Trouble sticking tip on to nail!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly-Tara

Reaction score
Hi i have just bought some pro impression tips, natural and white, i have just done a nail using the natural tip and had no problems but when i tried doin a nail with a white tip, it would not stick to the nail, i am using nsi polybond glue and nsi balance gel, and followed the instructions, but the tip will not stick atall.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice?
Thanks

Very strange, I cant say I have ever ha a problem with Pro Impression tips. Have you tried etching the inside of the tip? it may adhere better..x

No i haven't, i will try that and see if that works. Thanks alot :)

Never had a problem with pro impress tips but do sometimes have probs with the adhesive (gellbond) not being up to room temperature...or if clients hands are really cold. HTH's

Also find that the tips are more curved than the nails, i am just practicing on the nail trainer, shal i use tips that are alot bigger cause they sit better on the nail? an just file them down to size? That is what i did. Is that right?

Well i have been trained to go bigger and tailor to suit before applying to the nail....

Whilst training i used the tips supplied on the course, then moved onto my own later on...

Have you contacted your tutor to ask for help...

Wel i have just done my gel course with essential nails and am waiting for my results, and just wanted to try the pro impression tips as i heard they were good.

Also find that the tips are more curved than the nails, i am just practicing on the nail trainer, shal i use tips that are alot bigger cause they sit better on the nail? an just file them down to size? That is what i did. Is that right?

That's your problem!!! And that's your answer!!!!

the size of the tips do you mean?

Yes hun, tailor the tip to fit the nail. If your tip isto curved and your pushing it down to fit, it will just pop off eventually...x

Yeah thats what i thought. Thanks x

Talking about proimpression well less tips, a couple of time I have applied them thinking they are fine but when I look down the barrel of the nail there's a gap between the the tip and the nat nail, is there a knack of putting these on?

I always squeeze them gently first, the white ones are a little stiffer .... i have had no problems with them ....

tips really should fit the natural curvature of the nail, you shouldn't "force them on", this is why I use about 6 different styles.

ok Thanks wel which tips do you feel are the best?

ok Thanks wel which tips do you feel are the best?

THere are soooooo many tips,....... use the thinnest, the best colored and the most flexible. After all, it's the acrylic that gives the strength.

These are all the issues that are ignored when doing training (without a tutor) on a placky hand.

Write down all your questions, get in touch with your training provider and ask them all you need to know....

One tip doesnt suit all & you should have a few different types provided....

Training hands are harder to work with than real ones...Good luck

Like Nailzoo, I stock a variety of different tips, as one type doesn't tend to work for everyone. Some people have say flat nails or deep sidewalls with a square c-curve etc

There is a vast amount of tips out there to try, I use CND, Ezflow and pro-impressions mainly.

hth:)

Like Nailzoo, I stock a variety of different tips, as one type doesn't tend to work for everyone. Some people have say flat nails or deep sidewalls with a square c-curve etc

There is a vast amount of tips out there to try, I use CND, Ezflow and pro-impressions mainly.

hth:)

Just like fifitrix, I have NEVER found one company that can supply all my needs, it's difficult to get a company or supplier to admit their inadequacies though. They all think they are the be all and end all.

Latest posts

Back