trouble capping gel !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
hello everyone hope your doing ok !!

So my problem is capping ,, it seems to come off when im doing nno mainly mine ! so am i doing it to thin or just wrong ??

Can you explain exactly what it is that is coming off?

When you file your NNO at the edges, be sure you use your file at a 45 degree angle - i uploaded some pics here awhile ago, to explain/show the edge filing technique - i'll go see if i can find them.

Ok, I've found them - scroll down the thread as it's talking about 'curling' but take a look at the pics i uploaded, that's whgat i mean about a 45 degree angle

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/82933-nail-peeling-under-acrylic.html

Last edited:
are you filing it off at your final shaping stage....?? i cap with each layer of gel i do....this allows for a light tidying of the free edge just before my topgloss gel....any more than a tidy up with a 240 and you will be removing that capped free edge.

Hey...I do the same as angie...I cap on every layer. With nno I find my gel shrinks a little more so capping is really important. Can you explain your method to give a clearer picture?

Latest posts

Back