Treatments in pajamas, are you serious?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly different situation to yours but last week i had a client turn up to her 9am appointment in her pyjamas!! It amused me no end and brightened up my morning lol :)

Other way round:
My neighbour over the road always comes for Gelish nails and pedis late at night in her PJ's. Sometimes she brings a plate with her dinner on it. As she's paying, she could turn up in a clown suit for all I care! :p

Other way round:
My neighbour over the road always comes for Gelish nails and pedis late at night in her PJ's. Sometimes she brings a plate with her dinner on it. As she's paying, she could turn up in a clown suit for all I care! :p

PMSL ! x

I've had people phone me up at 7am on a Sunday morning asking me to do their hair for them as they've got a christening or family meal etc to go to!! :/

I was not pleased to say the least lol! Our jobs are hard enough as it is but to work all the time would give me a nervous break down. Family time is also important to me and I cherish my time off. :)

I feel like going to work in my pyjamas everyday ...... :D

I wish I could go to work on me pjs everyday.

I must say I've been to tescos in pjs slippers and dressing gown lol.

My friend asked me one night if I wanted to go down the pub and I said no because I wanted a quiet night as time whent on I thought I'm really board and she rang me to see how I was I said I was coming down the pub but I couldn't be bothered to get ready so I went down the pub on a Friday night in full nite time atire pjs slippers and dressing gown.I've done it so many times lol.XX

Coleen that doesn't surprise me so much since it came from you ;)

I love going everywhere in my pjs long as its not out of anyone's house. The car is fine too :)

I think there is some sorta charity pj day? Someone find it and we should all do it :D I remember doing it at school hehe.

I would have gone to this client in my pjs to be honest. It'd have been like a slumber party! Ok, too far...watch me kill this thread now haha x

Pinkbunny don't you think there is something quite liberating going out in your pjs I love it I really do I could just live in pjs.

Yes we should I would love it a pjs day.

I've had me dressing gown on over my clothes since 9 thismorning lol.xxx

Pinkbunny don't you think there is something quite liberating going out in your pjs I love it I really do I could just live in pjs.

Yes we should I would love it a pjs day.

I've had me dressing gown on over my clothes since 9 thismorning lol.xxx

I agree Colleen!

I go to the super market in my pjs, uggs and a cardigan all the time. Last night before i went out i popped to morrisons to buy a bottle of vino with pjs, cardigan, uggs and rollers in :)

It really doesnt bother me haha x

I agree Colleen!

I go to the super market in my pjs, uggs and a cardigan all the time. Last night before i went out i popped to morrisons to buy a bottle of vino with pjs, cardigan, uggs and rollers in :)

It really doesnt bother me haha x

Fantastic I will have to try the rollers in to that is just extra special lol.

I love it it dosnt bother me either.in the winter when it's snowing I walk and drop my gal off to school in my pjs wellies and nice long warm coat lol I wear quite bright pjs to sometimes and I like subtle nice winceyets to lol.

I don't care what people think of me to be honest lol why swap comfort for uncomfortable xx

My next door neighbour plucked up the courage to ask me why I have so many young ladies turn up at my house in their night ware. He's in his 90's bless him, he looked so relieved when I explained about spray tanning.
My most embarrassing moment in my pj's was when I went to visit my daughter late one night, I got stopped by the police, random drink drive test, and the look on this young coppers face was priceless.
Step out of the car please madam, I did in my fluffy pink dressing gown and bunny slippers:D

My next door neighbour plucked up the courage to ask me why I have so many young ladies turn up at my house in their night ware. He's in his 90's bless him, he looked so relieved when I explained about spray tanning.
My most embarrassing moment in my pj's was when I went to visit my daughter late one night, I got stopped by the police, random drink drive test, and the look on this young coppers face was priceless.
Step out of the car please madam, I did in my fluffy pink dressing gown and bunny slippers:D

My friend once got cautioned for this - same thing random stop she was driving us (her and i) home from another friends about 1am we had like loungey clothes on leggings etc but we did both have slippers on. When she got out he told her it is an offence to drive in slippers? He let us go but not without a warning. He was laughing at us but he also was quite serious. So now i have to make do with uggs rather than slippers lol and she is the same! Argh :(

X

My friend once got cautioned for this - same thing random stop she was driving us (her and i) home from another friends about 1am we had like loungey clothes on leggings etc but we did both have slippers on. When she got out he told her it is an offence to drive in slippers? He let us go but not without a warning. He was laughing at us but he also was quite serious. So now i have to make do with uggs rather than slippers lol and she is the same! Argh :(

X

I'm luck I don't drive lol and there ain't no law that says colleen can't pound the streets in her glittery White slippers with a pom pom on top lmao xxx

I'm luck I don't drive lol and there ain't no law that says colleen can't pound the streets in her glittery White slippers with a pom pom on top lmao xxx

So you are the one in the silk Neglige then?

There's no way I would have said about being in pyjamas.

I would have lied and said I was working. Sounds better. Sounds like you're in demand and they've missed out. Sounds like you're keen.

I'd be first to agree that we need our time off though, just think that clients don't necessarily need to be told all the ins and outs of our downtime.

It's different on here . . . . I'm talking to you guys, so I can be honest.

But if a client asks me if I'm busy the answer will always be yes whether I really am or not. This is still with me from a place where I used to work, where the boss insisted that the office said we were busy whenever anyone asked as he didn't want word to get around that things were a bit slack as it seemed to indicate poor performance . . . and I think he had a point, so have continued with it! People would think "ooh, they're nice and busy - let's go to them".

Good on you for enjoying your night off though x

There's no way I would have said about being in pyjamas.

I would have lied and said I was working. Sounds better. Sounds like you're in demand and they've missed out. Sounds like you're keen.

I'd be first to agree that we need our time off though, just think that clients don't necessarily need to be told all the ins and outs of our downtime.

It's different on here . . . . I'm talking to you guys, so I can be honest.

But if a client asks me if I'm busy the answer will always be yes whether I really am or not. This is still with me from a place where I used to work, where the boss insisted that the office said we were busy whenever anyone asked as he didn't want word to get around that things were a bit slack as it seemed to indicate poor performance . . . and I think he had a point, so have continued with it! People would think "ooh, they're nice and busy - let's go to them".

Good on you for enjoying your night off though x

I do that. If I feel like a Saturday off cos I've had a hectic week or I'm doing something else and someone calls for an appointment, I tell them I'm fully booked. I wouldn't say that I'm off to a wedding or day out, I always pretend I'm working. Like you say, it looks like youre in demand and popular so must be really good at what you do. :D

She is a very regular client who I have had for years, she constantly books last minute when she feels stressed and fancys a massage or facial NOW,
Which isn't a problem if I'm not busy or can squeeze her in I'll go late at night if I'm in my pjs watching tv I'll get dressed and go.
If I told her I was fully booked she would stop calling last minute but wouldn't necessarily book in advance either as she never knows her plans.
And sometimes it's nice to get out last minute, extra money and all that.
She is a good client and has got me a lot of work through word of mouth I can be honest with her.

I don't take days off, I am often out working until gone midnight to accomodate my clients.

I have 2 small children and a partner who just for one evening I would like to spend some time with chilling out, without rushing off to work at a moments notice.
I posted because i thought it was funny about the whole pajama thing...

My client over the road came round again tonight for a repair. In her PJ's (again). She had to lie to her hubby and say she was borrowing a book as he just wouldn't understand why a nail repair is so urgent. :D

I just like to look nice when I go out. Hate it when I havnt had time to do my hair or something and it has to go up in a bun. Maybe that will change when I start doing the school run? Lol x

Completely Get where your coming from.. Nothing suprises me anymore lol i got asked to go out and fix a nail at 11pm on a friday night.. I replied the next morning to say i had been asleep and that if the repair was urgent i could fit them in at 8am.. I had actually been watching a dvd with my bf but thats my business at 11pm its my time.. I completely appreciate without my clients i wouldnt be where i am now but i also have found out the hard way that its very important to have your own time too.. You were at home having a night off and i think you were quite right to not go, clearly she is a regular and understanding client so im sure she wouldnt mind.. Despite the pj suggestion lol

Good on you for sticking to your guns and keep to it :) i think you were totally right.. I appreciate all my clients and will always be as accomadting and as helpfull as poss and will always answer there calls and texts on my days off and do early morns or late nites for them all.. but no i wouldnt give up my only night off either.. As you said you have small children and a partner.. Yu have every rite to stay in in ur pjs with them and you shouldnt be expected to go out :)

I work from home, and after falling pregnant with my second an not fitting into my work pants, all my clients know evening appointments are comfy pants appointments, THEY LOVE IT!! I have even had a couple coming in the morning in pajamas now!! Mostly nails and pedicures, who wouldn't want to be comfortable whilst being treated? Most comment how much more comfortable they feel with me. So laugh away, but I've gained more loyal clientele through it!!

Latest posts

Back