Too young for an eyebrow wax or tweeze?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeLaFemme

Reaction score
My son is 11 and wants me to tidy his eyebrows. I'm quite reluctant because he seems so young, but he has quite a noticeable monobrow and it makes him quite unhappy.

I haven't finished my brow training but I wouldn't carry this out if a client so young wanted this in the future.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

If it's making him unhappy then yes I'd do it.
My youngest is almost 16 and I've waxed her brows for about the last 3 years. I wouldn't do a youngster at the salon but if it's family then yes I would.
My niece is 14 and she's been to the salon to get her brows done for the last couple of years. It was either that or let her walk round with the scouse brow she was pencilling in herself-lol
Kids can be cruel so if it makes him feel happier and more confident then yes definitely.

Great, thanks for replying. I think I'll do it for him at the weekend.

They grow up far too fast :(

Yes whip it off.Probably best to do it before he goes to bed put sudocrem on it so it can settle and the redness can go down and he won't keep touching it and get spotty.

I do my daughter's and she's the same age. She has literally one eyebrow and absolutely hates it. Ive shaped the middle for her for a while now and she feels so much better for it, it doesn't hurt her, there's no chemicals involved so I dont see the harm xx

I waxed my daughters eyebrows age 13 and just done her under arms she is now 14, i would think family is fine would not do on the public just in case anything happened. xx

Thanks for all your replies.

I'll do his eyebrows for him tomorrow. He's a keen swimmer and he has just started competing so hopefully he won't ask me to wax anywhere else ;)

I'm just sure if it's my memory but I don't remember the boys when I was in school being as hairy x

Oh bless him. I know you have already made a decision, but i just wanted to add that i would definitely wax it for him.

Thank goodness he's so sensible and has asked you to. So many boys and men shave their monobrow leaving a shadow and then the stubble that comes through is horrible. He'll feel so much better and you'll know it's being done properly. Hopefully it might lesson the hair over time too xx

I do think the testosterone is kicking in earlier nowadays the same as girls getting everything earlier.My son had a hairy chest at 15 now 18 can't say I remember any when I was at school at that age.

I would definitely do it! I started waxing my daughter's underarms when she was 10! Sounds drastic, but she did have thick dark underarm hair, was at primary school where the kids all got changed for PE in the same classroom, and several boys had commented on it, making her feel uncomfortable! It was either wax it, or know that she would pinch her dad's razor and try do it herself! Kids definitely develop a lot younger than my generation. xxx hth

I was only about 8 the first time my mum tweezed my eyebrows...very young! But i couldnt live without my eyebrow wax. If i had to choose one treatmwnt and one treatment only to ever have done it would be my eyebrows. Just make sure u start gradually and keep evening them up as you go dont do one full eyebrow then the other incase he cant sit for that long.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

He's very lucky to have a Mum who can do it properly for him. He'll love you for it.

More parents of boys & girls could do with doing this early on, the amount of scars we see from girls shaving legs, pits & bits with bic or supermarket own razors or over plucked eyebrows etc starting a routine young I think is a great thing & if he's asking you to do it then he's aware too so your not being pushy :)

As he's family, yes do it. It would be cruel not to as he'll end up being ridiculed at school. He'll probably be a hit with the girls too.

As he's family, yes do it. It would be cruel not to as he'll end up being ridiculed at school. He'll probably be a hit with the girls too.

I'm definately going to have to keep my eyes on these girls, he's only 11 but I saw his in his competition shorts at swimming last night and my boy is ripped! If he was taller you would have thought he was in the older group.

He usually hides his body in a towel at home so I was quite shocked and proud when I saw him.

He's delighted I'm going to sort his brows for him, but I can't tell anyone so sssshhh ;)

Latest posts

Back