Update on Ladies Corporate Event - Success !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give you an update on the Ladies Corporate Event that I attended last night.

But firstly, a HUGE thank you to all the Geeks that gave me advise and support on the above. Without your help and input, I don't think I would have been as successful !

The event was scheduled from 6pm - 9pm and we were advised to have 15min appointment slots as they were expecting a 150 people to attend. Not having done one of these before, I drew up 12 appointment slots, to fit in with the time frame (next time, I'll schedule myself a break !)

My first client came at 6pm which I was very pleased about, but thought that I was just lucky. I put my head down and started working like a demon from hell trying to keep within my 15min time slot and STILL do a great job.

The lady left very happy even though I felt the "quality" of the job wasn't that briliant as there was cuticle everywhere and generally didn't look that "professional" to me. I had about 5 seconds to ponder these thougths when the next client turned up.

Once again I started working like a woman posessed and towards the end of the treatment, I vaguely heard my friend (who was helping me) say "I'm sorry, but she is fully booked now, but please take a price list and she can come see you, blah blah blah"

I thought, what the hell is she doing !!?? I've only had two clients, why is she turning people away !! I gave her a look and she showed me my booking sheet. While I was working away on the second client, oblivious to everything around me, she managed to fill the remaining ten slots with people that saw me work and thought my standard was really good !

She even heard someone comment to their friend that they were really impressed with the fact that I was sanitising / disinfecting my equipment during and in between clients, including files and peoples hands, something their regular salon didn't do !! :eek:

I was literally busy from 6pm - 9pm without stopping. I didn't even get a chance to go to the loo !

Clients seemed to be really happy, even though I cringed at the fact that I wasn't able to offer the level of service that I normally do.

There were 2 other beauty therapists there which I was concerned about (1 of them is my main competition), but without blowing my own trumpet, both of them only had about 3 clients and I made sure my spies kept an eye on them ! I had a flock of people around my desk all commenting on my work and one lady said "That other table doesn't even offer a base and top coat like you do and charge £1 more !).

All in all, I had a really good evening and managed to make a profit. I even managed to sell some retail items (well my friends did) ! What I did find surprising was that the people were buying Cucumber Heel Therapy like it was going out of fashion, but I only managed to sell 3 SolarOils even though I was promoting it quite heavily .....

Once again, just wanted to say thanks for all the hints and tips you guys gave me. It really made my evening a success !

River

Well done!! Sounds like you had the best evening! xxx

hey good stuff river !!

AMb xx

Thanks guys :hug: :hug:

I was really nervous and actually contemplated not going because I doubted myself (i.e. being able to keep to the time etc).

My friend gave me quite a few of these :smack: :smack: , and made me see sense.

I'm really glad I did it. It was good experience and hopefully I'll get a couple of clients out of it.

Things are just really looking up for me this week, I just had another call for another client this evening. Hope this "busy" trend I'm having stays !! :D

River

Im glad you had faith in yourself in the end, see it proves you are more than capable.

Love

Well done - a great sucess for you there. Hope you've got yourself some clients from it too. xx

River said:
Clients seemed to be really happy, even though I cringed at the fact that I wasn't able to offer the level of service that I normally do.
River
Well done River. Your standard of work obviously stood out compared to the others. This is the sort of thing that worries me about taking on these sorts of events. With the limited time slots I worry that I won't be able to make my job look professional. If I'm going to tidy cuticles then I really want to tidy them properly and not leave them looking like they are a half hearted job ........ but that could take at least ten minutes! How did you do it?

Excellent news huna nd looks like soem new customers out of ti as well, thats what you call a successful evening. Suprise about the cuecumber hell theraphy though someone must of tried it before and told all their friends good for you though.
x

Well done River - here's to loads of new clients for you!

Mrs.Clooney said:
Well done River. Your standard of work obviously stood out compared to the others. This is the sort of thing that worries me about taking on these sorts of events. With the limited time slots I worry that I won't be able to make my job look professional. If I'm going to tidy cuticles then I really want to tidy them properly and not leave them looking like they are a half hearted job ........ but that could take at least ten minutes! How did you do it?

Hi,

I didn't, there was no time !

I kept telling the clients that normally I would do a lot of cuticle work and that I promise I don't normally work like this :!:

There was only 1 client that REALLY had bad cuticles and hangnails galore, that I simply couldn't let her leave looking like that. I only tidied them a little bit, but she seemed really happy about it.

I have to agree that even though the nails looked acceptable, they didn't look "the business" if you know what I mean. Like I said before, I can only hope that people understood that with the time frame allowed, I couldn't really do more than what I did.

River

Sounds like you did a great job, even though YOU feel like you couldnt show your full potential it due to time restrictions it obviously spoke for its self!!!! well done Hun xxxx

Well done:hug:

River said:
Hi,

I didn't, there was no time !

I kept telling the clients that normally I would do a lot of cuticle work and that I promise I don't normally work like this :!:

There was only 1 client that REALLY had bad cuticles and hangnails galore, that I simply couldn't let her leave looking like that. I only tidied them a little bit, but she seemed really happy about it.

I have to agree that even though the nails looked acceptable, they didn't look "the business" if you know what I mean. Like I said before, I can only hope that people understood that with the time frame allowed, I couldn't really do more than what I did.
River
Hope you don't mind me asking another question, but did you base, colour (one or two coats), gloss? Did you manage any flicks or simple nail art in your time span? Just trying to gather knowledge here.

Mrs.Clooney said:
Hope you don't mind me asking another question, but did you base, colour (one or two coats), gloss? Did you manage any flicks or simple nail art in your time span? Just trying to gather knowledge here.

Hi,

I did a base, single coat of varnish and a top coat followed by SpeedSpray.

No time to do a second coat and everybody understood that and seeing as I can't do nail art to safe my life :eek: , there was no nail art involved.

River

well done river, glad it went well for you!

What a fantastic success. You go girl !!!!

Thanks everyone !

I'm still buzzing from the fabulous week I've had. I've had clients every night this week as well as the Event.

I really hope I keep staying busy and that this just hasn't been a fluke !

River

Latest posts

Back