TOWIE- Gemma's gold facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treasure99

Reaction score
Just catching up on last weeks Towie. I love the look of the gold facial Gemma had.

I've never heard it before! What are its benefits? Does anyone use it and where can I get it :biggrin:

I think I read on the Eve Taylor FB page that Marie Reynolds offers these facial treatments ; they sound amazing...

They do it at Harrods at £360 if you want one ;)

There's a place in Belfast offers them, I only know this because it keeps popping up on Groupon. Whether or not that speaks volumes about it's popularity is anyones guess...

I think caledonian therapy in Glasgow are selling the gold facial product, yea just checked heres a link to the page Shop Categories

x

I would also like to know where to get it from and would like to know if they are genuine suppliers as the treatment seems expensive compared to some of the wholesale prices I've had quick look at some company's and I'm not sure which ones are suppyling 100% genuine ones

They do it at Harrods at £360 if you want one ;)

I'm seeing it as a La Prairie facial for £155?

Haven't seen TOWIE but I'm curious about the benefits :)

I think caledonian therapy in Glasgow are selling the gold facial product, yea just checked heres a link to the page Shop Categories

x

Txs for the link! Very tempted!
Gemma's one was applied gradually this one looks like a mask that's already made?
I love the look of it and benefits sound amazing ;)

I don't get Gold facials. Yes they are the ultimate in bling treatments, but as to the therapeutic benefits the scientist mind in me doesn't understand how it can possibly work.

Gold is the most non-reactive of all metals, it doesn't react with oxygen so it never corrodes / goes rusty. For a mask to draw impurities out of the skin there has to be some sort of reaction ... how can the least reactive metal available do this?

Also, some research into gold facials tells me two things. Those selling it as a facial product tell you all these benefits it has. And them dermatologists and doctors who have researched it say of Gold facials things like "At best, they do nothing, and at worst, they can give you irritation of the skin, I would tell people to put that money into gold that they can wear around their neck or on their fingers."

Most gold facials seems to involve using it held in a carrier solution, cream, or masque. I would hazard a guess that it is the other ingredients in these products that are making a difference to the skin ... not the gold.

NY Times Story

Last edited:
"needs to be used with a serum or balm"

I would suspect that it is the serum or balm that is having an impact on skin, rather then the gold itself. With this I still remain a sceptic.

I would suspect that it is the serum or balm that is having an impact on skin, rather then the gold itself. With this I still remain a sceptic.

Well I have tried it and I can tell a difference in the clients skin and the client feels the difference in effect and hydration so my proof is in the pudding.... Have you tried it?

I must say i do agree with you, this seems more plausable than just the gold leaf on the face improving the skins condition. As it also says ''I use 24 Karat Gold Leaf with oxygen serum containing yeast and pomegranate extract (a super antioxidant) and shea butter'' Pomegranate extract which is an anti oxidant and shea butter which is very moisturising and softening. Hm it would be something great to try once, assess its affects and then see if id continue using it.

If gold was was so amazing for the skin wouldn't anyone who wore a good necklace, ring or earrings be reporting amazing skin where that jewellery is worn every day?

Make sure it is 23k or higher grade of gold.

If gold was was so amazing for the skin wouldn't anyone who wore a good necklace, ring or earrings be reporting amazing skin where that jewellery is worn every day?

I wish we had a LIKE button for your posts!

You can "like" posts by clickibg the little green box hun in the top right corner of the post and addibg to the members reputation xx

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hi All,
Just reading your posts, I am from Jamela Skin Care, we are the company that supplied the 24k Gold Collagen Sheet Mask for Gemma's facial on TOWIE.
We are the sole suppliers of these face and neck masks in the UK.
There is no need to use a Serum with them.
They are available online at www.JamelaSkinCare.com at £37.50 for a box of 5.
We also do Professional Beauty Prices, contact me for details [email protected] for more information.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi All,
Just reading your posts, I am from Jamela Skin Care, we are the company that supplied the 24k Gold Collagen Sheet Mask for Gemma's facial on TOWIE.
We are the sole suppliers of these face and neck masks in the UK.
There is no need to use a Serum with them.
They are available online at www.JamelaSkinCare.com at £37.50 for a box of 5.
We also do Professional Beauty Prices, contact me for details [email protected] for more information.
Look forward to hearing from you.

can we still call it the god facial with these sheets and what exactly is the procedure and do we use any other products?

I don't get Gold facials. Yes they are the ultimate in bling treatments, but as to the therapeutic benefits the scientist mind in me doesn't understand how it can possibly work.

Gold is the most non-reactive of all metals, it doesn't react with oxygen so it never corrodes / goes rusty. For a mask to draw impurities out of the skin there has to be some sort of reaction ... how can the least reactive metal available do this?

Also, some research into gold facials tells me two things. Those selling it as a facial product tell you all these benefits it has. And them dermatologists and doctors who have researched it say of Gold facials things like "At best, they do nothing, and at worst, they can give you irritation of the skin, I would tell people to put that money into gold that they can wear around their neck or on their fingers."

Most gold facials seems to involve using it held in a carrier solution, cream, or masque. I would hazard a guess that it is the other ingredients in these products that are making a difference to the skin ... not the gold.

NY Times Story

Apparently gold masks were used in ancient times by cleopatra for example. For the science part I heard from the tv show "This morning" is that once the gold is absorbed into the skin, and is then removed - the skin then rejects the gold. This rejection reaction creates a tightening and brightening effect to the skin.

Latest posts

Back