Treatment Swapping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you take part in a treatment swap?

• Yes, yes, yes!

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • No way!

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Only if it was regulated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

HanVC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quickie, what are your thoughts on treatment swapping? Is it something you would consider? Something that NEEDS to be offered? What are your concerns with swapping treatments and do/would any of you use a website for local businesses/pros that offer swaps in your area?

I would love some feedback, it's been a taboo subject recently and am really curious for your ideas :) xxx

I do treatment swaps with a couple of fellow geeks :) I have my lashes done by LieLash and SarahAesthetic does all sorts of facials for me, both in exchange for nails... we are friends and support each other - it's nice to have an excuse to get together and have a pamper! No money is exchanged.

Xxx

I swap with a hairdressing friend she keeps my grey at bay and trims when needed and I wax her brows and give reflexology or reiki when she needs a boost it works well for us both

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm about to do one tonight, tanning for lashes and I'm so excited. I think it's a great opp to have a pamper and make new friends.x

Oh this is a great idea xx

I happily do my friend's nails and brow/lip waxing in exchange for having my hair done. It has been cut, coloured, curled and blow-dried at various times, though i am natural atm.

I think treatment swapping is a brilliant idea for those who work alone xx

Me and my hairdresser do.

I think it's a brilliant idea, she has already said she can't wait for me to qualify in massage. So I will be having my hair done a lot :) c

I do this with one of my best friends who is a hairdresser. She cuts and colours my hair and I do her nails, we just ask that we cover the product costs so neither of us are out of pocket :) Works well for both of us!

my best friend tints my lashes and brows and i do a set of acrylics for her (I'm still training) she did eyelash extensions for me once but i hated how long they took. i think its a great thing to do aslong as the treatments you are getting and giving are costing similar prices x

I use to do it but lost touch with the girl. Anyone looking to me who wants to treatment swap Im game :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'd like someone to swap with. Norwich area ideally x

anyone in Hartlepool, massage for beauty? xx

Myself and a friend swap waxing every 4 wks we met on a Kim Lawless course and have been friends since :)

I had wanted to do this but never found anyone to swap with

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

I'd love to do this also but never found someone I trust enough with a high standard of work

I think its a great idea, I did a weekly swap for a while - mainly massage and reiki to chill - but then we both got busy with different schedules and fell off track

Many busy stylist sacrifice their own beauty services for a full appointment book.

Treatment swapping forces busy professionals to calendar some "me time."

This is a very business minded thing to do, because it saves money and forges great relationships.

It's a great way to keep busy beauty pros looking the part.

I'm all for it!

Everyone list where you are and maybe we can find a match :)

Maybe it could be a new area for Salon Guinea Pig to move into? https://www.salonguineapig.co.uk/ - I've been running that site for just under 5 years now, and it's suddenly had a resurgence of interest, thanks to being featured on Channel 4's SuperScrimpers, and with me recently introducing email notifications on there, so that people who are signed up can get an email sent to them when someone in their area needs models for treatments they are interested in...

Why wouldnt you do it?

I treatment swap with 2 therapists who offer different treatments. Its great to chill out and have some 'me time' every now and then.
We just slot it into our diaries around our clients.
If you need things doing and you can get it done 'free' in exchange for doing something for them, it's a no-brainer :)

Latest posts

Back