Top lip hair removal.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

I've been waxing my top lip from the age of 15 and now at the age of 26 it's not much better. Other the last year or so I've had to do it even more frequent and it's really getting annoying and also it's upsetting. I'm so paranoid people will notice it inbetween my waxing sessions, especially been a beautician people expect you to be perfect.

I've been thinking about laser hair removal. Can anyone advise me if this would work please and how long it would last for please? My boyfriend made a joke yesterday that my 'tash is ready to wax again' and I burst into tears.

I should also mention I have polycystic ovaries.

Thanks xxx

I don't have polycystic ovaries but I've been told that laser removal will be the key!

I think the poly cystic ovaries is probably the root of it to be honest.
But go to your gp and get a check up and blood test to see what's happening babe.

But laser is the way to go

Hope it helps babe

Hi Suzie,

I think that your GP is your best route to treat the symptoms of your diagnosis. Standard BT procedures may only compliment - rather than be the primary course of treatments.

I strongly doubt that anyone here is qualified to give you specific advice for your hirsuitisim based on your stated diagnosis.

Please seek medical advice on this, and if you aren't happy with your first answer - ask another doctor!

We are NOT qualified to dish out "Laser" / "Electrolysis" / "Waxing" advice when there is an underlying condition, and I wish from the bottom of my heart that EVERYONE would take the same professional attitude before dishing out a "pop-a-pill" response. Certainly not "laser is your answer, babe".

Doctors don't judge you, I promise. Please be strong and seek proper advice.

Kind Regards, Jason.

i was sent for tests earlier this year/late last year due to my dr thinking i had pcos, i'm assuming as you have seen a dr already as you have actually been diagnosed as having the condition so you'll know already it's not really the end of the world talking to your dr haha.

have you been back to the dr since being diagnosed? as i was told they could provide medication to help regulate the hormones which should in theory help with the symptoms like hair growth etc. don't quote me on this but i'm sure when i was playing dr and self diagnosing on google haha i'm sure i read that you can get free treatments for hair removal? like i said don't quote me on that but it'd def be worth finding out about as you've got nothing to lose by asking kwim?
x

I have PCOS. Usually the treatment most Drs will do is with a pill. I have had blood clots in the lungs so can no longer take the pill so I have the Mirena IUD.

I get laser done every year as I also have a beard :eek:...no-one ever notices but I'm so paranoid about it.

The only thing with laser is that you do have to keep getting it done. It'll be good for a while but because the hair is hormonal, you will get new hair coming through, so it's not something that is permanent. My main problem area is on my chin where the hair is the darkest and coarsest but I basically get half face lasered. It'll be really good and hair free for a few months but then new hair starts to come through.

Yes I was diagnosed 4 years ago after a couple of years going back and forth to the doctors. When they referred me to the hospital the doctor there did mention about having a cream which would help but they wouldn't give me it there and then, said they needed to write to my doctor and as I was going on holiday the following day, then fell poorly on my return, nothing got done. So have just continued to wax. But lately it's just really getting to me and wondered if laser was an option. I will go see my GP again and see what he suggests instead. Thanks xxx

Hi Geeks.

I've been waxing my top lip from the age of 15 and now at the age of 26 it's not much better. Other the last year or so I've had to do it even more frequent and it's really getting annoying and also it's upsetting. I'm so paranoid people will notice it inbetween my waxing sessions, especially been a beautician people expect you to be perfect.

I've been thinking about laser hair removal. Can anyone advise me if this would work please and how long it would last for please? My boyfriend made a joke yesterday that my 'tash is ready to wax again' and I burst into tears.

I should also mention I have polycystic ovaries.

Thanks xxx

My friend has polycystic ovaries and she had her chin done with laser and the results are amazing!!! its all gone after a few sessions and it was really bad. she went to her GP to see if she could have it done on nhs but aparently they dont do that lol x

electrolysis is the best/only way to remove hair permanently on the face, even if you do suffer with PCOS. Find a skilled experienced practitioner and you will be very happy no more tash jokes.

Have you tried threading? The hair can be threaded when it is very short. Obviously it still means having to do it more often but you wouldn't have to wait for the growth to come through. I have a client with the same situation and she hated the growing stage so sometimes shaved. She loves the threading now. I hope you find an answer soon x x x x

Hey I've got pcos. I can't have the pill they use because it gives me migraines so I'm on a different one which really didn't give me any different results! I can fully appreciate it getting you down, I was bullied mercilessly throughout secondary school and mines not even on my face really...

You can get it done on the nhs but they are not very good at doing this for you unless you push and push and they finally give in. The regrowth is because pcos creates hair follicles even though all have been destroyed.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie. Don't forget it's only hair! :) x

Hi Suzie,

I think that your GP is your best route to treat the symptoms of your diagnosis. Standard BT procedures may only compliment - rather than be the primary course of treatments.

I strongly doubt that anyone here is qualified to give you specific advice for your hirsuitisim based on your stated diagnosis.

Please seek medical advice on this, and if you aren't happy with your first answer - ask another doctor!

We are NOT qualified to dish out "Laser" / "Electrolysis" / "Waxing" advice when there is an underlying condition, and I wish from the bottom of my heart that EVERYONE would take the same professional attitude before dishing out a "pop-a-pill" response. Certainly not "laser is your answer, babe".

Doctors don't judge you, I promise. Please be strong and seek proper advice.

Kind Regards, Jason.

If she has PCOS then GP's rarely offer anything for the excess hair growth. It is a side effect of the condition. It does of course go without saying that causes of excess hair should be investigated by a GP to rule out rare tumours and conditions. PCOS and slightly elevated hormonal conditions are by far the most likely cause of unwanted hair that present in the male pattern in women although race and genetics also play their part with some clients. I say this because electrolysists are more than qualified to offer it as a course of treatment in this instance. It is covered widely by the BIAE of which I am a member.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back