Turned up with no money, told me after I'd started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if I had started I would of downed tools and packed away if she couldn't pay me.

It's hard enough at the moment let alone doing someone's nails who can't even pay! I wouldn't waste my time & products.

The cheek of some people really cracks me up! X

I know. I really regret just carrying on now. I have learned now though thanks to you all. I still can't understand what sort of person would even be having their nails done if they can't afford it anyway! Its not asif she said oh iv forgotten the cash I'll bring it straight after, she said she won't hav money till then. I have four lovely ladies booked in over the next two days, whom are reliable and trustworthy and they know my time is important. Its not until after this happened that I realised just how nice they are. I will give her until saturday 5pm to bring the money to me, after that my debt collection campaign will be starting lol. I guess I just wasn't sure what I was supposed to do in that situation, now I know and it won't happen again x

X

It's all part of the learning curve. Your skin will get thicker. I bet the next time someone sits in your chair and tries that same bull sh*t, they'll leave with some messed up nails. :wink2:

Reading that there I thought u were going to say leave with a punch or a slap lol

X

Reading that there I thought u were going to say leave with a punch or a slap lol

X

LOL....that would be my FIRST inclination. :wink2:

Hey girlies. I'm from hair, I'm mobile and I get this alot :( people not paying me etc,last thurs I did a half head of foils and a cut and at the end of the appointment she told me that she only had 20 quid on her can she give me the rest tomorrow. She was late giving me the money, and it did upset me because I did such a good job too. Are we allowed to take payment before service? Or perhaps
Take a deposit on booking? I really feel for all of you because in the last month I've had 3 clients who have
Quite frankly treated me like a mug. Xxx

Amy, people are not treating you like a mug .... you are letting them treat you like a mug. (see my post above).

With nails it is easy to ask for payment up front, as we have the excuse that they will spoil their nails if they wait until after they are polished. That doesn't work so well any more since Shellac which is instantly dry. :biggrin: Still with a new and unknown client or habitual offender I would definitely ASK for payment up front.

You could say to a hair client or a nail client ... "Your bill today will be $xx.xx You can settle with me now or later when we have finished; which would you prefer to do?" At least that way, if they have no money they would have to own up at that point (unless they are out and out rogues)!

Last edited:
I can't understand how these people have the nerve! I would be absolutely mortified if I went for a service and didn't have the money to pay for it. It's downright stealing, which is illegal, like shoplifting or burglary. Unbelievable! What kind of upbringing have these people had? They have no morals. I always treat people how I want to be treated. If I realised that I didn't have the cash in my wallet to pay my mobile hairdresser, due to some error, I would write her a cheque or pay via mobile phone and I would be so embarrassed!:Scared:

Just popping in to say..........

My client returned on time and with payment for today and also asked me how much she owed me for the "little problem" (that's what she called it) from the other day.

I told her I would not charge her as she did the right thing by returning for her scheduled appointment today and because I didn't actually use any products or waste too much time.

She was very happy, told me I was a darl and she has now booked in her next 2 appointments.

Win, win both ways:)

Ellebelle,
When I have more time a bit later, I will post up my list that I have behind my head on the salon wall where I have all my policies and etiquette for my salon.

Wellll today is the day haven't heard anything yet. She has 5 hrs left

X

If your client does not return this is theft.

Call her after what you believe to be a fair amount of time, if she doesnt answer leave a message saying you would like the money by XYZ and if by that time you havent had it......

Call the police!

I messaged her at 3.30 sayin what time will you be coming at she said I'm going shopping I'll message you when I'm back. God knows when that will be. More waiting.

X

I messaged her at 3.30 sayin what time will you be coming at she said I'm going shopping I'll message you when I'm back. God knows when that will be. More waiting.

X

It really is a damned cheek! Do these people think they could swan into Waitrose/M&S et al and swan out with a fortnights worth of food/goods... for nothing?!

Next time, down tools or take the money upfront, before she's allowed to book in.

I hope you get your money asap :)

So its now 7.39 . Has she paid ?

No she messaged me a minute ago askin to pay on monday bcos her kid is unwell! My other half says to just forget about it and not get into an argument with her, but I don't want to be a pushover! She's just been shopping fgs her son can't be that bad. I'm not a violent person in the slightest but part of me wants to go round there and rip the nails off her llol

X

I don't think you should let this go and if I was in your position I would not either .

If you have not replied yet can you not say that you have waited for (however long it is ) and you NEED the money this weekend so I will pop round to collect it - Like NOW . You do not need to get into an argument about it but at the end of the day you provided a service that she has not paid for . She is 100% in the wrong

She is just taking the michael . Her priority today should have been to get your money to you NOT to go swanning off shopping . Makes my blood boil just reading this

Completely with the poster above.

Possibly wait til the end of today as she has asked to pay today. I would send her a message, or better yet just call her, and ask her what time you should expect her.

If you get no reply or she asks for more time go back to her with another message saying you are sorry that it has come to this but as you she has had adequate time to get the money to you and has failed to do so you will be reporting her.

Hopefully this alone will get her to cough up.

Do not let it go, she owes you money, you are not a charity. You don't have to argue with her. Give her til the end of the day.

Never take a booking from her again.

Completely with the poster above.

Possibly wait til the end of today as she has asked to pay today. I would send her a message, or better yet just call her, and ask her what time you should expect her.

If you get no reply or she asks for more time go back to her with another message saying you are sorry that it has come to this but as you she has had adequate time to get the money to you and has failed to do so you will be reporting her.

Hopefully this alone will get her to cough up.

Do not let it go, she owes you money, you are not a charity. You don't have to argue with her. Give her til the end of the day.

Never take a booking from her again.

Tell her you will report her to the police for theft if she does not pay you today as promised. I certainly would ring her asap to remind her of the commitment she made and I hope you know her address details and phone number which should be logged on her client record card..

Hey girlies. I'm from hair, I'm mobile and I get this alot :( people not paying me etc,last thurs I did a half head of foils and a cut and at the end of the appointment she told me that she only had 20 quid on her can she give me the rest tomorrow. She was late giving me the money, and it did upset me because I did such a good job too. Are we allowed to take payment before service? Or perhaps
Take a deposit on booking? I really feel for all of you because in the last month I've had 3 clients who have
Quite frankly treated me like a mug. Xxx

I do hair/nails and makeup mobile and always take a deposit and clearly state to clients that the remainder amount MUST be paid proir to me setting up on the day otherwise i resever the right to refuse the service.

Due to this no one had dared not pay me!!!

I dont expect cheques either off clients.

I'm with Gigi here. THIS IS THEFT. And it has gone on long enough. Give her a deadline TODAY to pay you and make it very clear to her that you will file a formal report with the police. She's jerking you around because she thinks she can.

You don't need to worry about placating her. You don't intend to keep her as a client. Get the money for the service you provided and tell her to find another service provider.

Maybe I'm old school but if a client told me after I started her service that she didn't have the money to pay me, she'd be leaving with some jacked up nails because we'd stop right at that point and I'd show her the door and I'd tell her to come back with the cash or reschedule for a time when she had the money.

I ain't cheap, honey, and I am most certainly not running a charity.
LOVE it! :)

Latest posts

Back