Underarm, bikini and full leg wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeautiful

Reaction score
O... M... G... I waxed a client's underarm, bikini and full leg but it took me over 1 and a half hours to complete. I am really confident with waxing and I enjoy it but I was really strugling this time. Later on I discovered that the lady had prickley legs (I think she shaved a few days beforehand) and her skin was peeling. Not sure what happened there but, any
advise would be appreciated

Im not quite understanding.Was the pricklyness and peeling a few days after you waxed them or do you mean they were like that when you were doing them.Have you seen them since doing her.Where was her skin peeling.

Hi hun,
Not sure if i have got this right, but is it that she came to be waxed after having shaved only a few days befor, and then has now got prickly heat and peeling skin. mmmm Normally my ladies come when they have left the hairs for over a week to a fortnight so they are of a suitable length for waxing. I would imagine that she would have been harder to wax with the hairs being shorter, this making it take longer to remove all the hairs, as the wax would struggle to grip them correctly. (sorry if i have got this wrong hun, only a little confused in regards to whether she had prickly heat before or after, how much growth she had etc.) normally it would take me about an hour to do a leg wax, , bikini and underarm. But sometimes it can take less time and some times more time. But i like to chat lol:) and often with a newl lady i like to go over the product i use and how it works and an indepth consultation and after care regime so really could not comment on your timing hun. Sounds fine to me
In regards to the prickly heat. if she has got this since waxing, and obviously relatively new to waxing as she had shaved prior(few days) then there could be variouse factors that can cause this.

It may be that she went on a sun bed after her treatment or before
That she went and had a good soak it a hot bath
That what she has described as prickly heat could be that as she is new to waxing ehr erathema has lasted a little bit longer and often can be a little on the itchy side.
She could be on medication, not eating a healthy diet or she is sensitive to heat and the wax could have caused this reaction.
Again the dryness kinda fits into some of the above categories. Ie sun bed user,
On meds
Reaction to heat of wax because sensitive
or she could have been a little bit dry prior to waxing and because she has the prickly heat or erathema it has made the dryness more apparent,

Sorry hun, i feel i am being very vague. Personally i would not worry to much or get down over your timing, as some times new ladies require this extra time hun.

Hope i have helped a little, probably tomo when you explain a little more it will shed a little more light for us
Love jenny xxx:hug:

If she had shaved only a few days beforehand it must have been difficult for you to get all the hairs out without plucking loads of short ones which wouldn't have come out with the wax. . maybe that's why it took so long? Personally I'd rather tell the client to leave the hairs to grow for 2-3 weeks after shaving so that they will be long enough to get out. If she insists on going ahead with the wax anyway, I would warn her not to expect a great result and that regrowth would be fast and feel prickly due to shaved hair still being present after the initial waxing has taken place.
Not sure about the peeling though. . was she just back from a sun holiday? could she have been on any medication? maybe her skin was just very dry/sensitive due to the recent cold weather and central heating being on?

This is where the big difference is between male and female clients.

Men......They follow everything you tell them to do to the letter. That's why their hair reduces and they get easier to wax each time.

Women.......With the best intentions, we sometimes just have to run the razor over if an invitation or a hot date comes up. That's why you rarely get job satisfaction with female clients. Their legs will feel stubbly even when you've just waxed them.....just because the next growth is coming through. I always take my clients hand and run it up their leg and say 'You feel that stubble? That's where you've been shaving and your next cycle of hair is coming through'. That way, you're educating them and you're politely telling them that it's nothing that you've done wrong.

They need to get waxed every four weeks and not touch it in between. But you might as well whistle Dixie for that as most women will shave in between. So, don't beat yourself up about it....just educate them and let it go. xxx

Im not quite understanding.Was the pricklyness and peeling a few days after you waxed them or do you mean they were like that when you were doing them.Have you seen them since doing her.Where was her skin peeling.

hi Gillian, her legs were prickley before I started waxing and as I was waxing I noticed that her skin was peeling. Come to think of it, her legs looked a bit tanned so she might have either been on the sun bed. I don't think she went on holiday becase she told me that she was going to holiday in the next few days.

Hi hun,
Not sure if i have got this right, but is it that she came to be waxed after having shaved only a few days befor, and then has now got prickly heat and peeling skin. mmmm Normally my ladies come when they have left the hairs for over a week to a fortnight so they are of a suitable length for waxing. I would imagine that she would have been harder to wax with the hairs being shorter, this making it take longer to remove all the hairs, as the wax would struggle to grip them correctly. (sorry if i have got this wrong hun, only a little confused in regards to whether she had prickly heat before or after, how much growth she had etc.) normally it would take me about an hour to do a leg wax, , bikini and underarm. But sometimes it can take less time and some times more time. But i like to chat lol:) and often with a newl lady i like to go over the product i use and how it works and an indepth consultation and after care regime so really could not comment on your timing hun. Sounds fine to me
In regards to the prickly heat. if she has got this since waxing, and obviously relatively new to waxing as she had shaved prior(few days) then there could be variouse factors that can cause this.

It may be that she went on a sun bed after her treatment or before
That she went and had a good soak it a hot bath
That what she has described as prickly heat could be that as she is new to waxing ehr erathema has lasted a little bit longer and often can be a little on the itchy side.
She could be on medication, not eating a healthy diet or she is sensitive to heat and the wax could have caused this reaction.
Again the dryness kinda fits into some of the above categories. Ie sun bed user,
On meds
Reaction to heat of wax because sensitive
or she could have been a little bit dry prior to waxing and because she has the prickly heat or erathema it has made the dryness more apparent,

Sorry hun, i feel i am being very vague. Personally i would not worry to much or get down over your timing, as some times new ladies require this extra time hun.

Hope i have helped a little, probably tomo when you explain a little more it will shed a little more light for us
Love jenny xxx:hug:

Hi Jenny, (my sisters namesake lol) I did my consultation which included the question "are you on any medication or have you had recent operartions ...?" and she answered no to all of them, the problem was that when I started off waxing her legs, I was not aware initially that her legs were already shaven because I wore gloves and yes I had to pluck some hairs not a great deal of them, thank you for your advise it is really helpful.

This is where the big difference is between male and female clients.

Men......They follow everything you tell them to do to the letter. That's why their hair reduces and they get easier to wax each time.

Women.......With the best intentions, we sometimes just have to run the razor over if an invitation or a hot date comes up. That's why you rarely get job satisfaction with female clients. Their legs will feel stubbly even when you've just waxed them.....just because the next growth is coming through. I always take my clients hand and run it up their leg and say 'You feel that stubble? That's where you've been shaving and your next cycle of hair is coming through'. That way, you're educating them and you're politely telling them that it's nothing that you've done wrong.

They need to get waxed every four weeks and not touch it in between. But you might as well whistle Dixie for that as most women will shave in between. So, don't beat yourself up about it....just educate them and let it go. xxx

Hi kim, my client has had her legs waxed in the past but not by me, so God alone knows why she came to me and didn't go back to her previous therapist.

If she had shaved only a few days beforehand it must have been difficult for you to get all the hairs out without plucking loads of short ones which wouldn't have come out with the wax. . maybe that's why it took so long? Personally I'd rather tell the client to leave the hairs to grow for 2-3 weeks after shaving so that they will be long enough to get out. If she insists on going ahead with the wax anyway, I would warn her not to expect a great result and that regrowth would be fast and feel prickly due to shaved hair still being present after the initial waxing has taken place.
Not sure about the peeling though. . was she just back from a sun holiday? could she have been on any medication? maybe her skin was just very dry/sensitive due to the recent cold weather and central heating being on?

Hi tog, after my attempts to wax her legs, I advised her that should make an appointment to see me in 6 weeks so that we have a full set of hair (so to speak), I am waiting for her to come back, although the appointment has been made.

Hi kim, my client has had her legs waxed in the past but not by me, so God alone knows why she came to me and didn't go back to her previous therapist.

Maybe she's a salon tart (with respect). They never stick to the same salon. They're the 'swingers' of the beauty world LOL. xxx

Maybe she's a salon tart (with respect). They never stick to the same salon. They're the 'swingers' of the beauty world LOL. xxx

thats a classic kim i have never heard of them being called a salon tart before. lol :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back