Ugly duck nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your opinion of Flared nails??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1999judy

Reaction score
Maybe a tech from the US can answer this question?
Where has the idea come from to make these horrid wide fanned out duck nails?
Is a celeb wearing them?
Is someone promoting them somewhere?
I mean no offense to anyone who is producing this work but I would love to know WHY????
Does ANYONE actually like them??

Hi I have seen a few of those now , they seem to be around a bit lately,

I guess I wouldn't wear them ,
but for a fun competition I guess they would be ok,
a fannned out deck of cards would be a good design, :hug:

Are these FLARES ????

Ohhhhhhh I love them, Im on a promise for a set of these from a geeky friend lol

I think you either love these or hate them.

The salon I worked in liked nails like this too, they said it was square but it clearly was not square as squares do not look like that!!!!

omg...i am so glad of this thread this has been bugging me for the last fortnight!!!!

Well you know I'm nosey....it seems to be very popular in the US but in all the mags I read I've not seen anyone famous wearing them etc but each to their own!
Sorry I didn't realise they were called flares:lol:

I have never seen a celeb wearing these in any magazine!

It's almost as if it was done by mistake by a newly trained tech and they made the client believe it's a new look?!?!

I had a client come to me with them flared and wanted me to continue making them that way......I just couldn't do it! You have to keep re-extending the flares every fill cause of course the natural nail doesn't do that! After a couple times I told her I wasn't doing it anymore, and I wanted her to see how beautiful a natural looking set of p&w's is.......it's been a year since the change and she hasn't mentioned a thing about the flares!!!

Yep the 'flares'
Not for me personally and they are BIG in the States.
Take a look on beautytech.
I think its because when we got trained is was 'your nails have hips, take em in' lol
The shape would make the nails alot weaker.
x

Where has the idea come from to make these horrid wide fanned out duck nails?
Is a celeb wearing them?
Is someone promoting them somewhere?
I mean no offense to anyone who is producing this work but I would love to know WHY????

Reply: I have seen no Celebs wearing this style...There are some Techs that do this style intentionaly...there are a LOT of Nail Techs that get this shape by accident, because they have a hard time narrowing the side walls...I have no idea why anyone would want to wear this style of nail..I don't like the Flare/Shovel/Wide/DuckFeet Nail...Hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

Love My Flare Nails Ben Doing Them Since 1994 So I Dont No Y People Think They R New

Hi Also The Singer Pink & Mary J Love There Flare Nails

Where has the idea come from to make these horrid wide fanned out duck nails?not a clue
Is a celeb wearing them?haven't seen one
Is someone promoting them somewhere? not in any of the ad slicks or promo materials I've seen
I mean no offense to anyone who is producing this work but I would love to know WHY????once again, no clue

with out laying my life on the line, no I personally don't like them, but I'm sure that it takes practice and skill to produce a set that all has the same flare.

I'm not big on super fake, I lean toward a natural appearance, I just want to look nice and cared for not remade.

Love My Flare Nails Ben Doing Them Since 1994 So I Dont No Y People Think They R New

Thats a long time....got any pictures? would like to see.
x

I Cant Put My Pic On Here I Have Try But Wont Let Me
But I Tryed

ive always seen pink wearing short dark nails. ive never seen her wear flares (except pants lol)

Not my cup of tea but some like white tips half way down the nailbed so what ever floats your boat....... Quack quack

in a pic her n corey hart they r black flare with a heart on ever
one

:irked: I am horrified P!NK wears her nails like this?!!! I may have to re evaluate my feelings towards her now............*sighs*

:green::green::green:

she dont wear them like that all the time
i think where she has corey hart art nails they need to be flare
they cool

Not to my taste either, but "each to their own" as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back