Transfer Foil... YUMMY!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspired by Unique Tips I had my foil delivered today and some new nail wheels and I have been having a little play! Unfortunately I can't upload pics today for some reason so have put my facebook page if anyone fancies a look

TheNail Beautique | Facebook

They are so simple to do but look fab and I also love putting more than one colour foil on the nail, especially silver and gold. I'm going to try with some other colours, as opposed to just Blackpool..... probably wildfire and fedora!

Anyway thank you Unique Tips and the video from Holly as I love doing this!

Awww :) I'm about to foil myself!! I'll post pics when I finish :)

Note to everyone:

Foil does NOT work with new OPI Gelcolor. The sticky just isn't... Sticky enough. Lol thought I would share!

This is foiling on myself!! I love it, simple and effective !!!
Sorry pic took on I pod so not so clever!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322655427.764105.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322655427.764105.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 298
This is foiling on myself!! I love it, simple and effective !!!
Sorry pic took on I pod so not so clever!!

Love it! I can't wait for my foils to arrive now! I have to admit I don't get or like the whole crackle polish look. This is similar but I think it's so much more upmarket! Lol x

Hi Geeks

I got the above from Ebay. I bought 3 packs which had 15 different colours (2 of each colour in each pack) and it cost me £4.90 including delivery.

Colours I'll receive:

Emerald Green, Burnt Orange, Blue, Purple & Fuchsia

Peach, Aqua, Turquoise, Lilac & Pink

Red, Blue, Green, Silver & Gold

Here's the link for one of the sets

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

HTH

Love n hugs laura xxx

Oooh, let us know how you get on with them! :biggrin:

Has anyone tried it with Gelish? I got my foils today and itching to try, I hope it works!

Can you use these with regular nail polish as I was thinking it would be good for little girls parties? if so how would you do it? :eek:

Has anyone tried it with Gelish? I got my foils today and itching to try, I hope it works!

Iv done them on gelish they look fab :) x

I have just received some festive nail foils as not used before so thought I wud test on some friends, iv fallen I love with one set I'd like myself but my nails are so thin and weak I have to wear at least a layer or build and base gel...... Can I put foils on over this?

I just ordered some cant wait to have a go think I might try the ones I have left from when I was at college lol xxx

I've seen a few on NailDelights but sods law is that all the ones I like are out of stock :grr:

Iv done them on gelish they look fab :) x

Lovely, maybe you can give me a little advice then! I tried it today (only on a spare nail tip) and not as much of the foil stuck as I'd have liked, did you dab your foil onto the colour or on the top it off, and before or after curing?

oooh mine have just arrived, cant wait to do them tomorrow night, its my works xmas do on saturday so just in time ;)

Lovely, maybe you can give me a little advice then! I tried it today (only on a spare nail tip) and not as much of the foil stuck as I'd have liked, did you dab your foil onto the colour or on the top it off, and before or after curing?

Hiya, I did foundation and two colour coats ( I used black) then I put the foil on top of that, I kinda put my finger behind the foil and pressed randomly on the nail and just keep doing it till i got the coverage i wanted then top coat and done, it looks lovely, I used a purple foil. Hth :)

I did this last night was normal polish, looks ok, BUT in order for the foil to stick the polish needs to be not quite dry.. and in my case i used a colour & it smudged, i think i'll try again with maybe just a clear x

Hello dolls! I retract my original statement that the foil won't stick to gelcolor. Did this yesterday as a new Christmas design. FUN! this is Russian Navy with red and green foil. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322751552.798211.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322751552.798211.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 277
I have just received some festive nail foils as not used before so thought I wud test on some friends, iv fallen I love with one set I'd like myself but my nails are so thin and weak I have to wear at least a layer or build and base gel...... Can I put foils on over this?
Anyone??

Hiya, I did foundation and two colour coats ( I used black) then I put the foil on top of that, I kinda put my finger behind the foil and pressed randomly on the nail and just keep doing it till i got the coverage i wanted then top coat and done, it looks lovely, I used a purple foil. Hth :)

Excellent thanks! I've just had a cancellation for tonight so it gives me a bit of time to play, every cloud eh! :)

Hi there, I thought I'd just let you know that the Ebay link given the seller has now sold out of these foils. I did a google search and came across this link:

Special Savings! - FoilPlay

I have just ordered 6 packs. They are on a "special" at the moment at 99p per pack. Delivery is free over £5.00. Hope this helps.

My foils just arrived from foil play (web address above). I ordered them Tuesday evening so next day delivery really! Free p&p too! I ordered all 8 packs which came to under £8. Happy happy happy!!!

Hello dolls! I retract my original statement that the foil won't stick to gelcolor. Did this yesterday as a new Christmas design. FUN! this is Russian Navy with red and green foil. :)

That's gorgeous, so Christmassy! :)

Latest posts

Back