Trendy Nails wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya

Blix ???? Is this a supplier or another brand ? either way - tell me more

I still need to know where to get the TNU Foot Fetish in Sassy Thing as appointment dependent on it :eek:

Thx

turn them sideways? dont know if that would affect the design though but it what i do with minx if i have this problem?

tigi
xxx

Ive had mine on for almost a week, and no problems as yet lol x Ive had sooooo many comments about them xxx Happy with mine xxx

Mine have been on a week now and had no problems with them im really impressed with them and the amount of comments ive had on them is great :)

Maybe its not ideal me having them on in my job as a child care assistant coz im washing my hands every 5mins. I have had lots of people say there nice very funky but im very critical and they are peeling up so maybe i shall have to try them again and maybe apply glaze & go over them to keep them on.

Any1 tried that over the top?

I have been using Minx for a few months, but tried Trendy as thought they would be better value for money,( being able to get two sets and spares from them). But having done them on existing Minx clients, I found them harder to file away to look natural,on the ends, (due to being thicker i think) and they look like stick ons to me!, whereas Minx being thinner, look like they are meant to be on the nail,Trendy seem to lift as well, on the ends and Cuticle end, and yes i did Glue the ends to seal, shame cos the idea is good, i applied to my Minx clients advising them i was trialing some ''new designs and they could have it cheaper But each one noticed a difference in wear. So for me, Back to Minx!

blixz is a brand i use them and have fantastic results they are also the best priced you have to ring up for trade pricing though the uk distributor is a company called ideal beauty products

Hi All,

Ive just tried a new product called TNU = Trendy Nail Wraps.

Its like minx only they seem much sturdier and very easy to use.
I didnt need to use a lamp. I simply just used a wee hair dyer but also found the lamp on my nail desk was just as good.

They have great designs and Ive heard they last for up to 6 weeks on the toes yippee!!!

I used www.trendynailwraps.co.uk

Have fun - they are brilliant under acrylic

beauty partnership, distrobuters of entity are selling trendy wraps now xx

have you tried blix ??? they are fab :lol:

Have been using minx a lot recently in the salon. How have you found blix? Is the application the same and does it last?

shelly, i noticed you are in liverpool. Millennium nails in maghull have the full range of full and pro cut. they also sell the heat lamps and do the training. they will also answer any questions you have over the phone. hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you heat them if not with a hairdryer?
i do minx nails and was told i needed to buy a minx heat lamp which cost £130+ vat i could not afford this so i bought a heat bulb for £10 and a normal desk lamp for £12 and it works perfectly u could do this i did not fancy using a hairdryer myself "so it would work also for trendys" xxx

Hi Shelley,

Congrats to you on working in a salon. Im sure it will go well for you.

I bought loads of them and put them into a photo album and let the girls choose or suggest if they have a special occassion to let me know what colour they are wearing. Then I just make sure I have the colours in for her.

I found the website very good www.trendynailwraps.co.uk it tells you how to use them with gel and acrylic etc.

Good luck and have fun - funky nails

Hi
What a good Idea about the lamp:idea: I'm looking for a lamp at the moment. What did they call the lamp you bought from Ikea? Or the price, I had a look online at them but they seem to have a few possibities:confused:

i use blixz nail wraps ,i use an infared bulb which i bought in a pet shop (people use them for kepin reptiles warm)i put the bulb into a fexible lamp stand i bought from ikea and it works brilliant you and it probably cost me 5% of what some companys are charging for a branded infared lamp

What a good idea about the lamp:idea: I had a look online at lamps at Ikea, there were a few I thought were possabilities:confused:. Do you remember the name of the one you bought, if not maybe the price might help me track one down.

I must also apologise to the other readers as I put this on before without linking it to you. :irked: I'm new to the site and just getting my head around it. :eek:

my lamp stand is one on a flexible stand with a screw fitting as most infa red bulbs have screw fittings look on ebay for bulbs phillips infa red i use also now know you can get the blixz fiols from nco and a place in dundee are now doing training also there still cheaper to ring ideal beauty directly as you get the stand and the free tool kit

Becareful of what your doing here girls or your end up in trouble.

The infra red heat bulbs ..are excatly that heat! and can get very hot..if you try and put these in some simple lamp they will melt the plastic of your lamp which could cause a fire...Most infrared lamps are metal not plastic...

So just a word of warning :) x

oh yes forgot to mention my lamp stand is metal am a tutor in a college and we use infra red lamps for heat during massage and myself have used them in my previous salons the infa red lamps used for keeping reptiles warm are designed to be running continuously obviously plastic would melt if it was exposed to strong infa red heat as the blixz is sold purely recomending you use a heat source to make the product more maliable and aid a strong adhesion to the natural nail plate they did not advise me to do this im purely trying to let fellow geeks know how i saved a bit a money i presume cmmon sense would be applied by anyone using or purchasing electrical products in my opinion all theese teflon plastic nail foils or wraps work well when applied with heat i have seen companys at shows using infa red ,hair dryers and halogen lights as there heat sources to demonstrate there products if anyone can enlighten me as to what the expensive branded infa red lamps have different to phillips infa reds i would like to know as it seems to work perfectly for me many thanks

Latest posts

Back