Trainee for new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Hope I've posted this in the right place. I'm soon to be opening my own nail and beauty salon and I am wanting to employ at least two junior trainees. Where do I get them from? Would I be best to post an ad in the job centre or phone up the local collages and ask them?
Is it too early for college placements?
Thanks in advance

morning !
I have just started as a salon junior and when I was looking I was literally looking everywhere on the web. gumtree especially. job centre website local papers. it would of
been handy for me if salons asked at college for applicants but I bet if you did you would get every tom
dick and Harry applying. which could be a good orbad thing really.

or even putting a post on here somebody may know some one or whatever.

good luck with your search , hope
you find what your looking for :)

mine came looking for me - i like that as it shows initiative

be really really really selective

i always said no previously but liked this girls determination and when i asked her to do something it wasnt a problem

eg provide cv, come in for meeting, come in for trial, provide references etc

have pm'd you!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

morning !
I have just started as a salon junior and when I was looking I was literally looking everywhere on the web. gumtree especially. job centre website local papers. it would of
been handy for me if salons asked at college for applicants but I bet if you did you would get every tom
dick and Harry applying. which could be a good orbad thing really.

or even putting a post on here somebody may know some one or whatever.

good luck with your search , hope
you find what your looking for :)

Good idea. Thanx hun.

The first thing I do is put a well printed sign in the window, something simple along the lines of 'Trainee required, please enquire within'. The response is normally quite good, when someone comes in I take their name and contact number, and I ring them that evening, to start the interview process. If you are not open yet, you may want to put your mobile number.

I find a sign in the window is useful in many ways, shows clients (regular and in your case future) that you are expanding, local people see it and pass info on to anyone they know who maybe looking and you may well get someone who lives locally which I think is always a bonus.

Def get in touch with local college and the place you trained, they will help you if they can. I find for placements it's usually September students approach salons.

Personally I do not usually get a good result from ads in papers or the job centre.

Good luck

Or why don't you go to your local college to advertise the position there? We have a jobs board and offer ideal candidates to salons, then they study towards their level 2/3 one day per week and are in the salon 16+ hours x

When you say trainee do you mean apprentice? If so tap in apprentice and your area in google and contact apprentice providers local to you. They have a £1500 grant they offer employers if you take an apprentice on.

can't believe I forgot to mention the apprenticeship website !!

I was literally checking it for
new vacancies daily haha

x x

Thanx for all the help and advice. :)

Latest posts

Back