Two questions on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amsha

Reaction score
Hiya i rang round various salons as wanted a set of bio sculpture nails doing for me and daughter i cudnt believe the variations of prices ranging from £25 to £60 in the end i ended up going and having calgel which i love i had to pay £40 as salon owner did them and one of the girls did my daughters £35 two questions are these reasonable prices? infills are £23 which i think is expensive and daughters index nail has split after two days do i complain or do i have to pay for repair?

Right had nails done last week paid more than i thought i wud as had to pay extra for salon ownere to do which i didnt anticipate £40 also daughters calgel index finger has got a tear in it after 3 days do i need to complain or do i have to pay to repair? what are the general prices for gel nails?? as i was getting quotes from £25 upto £55

I don't charge for repairs, I seldom have those.
Call and ask. Since it's only been a few days, they should cover repairs.

Firstly you should have asked how much the nails would be when you made the appointment and then you wouldn't have had a shock,
if they have different prices for each nail technician they should have made you aware of this,
or they may have given you a price list so expected you to know from reading this,
did your daughters nails come with a guarantee, most don't,
you will have filled out a client record card in the salon and signed to say that any and all breakages are to be paid for,
we can only fit the nails, we can not come home with you to ensure you follow all after care and look after them,
were you given after care instructions ?
prices all depend on the individual nail technician hth :hug:

Are the rest of your daughter's nails alright? What you have to look at is, if there is something that your daughter may have done with her nail. Accidents happen.

Normally when a client leaves the salon, the nails are then their responsibility and all breakages have to be paid for, I cannot answer for the technician who done your daughter's nails as I don't know her policies. Did she get an aftercare leaflet?

hth :)

i was told on the phone it wud be £35 each but when i got there the owner and girl were the only ones there so had no choice we didnt fill in any cards and no we didnt get an after care leaflet just had to pay £5 for topcoat to take home tried to sell me a kit to look after my nails but thought id spent enough my daughters nails are not as good as mine can see glue on skin under nail where with mine you cant she hasnt done anything excessive just wondered what the protocol was will ring and book repair thanx for advice

Hiya ...

I charge £40 and I do charge for all repairs...£4 per repair.

All nails are perfect when you leave...after that its up to the client to keep them that way...nails cannot be guaranteed as we don't know what you are doing with your nails/hands after you leave us.

HTH

i was told on the phone it wud be £35 each
If that is what you had been quoted then that is what you should have been charged, it was not your fault who was at work that day, that is down to who ever takes the booking but when i got there the owner and girl were the only ones there so had no choice
we didnt fill in any cards
It is a legal requirement of their insurance for them to ask you to fill out a client record card
and no we didnt get an after care leaflet
Not all salons give these out, some simply run out of them, they must have told you verbally how to look after them if they were trying to sell you a home kit to look after the nails
just had to pay £5 for topcoat to take home tried to sell me a kit to look after my nails but thought id spent enough
my daughters nails are not as good as mine can see glue on skin under nail where with mine you cant she hasnt done anything excessive
This is because your daughters nails were done by the junior, but in fairness she should not have excessive amounts of glue on her skin[/color]
just wondered what the protocol was will ring and book repair thanx for advice

Hope that helps a bit

thanx for that im not slagging the salon off my nails are fab very even just new to this and didnt know protocol no we definetly didnt get anything to fill out told us to be careful with nails for next 20mins and dont use dark gloves and nails are quite pourous so avoided my black suede gloves lol thanx again:)

thanx for that im not slagging the salon off my nails are fab very even just new to this and didnt know protocol no we definetly didnt get anything to fill out told us to be careful with nails for next 20mins and dont use dark gloves and nails are quite pourous so avoided my black suede gloves lol thanx again:)
Didn't think you were, don't worry about that,
if you don't ask you don't get the answer,
they should have had you fill out a record card though, the salon owner should and will know better than to not use them,
you need to be careful with all new nail enhancements for the first 24hrs,
and you should have been advised to use a nail & cuticle oil to keep the nails flexible and prevent your skin from drying out,

calgel and bio are nice to use as an overlay on your own nails but tend to have problems when used with a tip to make your own nails longer,
soak off gels are not as strong as buff off gels,
brisa gel is one of the very best hth

This is because your daughters nails were done by the junior,

Sorry Louise , I didn't see that bit at all, an still can't see where it says junior, not being picky here just blonde!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

thanx for the oil tip my skin is drying out on first two fingers to be honest will go get sum cuticle oil tom

Sorry Louise , I didn't see that bit at all, an still can't see where it says junior, not being picky here just blonde!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
I was guessing she was the junior as her charges are cheaper,
ok blondie :lol::lol: :hug:

that's my excuse by the way been blonde :lol:

I was guessing she was the junior as her charges are cheaper,
ok blondie :lol::lol: :hug:

that's my excuse by the way been blonde :lol:

:lol: :lol: :hug:

hi i am a calgel tech and have not had this problem with any client yet!! i would ring the salon and see what there policys are, considering it happened two days later they may not charge, i would not charge to fix in this case but that is entirely up to the nail tech and she would be entitled to charge as the nails were ok when you left the salon.. you do have to be carefull with calgel for the first 24 to 48 hrs as it can take this long to fully set.. there are alot of really good sytems out there but i think calgel is excellent as it does not chip or damage the natural nail, i agree calgel is nice as an overlay but i have never yet had any problems with extentions they always turn out fab but it is important to do your aftercare with them
joanne x

had to pay £5 for topcoat to take home tried to sell me a kit to look after my nails but thought id spent enough
The kit contains the aftercare products (CUticle oil, topcoat, remover, file etc), they are designed to give you what you need to look after your nails. Price and policies can vary greatly between salons, I think an extra 5 pounds to get the senior tech sounds like a bargin. Now seeing the difference between her nails and the owners you know what that 5 pounds gets you. Of course the more practice the junior gets the better her nails will be.

Latest posts

Back