Tptw-is it different to when we were young

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANEY K

Reaction score
It's not a poll or a joke but do you find that life is different in this generation to what it was like when we were young..do you remember sitting round the family table and talking ect..ect..going to a bank with a savings book and so on. the only games we had were on a board..tiddlywinks was a wicked game and we were out most of the summer playing cowboys and unjuns or thinking up many games to play to pass the time.

Now as we are getting older we are just learning to get to grips with computers and all the amazing gadgets we are spending money on such as mobile phones..laptops..Big screen Televisions..PSP,PS3.

well it's probably the signs that You've Had TOO MUCH Of The millennium when you......

Try to enter your password for your computer on the microwave

You haven't played poker or solitare with a real deck of cards in years.

You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

You have to send an e-mail your son or daughter in her\his room to tell him\her that dinner is ready, and he\she emails you back "What's for dinner mum?"

You didn't give your husband\boyfriend a real valentine card this year, but you posted one via e-mail

Every commercial on television has a website address at the bottom of the screen.

You buy a new computer and a month later when you have just got it figured...it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid....unbelievable!

The concept of using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase is foreign to you.

Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have e-mail addresses.

You buy a mobile phone for your parents\grandparents and they use it as a remote control for the t.v (something my mum did and wondered why the channel wouldn't change....seriously!

You hear most of your jokes via email instead of in person and laugh at them more.

Your idea of being organized is multiple colored post-it notes.

Last edited:
lol, i can relate to all of that.

My nan phoned to say her mobile wouldn't charge. I went round and she had the charger plugged into the hole for the headset, bless her.

My daughter msn's me from upstairs asking if i would take a drink up etc. She also phones or texts me from upstairs asking what's for dinner, text/phone her when it's ready, or any other daft questions. Also to inform me who is coming round. I dont reply, so she phones on the house phone, i still dont reply she has to come downstairs, lol

Latest posts

Back