unwanted gifts from cats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am at the end of my tether wth next doors cats leaving unwanted gifts in my front garden.

I do like cats but dont like their gifts all over my lawn and purple slate.

I have tried moth balls, Tea bags soaked in Jays Fluid, chilli powder, cat peletts ad water attacks when I am quick enough.

Any adc=vise on how to keep them off my lawn?
I have a cat alarm in the rear garden, which works, but as I have a path outside the front and it would be constantly going off.

Obviously I dont want to hurt them as thats cruel, but if I can deter them, then that will be magic!

xx

Just found this advise when I was checking about the citrus theory, I don't recommend it but it made me laugh!:twisted:

1. Buy a shotgun.
2. Buy a silencer.
3. Pick them off one by one and bury them in your neighbour's garden in the early hours of the morning.
4. Look innocent and act innocent.
5. Offer to put up posters to find the cats (good way of continuing to look innocent).

Curry powder is a good one, they sniff before pooping and one sniff of the curry powder does the trick.
It worked for me before I got a dog :wink2:

Just found this advise when I was checking about the citrus theory, I don't recommend it but it made me laugh!:twisted:

1. Buy a shotgun.
2. Buy a silencer.
3. Pick them off one by one and bury them in your neighbour's garden in the early hours of the morning.
4. Look innocent and act innocent.
5. Offer to put up posters to find the cats (good way of continuing to look innocent).

How funny!

Would love to get rid of them but she loves them and I have a heart too!

xx

You can buy dried lion poo which apparently puts them off!

It does annoy me that dog owners are fined if they don't clen up after their beast but cats are allowed to do their business anywhere and it's still dangerous poop to humans.....toxoplasmosis in pregnant women for one.

Hope you find an answer.

Ive got 6 cats and 1 off them is always bringing in 'presents'!! In the springtime he brings in live bunnies!! Thats a funny sight to see.....me running round at 7am trying to catch a rabbit!!! He generally eats them, starting with the nose in my bedroom!!!...Mmmmm what a lovely sound to wake up to! Breaking bones!!! Crunch Crunch, Yummy!! And in the winter he brings birds to the front door, when I let another one out he eats it so no mess!!!!

The best way I reccommed without hurting the cat is to get a super soaker, hide somewhere so they cant see you and squirt away!!! Because the cat cant see where its coming from it should get that scared that it wont come in your garden again!! Or if its a stupid cat like one of my other ones it will chase the water!!! Idiot!!!LOL

Failing that, get a big dog!!!!

Tried the curry powder, they sort of squatted over the powder and aimed in the drain! They are very cheeky cats.

I would love a dog but Mal said I cant have one until I give up work to look after it. I had a terrible tantrum not so long a go about a puppy I fell in love with, he said NO NO NO.

XX

Hi

One of my clients has a sonic thing, she got it from a garden centre and says it works a treat

hth

Are they spraying or number 2's or both?

The spraying is even worse, it stinks to high heaven.....I had one cat doing that in my porch regularly...eventually, I showed it my dog....fine beast of an Irish terrier.....it's not (the cat) been back since!

Are they spraying or number 2's or both?

The spraying is even worse, it stinks to high heaven.....I had one cat doing that in my porch regularly...eventually, I showed it my dog....fine beast of an Irish terrier.....it's not (the cat) been back since!

I dunno?? It does smell really bad.

I have a water pistil thingie, you know the one that you pump and spray? It's a kids toy. I have tried to soak them with that but I allways tend to miss them!

I might try orange peel, it was on that link that weezie sent me.

xx

Try this, I've done it, and only one of our neighborhood cats comes back (stupid kitten directly next door), the others stay clear away now.

A tupperware container with lots of holes poked in the top.
put in an old rag.
pour in enough Ammonia to soak the rag.
Place it somewhere near the house/in the garden where something is over it, keeping rainwater out (bush, tree, porch).
Every now and then, refill as rag gets yukko and ammonia has dispersed.

They HATE the smell and will decide that your house 'stinks' and will avoid it.
After about 2wks, no more kitties (except for dumb neighbor)
They were all spraying my basement window where my INDOOR cat likes to sit. Soooo in turn, stunk my basement every time they did it.
No stink since I've done it. No cats fighting outside my basement window. No cats ticking off my cat, through the screen, causing him to yowl lke a demon. It's been 6mths now.. I keep refilling.. to keep the stink, just in case LOL Although vet said I could stop now till they started showing up again.
Keeps away skunks and the like too.

the problems these outdoor cats cause are the EXACT reason I keep my cat indoors.
He can't poo in anyone's garden
He can't pee on anyone's window
He can't tear into garbage
He can't get into a fight at 2am waking everyone up on a summer night
Nor can he get hit by a car or beatup by a racoon.

he's safer and everyone's happier.

We bought a new house recently and, to keep cats off the garden, the previous owners had planted chives in the lawn! It works a treat. Both side neighbours have cats and they do not come in my garden. Plus it smells lovely when I cut my grass!

Gotta say I have heard that the lion poo works... bigger cat and all that... otherwise, yep a super soakers works great - BUT SO DOES A FLAME THROWER:D

My boyfriends' mum had something that used to give off a high pitched noise which apparently only cats can hear. It did work for her, my daughter could hear it though!

Also, I've heard the one about the pepper too.

We were always getting cats in our garden, brought the dog and haven't seen one since.

Teri x:Love:

I planted garlic in my garden and have never seen a cat since.

The citrus fruit really works, just put some lemon peel in your garden...they hate it, oh and black pepper does the trick too.

Im a cat owner and i fully understand that not everyone wants the present they leave

A clear lemonade bottle with some water in not completely full so the water can swish around sis good deterrent
The cats dont like the light rflection off it im told.
good luck
Sharen

Gotta say I have heard that the lion poo works... bigger cat and all that... otherwise, yep a super soakers works great - BUT SO DOES A FLAME THROWER:D

Surely this defeats the point spreading larger poos around the garden to replace the little cat poos!!! :eek: lol but to be fair cat poo certainly seems to keep lions out of my garden so maybe the reverse does work!

I'm only guessing that in this case that lion poo is not so smelly and can be used as manure?! :lol:

Latest posts

Back