toxic friends or clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Watching im a celebrity last night i didnt know whether to feel sorry for jan leeming or pleased she got another trial.She's just one of those people that can't help but irritate and bring everyone down i commonly use the phrase toxic.
Clients who can ruin your day,walk in and moan from the moment they get in or be so demanding you'd rather not have them and friends that never listen to your problems but constantly burden you with theirs, which are normally numerous and its always me me me .If you ever have to spend any time in their company you come away really low yourself.Poor old Jan i wonder if she'll learn something about herself when she watches herself back.

Probebly not lol I used to have one client who always made me feel guilty because she was the salt of the earth but every time I saw her my heart went straight down to my shoes.
Still makes me shudder to think of her.

It is true isn't it.Some people can just do that to you.

God yes! finaly one of the girls at work anoyed her when she took her booking so she went else where for her nails and I left before she could forgive me:D

Have a friend that has moved far away from me and occasionally I wonder how she is and i call her. Once the phone call has finished I feel totally drained, her problems are still the same, if not worse and she never takes any advice from anyone yet continually moans about the same things! BORING!!

Teri x

I believe in ditching the toxic.
They do nothing but bring you down. You have one life to live. Why live it partly miserable?

This may be controversial, and some may frown on it.... but I've cut a toxic member of my family loose and have absolutely NOTHING to do with her.
For YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRS she has done nothing but put me down, make me feel like crap. At family functions, she never fails to try to embarass me.
She has said I have hooker nails in front of people.
(you've all seen my nails, they are no more crazier than anyone else's)
Then, one christmas, she made me feel HORRIBLE.

I've always had a thing for high heels. Especially highheeled boots.
My hubby bought me a pair of thigh-high leather boots one christmas. Plain, no chains or any other siliness on them. The heels were only 2.5". Not extraordinarily high. They're PERFECT in winter to keep your legs warm if you're wearing a skirt. I LOVE them.
I wore them to my mom's on christmas day. I was wearing a slim (NOT skin tight) skirt that reached my knees, and my thigh-high boots were rolled down to the knees. A nice simple classic blouse. Nothing trampy. If I showed you a pic, you'd wonder why such a fuss was made and shake your head in confusion.
I walked in... and my own sister, at the top of her lungs "You look like a whore! You should have dressed more appropriately"
She said this in front of all the family, friends, and her in-laws. In front of MY KIDS!
DEAD SILENCE in the room.
My hubby was parking the car, so missed the insult.
All I said was "you're just jealous you don't have my legs" and I left the room.
I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, and needed to compose myself as I was embarassed and in tears.

I shut my mouth after that, not daring to start a fight on xmas.

That is typical of my OWN sister. constantly putting me down. Every single family get-together, it's something. There has never been a single visit in ever where I didn't go home afterwards and have a cry for her nastiness.

Finally, 2yrs ago this coming February, I cut her out. I'd had enough. ESPECIALLY since she said what she did in front of my kids. Enough was enough. I had spoken to her in the past, trying to get to the problem and resolve it.. she just continued to be nasty.
There are many other such incidents.. I won't bore everyone with the soap opera.

I dont need people in my life to take the sunshine out of it. I lost the 16yrs of my life living in H**l. I wont lose anymore.

Some say it's harsh to cut out a family member.
So be it.
It's my life and I'm going to be happy and wont tolerate someone trying to make me cry on a regular basis.
It's hard. It hurts that we can't have a healthy happy sister to sister relationship. It wasn't for lack of trying, I'll tell you that.

Having said all of that..

You have one life.
This is your only shot.
don't let anyone poison it for you
:Love:

I had a mate like this.

She was always bitching and moaning, saying nasty things about people behind their backs etc.. really brought me down.

I would get so many texts from her everyday, bitchy moaning ones and if I didn't reply instantly she would tell others i had fallen out with her etc... *sigh*

She slagged of everybody and said really nasty things, would go psyco at her bf for no reason and tried to control people!

In the end i just thought enough is enough so told her what I thought and now have nothing to do with her!

Life is so good now without that misery! :)

xxxx

:hug:
They do nothing but bring you down. You have one life to live. Why live it partly miserable?

This may be controversial, and some may frown on it.... but I've cut a toxic member of my family loose and have absolutely NOTHING to do with her.
For YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRS she has done nothing but put me down, make me feel like crap. At family functions, she never fails to try to embarass me.

My hubby bought me a pair of thigh-high leather boots one christmas. Plain, no chains or any other siliness on them. The heels were only 2.5". Not extraordinarily high. They're PERFECT in winter to keep your legs warm if you're wearing a skirt. I LOVE them.
I wore them to my mom's on christmas day. I was wearing a slim (NOT skin tight) skirt that reached my knees, and my thigh-high boots were rolled down to the knees. A nice simple classic blouse. Nothing trampy. If I showed you a pic, you'd wonder why such a fuss was made and shake your head in confusion.
I walked in... and my own sister, at the top of her lungs "You look like a whore! You should have dressed more appropriately"
She said this in front of all the family, friends, and her in-laws. In front of MY KIDS!
All I said was "you're just jealous you don't have my legs" and I left the room.
I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, and needed to compose myself as I was embarassed and in tears.

That is typical of my OWN sister. constantly putting me down. Every single family get-together, it's something. There has never been a single visit in ever where I didn't go home afterwards and have a cry for her nastiness.

Finally, 2yrs ago this coming February, I cut her out. I'd had enough. ESPECIALLY since she said what she did in front of my kids. Enough was enough. I had spoken to her in the past, trying to get to the problem and resolve it.. she just continued to be nasty.
There are many other such incidents.. I won't bore everyone with the soap opera.

I dont need people in my life to take the sunshine out of it. I lost the 16yrs of my life living in H**l. I wont lose anymore.

So be it.
It's my life and I'm going to be happy and wont tolerate someone trying to make me cry on a regular basis.
It's hard. It hurts that we can't have a healthy happy sister to sister relationship. It wasn't for lack of trying, I'll tell you that.

You have one life.
This is your only shot.

Victoria... I understand exactly what you are saying!!!!
Yes... it is sad to have to cut a family member out of your life, but I think that sometimes it is necessary, for your own health.. I personally believe that these kinds of people just aren't happy in their own lives, so thats why they try to make everyone else miserable.. (you know that old saying.."Misery loves Company)..

All the best to you..

Sincerely;
the nail fairy:hug:

So be it.

You have one life.
This is your only shot.

Ah! Victoria this is a very sad story but it sounds like you have done the right thing.

May I just say though, I love the tight pencil skirt, tight fitting blouse and stiletto boots look (just got a lovely black pair with a silver 3" stiletto for my birthday). I think it looks gorgeous.

I wear what I want and I don't have the legs for it.:lol:

Teri x:hug: :hug:

Thanks to BOTH of you for understanding. It's much appreciated!
It's been hard.. my mom.. well she doesn't understand as she doesn't know what happened 2yrs ago this february, that pushed me to cut my sister out. I even deny her knowing my kids (my sister that is). I returned gifts unopened, etc.
I told her, "you got what you wanted, and that was for me to NOT be your sister. If I'm NOT your sister, then you don't have nieces either. Just stay out of our lives and forget we exist".
Unless she wants to call and apologize on bended knee, she can kiss my tookus.
My mother takes it hard.. wants us together at xmas...
Nope, I won't do it. I'll visit my mom on an alternate day and leave it at that. If she wants to see kids that badly at xmas, she (my mum) can come over ALONE and see them.

I love pencil skirts too. BUT that day, I wasn't wearing one. I was dressed pretty much in the "classic" style, simple... 'elegant'... ya know?
The boots were actually the only thing on me that was ummm 'modern', sexy or whatever.

Yup, misery loves company...

But, I guess the point of all of that is this:

don't let people poison your life and stress you out and make you cry all the time (as I allowed to happen for years).
Take your only chance at happiness, and ditch them.
We're a much happier family for it.

:hug: :hug: everyone

I agree, life is too short to surround yourself with negative people.

Latest posts

Back