCI) are the distributors in the UK.

Let me know how you get on

x

Hi could you pm the price of it please xx

Hi thanks for the advice, my lady hasnt got any nail at all so that is probably why they havent stuck. I am going to try again & make them smaller & if they dont work try & find a local clinic that does the lcn treatment for her as it wudnt be worthwhile for me buying the system for just one client.
Or i could custom make her lots of false toenails to stick on for special occasions.
Thanks again

They look really good!
I had an operation on mine last June where i had a slice of nail from each side of my big toe nails removed.

They have finally grown properly but i have skin either side and havent dared paint them until now as its going to be painting skin... But i painted them and its stuck, not flaked off!

I'm wanting shellac for my holidays but worried about water getting underneath where the skin is and them coming off! x

Hi yours sound perfect for l&p overlay and if you wanted to widen the nail to make it look the same as your other one then you
Could shellac away. I've been on holidays many times and it's stayed perfect for me x

Hi yours sound perfect for l&p overlay and if you wanted to widen the nail to make it look the same as your other one then you
Could shellac away. I've been on holidays many times and it's stayed perfect for me x

Ah really? A had the op on both toes! Well if they've stayed on it should be fine :) xx

Heres my l&p toenail this morning, still on a month later, other nails are starting to look bit dodgy though eek :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370768169.012943.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370768169.012943.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 467
I'm a big fan if l&p toe nails. They literally last forever! And look gorgeous. Here is one if mine using nsi radiant white and opaque pink with a tad nail art

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370815619.649678.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370815619.649678.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 396
Hi girls a friend of mine has lost a nail from running marathons and she is coming to me tonight before going on holiday to see if I can try l&p. Quick question though... If I make it, can I glue it on with young nails glue or does it have to be gel bond?
Thanks xx

Hi girls a friend of mine has lost a nail from running marathons and she is coming to me tonight before going on holiday to see if I can try l&p. Quick question though... If I make it, can I glue it on with young nails glue or does it have to be gel bond?
Thanks xx

It doesn't have to be Gel Bond, but It probably won't last as long as it would if you had used Gel Bond rather than a thinner adhesive.

Gel bond is a gel consistency so it fills in any gaps and squishes into uneven places forcing any air out from beneath the nail. Whereas with normal adhesive you will be left with air pockets which could go green with prolonged wear.

Wow you really wouldn't know :)

Latest posts

Back