Unless a client specifically asks (tanning)...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***juice***

Reaction score
...do you just use the % tanning solution that you think would suit them? I'm looking into tanning training atm and it got me thinking, I have never been asked what colour I'm after when I get a tan done (and believe me I'm a tanning regular :green:). So do clients ask you or do you ask them?

I quite fancy a dark tan and a set of lash extensions but am struggling to find info about salons in my area that do either....:eek:

I never ask them I tell them what colour they need. You will get some that want really dark and it depends what solution you use but I do it but tell them the fade off may not be so good.
xxx

I always establish which skin type they are first and then i ask what they want from the tan,
do they want to have a natural effect or dark effect etc and then i know which solution will best suit them,
i then explain the result that they would get from 2 of the % that i know will work on their skin type and we decide together,
i would never let the client just choose from the % range as they don't understand the product and how it works like we do, hth :hug:

I agree with Loobylou - I do exactly the same :)

As above, i ask if they're looking for a natural colour or a dark tan and then decide from there based on their natural skin type.

Latest posts

Back