Upset CND is discontinuing Brisa Bulbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

franjess

Reaction score
I have Two Brisa Lamps One never used and I'm not very happy the're discontinuing the lights for the Brisa. Suppliers are still selling the lights for over $200. So whats up with that? They should let use do a trade in or something. Love the New ones, though can't afford to rebuy. I also like that the old one fit my station better, one on each side. You can also fit two hands in it, one on top the other. Any one else feel my pain? Please hear us CND can we do a trade in discount or Keep selling the lights. Thanks:sad:

Oh no! I haven't heard that! What a shame if they are for geeks who have jsut bought theirs. I've only had mine a year. Best stock up. Although i'd prefer the new lamp and am considering saving my pennies up x x

It isn't a case of them discontinuing the Brisa Lamps its the fact that they have made a much better version of it so why would they carry on making the older one?
They had to continue to sell the older style lamp until the new lamp was ready to manufacture as people would needing it for the Brisa.

The bubs as far as I know are still available and I'm sure you could buy them direct from Philips as they make them.

The new lamp is fantastic so much I now have 2 :D
The features have been thought out and put together brilliantly. :hug:

I was at a class yesterday and one of the girls teaching it said they were'nt discontiune it the other said they were. Hopefuly not for several years.

I would imagine they will still have the brisa lamps and bulbs in stock and will continue to sell them until they run out I can not see them manufacturing both lamps as the new one does everything the brisa lamp does and more.
:hug:

Is ther a chance that the Brisa Lamp bulbs & the new CND UV lamp bulbs are one and the same thing?

I have both lamps, but have not looked tbh.

As they both cure Brisa/Shellac with the same timings it would seem likely.

The Brisa lamp is being discontinued. I was at the same class as Franjess and one instructor said the bulbs/foils would be available indefinitely, the other instructor said they would be available for one year.

I get that they have come out with a better lamp but for those of us who have the Brisa lamp, it would be nice to know we can purchase bulbs/foils indefinitely.

I bought the bulbs and foils would still be available for 2 years.

I don't have a Brisa lamp but have the new one. I love it. Love the count down timer and bulb life. Love the removable cord. Love the handle. Love that it can do full hand cure. Love it.

I'd say your best bet is to call S2 and ask them, they'd be the ones who'd know the answer x

I do not believe they have plans to discontinue liners or bulbs

It would be alright if the new bulbs fit in the brisa lamp. I was going to buy a brisa lamp 2nd hand for shellac as can't afford the shellac one but not going to bother now.

It would be alright if the new bulbs fit in the brisa lamp. I was going to buy a brisa lamp 2nd hand for shellac as can't afford the shellac one but not going to bother now.
They will still be selling the Brisa bulbs and liners. Just not the lamp.

I think the new bulbs should fit in both Brisa lamps AND the new lamp.... they are Philips bulbs right?

I think the new bulbs should fit in both Brisa lamps AND the new lamp.... they are Philips bulbs right?

Yes you are right they are Phillips HIGH INTENSITY bulbs and of course they will be available to buy for a long long time yet. And before anyone gets any more confused I will close this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back