Training - Advanced Skin Analysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkster

Reaction score
Dear Geeks!

I am planning my training for the next 12 months and I'm looking for an advanced skin analysis course that will also cover things like more in-depth extractions inc Milia etc. I'm not interested in doing ITEC L3 as I'm just not into the electrical side of things (I'm a bit more 'hands on')

Does anyone know where I can train in this other than the IDI as Letthead in Surry is a bit toooo far for me to commute (although their courses are just what I'm looking for) London/Midlands/East Anglia area would be preferred!

Many thanks

Em x

I too would be interested in any answers that come forward for this. I would love to do a course covering a more in depth analysis especially. Ideally in the Midlands area for me. I will watch in anticipation.

Helen xx

Not sure if this will help but there is a book called advanced skin analysis by Florence Barratt Hill and I know that Environ Tel Number 0208 450 2020 do have a few training dates a year for the advanced skin analysis course with the author herself. I do think you may have to be an environ stockist though. However the book is fantastic!:green:

I have to concur that Florence's book is fantastic & goes to show how ridiculous the current level of training in 'skin' given by colleges is.

I have to concur that Florence's book is fantastic & goes to show how ridiculous the current level of training in 'skin' given by colleges is.

I have this book and I am astonished how much ISN'T taught at college. It has totally opened my eyes and I look at skin so differently now, and much more confidently. I would definately recommend this book

I have got to add the book is fantastic - great reference. However, I believe the course with Florence is not exactly what you may expect, I have heard from several girls who have been on the course it is based around her small diagnostic machines, which are very expensive.

I also agree that not enough is taught about skin analysis at college!

would love to get this book as I would like to read more into skin analysis.
This might well be my christmas present with money that my mum sends up.
Off to look at amaz*n and thanks for the tip.

blimey, its not cheap is it!!!

just ordered the book and it may or may not go under the tree. might have to have a little flick through first!!!!:green:

Not sure if this will help but there is a book called advanced skin analysis by Florence Barratt Hill and I know that Environ Tel Number 0208 450 2020 do have a few training dates a year for the advanced skin analysis course with the author herself. I do think you may have to be an environ stockist though. However the book is fantastic!:green:

Excellent book, excellent course. It makes you think about the skin from inside out. The practical side of the course is skin analysis using various diagnostic tools (UV scanners, hand held ones etc). Florence will explain how to do milia extraction in theory using a lancet.

Book early, I believe Florence only comes once or twice a year. The places get filled up by Environ therapists as Florence's course is part of their official training.

just ordered the book and it may or may not go under the tree. might have to have a little flick through first!!!!:green:

If you have a flick you won't want to wrap it up though! I don't think you'll regret it as although it's not cheap it's fantastic for a good up-to-date overview of skin & skin conditions.

I do have this book. I thankfully got it for my birthday last month so I'm still reading it. No book however can substitute for hands on visual training although I do think it will be very educational. I also have the 'Colour Atlas of Dermatology' book which is helpful (and also bloody expensive) but I do find that many of the photographic examples are of conditions in their extreme stages and I think it's very important to be able to spot them in their infancy?

I think it's a shame that there is not more training available in this subject. As I said previously, I'm not into doing L3 as I'm not an electricals kind of girl, but I do strive to be damn expert at the treatments I do perform.

I did look at the IIAA course and kind of assumed that it was more towards becoming an Environ therapist and I'm quite happy with my Skincare provider.

Oh well, if anyone finds a course (or decided to run one - any experts out there?!) do please let me know.

Em x

Excellent book, excellent course. It makes you think about the skin from inside out. The practical side of the course is skin analysis using various diagnostic tools (UV scanners, hand held ones etc). Florence will explain how to do milia extraction in theory using a lancet.

Book early, I believe Florence only comes once or twice a year. The places get filled up by Environ therapists as Florence's course is part of their official training.

Sorry I must have missed your post!

Do you know if the course also involves using your eyes, touch & mag lamp or just the diagnostic tools? I'm just curious re: Karmajules comment on the expensive machines that I have no interest in purchasing?

Em x

I was just going to post a thread the same as this.

Could anyoone who has been on the IIAA course tell me what length of time was spent learning about the diagonstic tools eg 1/2 a day/full day?

Has anyone bought the book prior to doing the course and found the course more informative? (I have the book, but finding it hard to take all in).

How much time is spent on product training for Environ?

Hope someone can help, many thanks.

I bought this book on Martin's recommendation and read it whilst on holiday. I've read many nursing/surgical text books and whilst this book is hugely indepth and very useful I found that the truly appalling spelling, grammar and punctuation detracted from its value, and made it difficult to read.
I contacted the iiaa about Florence's course having read about it on their website only to be told that they no longer run it. They've since taken it off the site, thank goodness!

Latest posts

Back