Training in male Brazilian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well anybody can wax eh,tongue in cheek,see how thick the wax was applied,then put on skin any old direction and likewise when wax strip ripped off.I thought the lad was an angel for enduring that pain,bet he was covered in bruises the following day not to mention missing quite a bit of skin.

Sweet Jesus and the baby orphans....that was torture...poor geezer thought he was getting a good wax! WTF was she doing with that spatula? So glad they didn't film the sac part...maybe they did and I didn't stick around long enough to see!

Andy, when is your course happening?

OMG, That poor lad!!!

Cathie! said:
Andy, when is your course happening?

All being well, the beginning of summer will see the first official courses - I'm currently looking for a photographer to take some proper photos for the training manual, so if anyone knows a decent photographer who doesn't charge the earth and who isn't squeamish, please point them in my direction!

In the meantime, I'm thinking of running some mini group seminars either in the salon or at training venues around the country - basically consisting of a presentation, a demonstration of the technique, and a chance for people to ask questions. It's just an idea, to be honest I'm not sure if it's something people will go for or if they'd rather wait for the full certificated course... but I do so love being on stage, lol (that'll be the ex-drama student in me!) :D

Andy :)

I wish you all the very best Andy with your course, a great idea for the male grooming industry....... there are many girls and guys who now much prefer the 007 look......"shaven not furred" but with the introduction of a skilled waxing technique can keep it looking trimmed for longer! lol

Stu's eyes are watering just watching part of that video :eek: :eek: :eek: - can't watch the rest!

OMG!!!! that was just horrifying to watch. No wonder I make so much money waxing when there are people like that out there doing it!! crazy!! :)

Spray 2 Go said:
there are many girls and guys who now much prefer the 007 look......"shaven not furred" !

Mandy, "Shaven not furred"... LOVE IT!! I might have to pinch that one, lol :wink2:

huberella said:
OMG!!!! that was just horrifying to watch. No wonder I make so much money waxing when there are people like that out there doing it!! crazy!! :)

It's scary, isn't it? I'm beginning to think some of the horror stories I get told aren't so unbelievable after all! By the way, Anita, are you the same huberella as on waxwaxwax? If so, people, we're in the presence of Waxing Royalty - this gal is a waxing legend!

Andy you are such a scream - get on with the course and lets have a look at a proper shaven not furred example - Best of look in your venture :green: - will pm you later

:hug: Debbie xx

http://store.yahoo.com/allured/wholeballofwax.html

Hi- this link takes you to a video called, The Whole Ball of Wax. Shows the techniques for waxing many body parts. Including Male brazillian. I purchased it 3 yrs ago. Very detailed.

Do I do this or would I?....Nope. My bus. is home based & personally I would be uncomfortable with this. Good luck with your research.

Sharon

Axiom said:
Hello everyone, I'm hoping to pick your brains!

Something I've been thinking of doing for a while is to offer training in male Brazilian waxing (back, sac and crack) to therapists who want to offer this service to their clients.

Thanks in advance for your help (and thanks to Sassy for proof-reading this before I posted!!) :D

Andy

Hi Andy... I think we should get GMG to be a model:eek: :lol: :lol: :!: Good luck with this. I have to say that if I were a guy and considering this... I would think it would be paramount to know that the person doing the do, knew EXACTLY what they were doing to the most professional enth degree. I can't seriously imagine what a 'slip' might do... but it's making me squeeze my cheeks together! :eek: :Grope:

Best of Luck with it!:!: :hug:

handsup said:
http://store.yahoo.com/allured/wholeballofwax.html

Hi- this link takes you to a video called, The Whole Ball of Wax. Shows the techniques for waxing many body parts. Including Male brazillian. I purchased it 3 yrs ago. Very detailed.
Sharon

Hi Sharon :) Lori Nestore's DVDs are, in my opinion, the best currently available - she's not known as The Wax Queen for nothing!

In the UK most insurance providers require therapists to receive practical, recognised training before they provide us with treatment cover, but The Whole Ball of Wax is indeed an excellent resource for qualified therapists wishing to brush up on their techniques.

Mrs Geek said:
Hi Andy... I think we should get GMG to be a model:eek: :lol: :lol: :!:

I think GMG might have something to say about that... but hey, it would certainly make an interesting Nail Geek tutorial!! :lol: :lol: :D

Thanks for your best wishes... watch this space everyone! :)

Andy

Axiom said:
Mandy, "Shaven not furred"... LOVE IT!! I might have to pinch that one, lol :wink2:

It's scary, isn't it? I'm beginning to think some of the horror stories I get told aren't so unbelievable after all! By the way, Anita, are you the same huberella as on waxwaxwax? If so, people, we're in the presence of Waxing Royalty - this gal is a waxing legend!

Yes, I am the same huberella from waxwaxwax... I think I'm blushing a bit :) Thank you for the compliment. Lori Nestore...aka the wax queen, called me the waxing godess :) which is an extremely high compliment coming from her. I have never seen her DVD, however I have been emailing back and forth with Lori for a few months now, she is an amazing teacher. I have also been approached by ex-students and fellow employees as to making a training video on braz waxing techniques. It's a very good money making area to get into.

Handsup.... I probably wouldn't feel all that comfortable doing male clients from home either. Although I must say, I have yet to come across a male client that made me feel in the least bit uncomfortable. The majority of them are there for the same reasons that the female ones are... and they make extremely loyal clients.

Hi Andy, someone on the BABTAC public forum is interested in your course, not sure if you've seen it, think it was posted today... you are in demand! x

huberella said:
Yes, I am the same huberella from waxwaxwax... I think I'm blushing a bit :) Thank you for the compliment. Lori Nestore...aka the wax queen, called me the waxing godess :) which is an extremely high compliment coming from her. I have never seen her DVD, however I have been emailing back and forth with Lori for a few months now, she is an amazing teacher. I have also been approached by ex-students and fellow employees as to making a training video on braz waxing techniques.

Hey it's all true - the industry needs teachers like yourself. Go for it, make the DVD, you have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share (and I'll be your UK distributor!! :D)

And a compliment from The Wax Queen herself... I'm envious! She is indeed a great teacher and an inspiration - I only wish she'd come to the UK, the airfare to America is a bit much just to catch her show (although I will admit I've thought very seriously about it, lol) :D

stampy said:
Hi Andy, someone on the BABTAC public forum is interested in your course, not sure if you've seen it, think it was posted today... you are in demand! x

Thanks for the heads-up Stampy :) :hug:

Andy

Axiom said:
Hey it's all true - the industry needs teachers like yourself. Go for it, make the DVD, you have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share (and I'll be your UK distributor!! :D)

And a compliment from The Wax Queen herself... I'm envious! She is indeed a great teacher and an inspiration - I only wish she'd come to the UK, the airfare to America is a bit much just to catch her show (although I will admit I've thought very seriously about it, lol) :D

I've really been considering making an educational video... my current employer is interested in helping me.... I should start investigating it more. Canada really doesn't have any decent waxing classes.

Have you come across or given any thought to training for male waxers?

I am interested too. Have had a few guys ask me for a baseball but have unfortunately had to decline. I have told them not to go to anyone who isn't properly trained in the bsc and therefore have adequate insurance. However, the last guy that requested this service had contacted all the salons I suggested in the local area and none of them provided this service. There is a real gap in the market here.

I could be wrong here but I am sure I have seen that there is to be new legislation and tighter restrictions on therapists providing this service, will pm you with details if I can remember where I saw it.

I think £100 for a day course is reasonable, but would want no more than 3/4 people on the same course. It would also be useful if you could provide the models as no-one I know would bare all for me to wax their bits LOL.

The only other problem I may face is that I have only ever done sugar strip/hand paste sugaring would this preclude me from your hard wax course Andy? Or could you provide a hand paste sugaring version of the BSC aswell maybe??

OH, I dont think my hubby would like me doing that.... he'd be paraniod. You know what men are like..:eek:

Latest posts

Back