Urgent Cat Help Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

San

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help me out with a real problem? My mum died earlier this year and left behind my dad and two cats. Now, my dad has sold the house and is moving into a flat where he isn't allowed pets and I need to find homes for the two poor cats. I have a cat already who is not the friendliest so I can't take them. They get on well with each other. Both female, one tortoiseshell short haired, very affectionate aged 8 and one long haired black and white (beautiful, although very timid - not a lap cat) aged 11.

Please can anyone help me home them?

Thanks

You can try the Cats Protection League - a friend volunteers for them and is always suggesting we have a cat.

I've tried them but they don't have any room

so sorry to hear your sad news hun about your mum :hug:......have you asked your freinds if they know anyone nice to have your 2 cats? if not,put a ad in your local paper....say free to good home....you can ask the new people who will have the cats if you can visit just the next day so you can keep a eye out for them.

Have you spoken to your local vet? They normally have contacts with people you will home cats etc when in need. They won't necessarily be cats homes and they won't advertise, just kindly local people who help out the vets.

Try putting a ad in a newspaper, we call it the Ad trader in Scotland, they may be a alternative where you stay.

Newsagents windows always a good try, aswell.

Good luck in finding a new home.:hug:

When my cat who wasn't supposed to be able to have live kittens gave is six we put an add up in the vets waiting room and got homes for them the same day. I know it was kittens but lots op peeps are like me and actually prefer adult cats.

Sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm not keen on the old 'free to good home' thing - unless you know the person you really don't know where they are going and there are too many horror stories about cats being used as 'bait' to get fighting dogs 'ready' to fight each other. :eek:

Have you tried the local vets? They might be able to put you in touch with someone who 'fosters' cats whilst trying to rehome them.

Good luck, I hope you find nice homes for them.

Jackie
x

Try your local animal rescue centre, as they may be able to help you. They will also be able to re-home the two cats together, so they don't go to separate homes.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm not keen on the old 'free to good home' thing - unless you know the person you really don't know where they are going and there are too many horror stories about cats being used as 'bait' to get fighting dogs 'ready' to fight each other. :eek:

Have you tried the local vets? They might be able to put you in touch with someone who 'fosters' cats whilst trying to rehome them.

Good luck, I hope you find nice homes for them.

Jackie
x

I agree with you Jackie. You hear so many stories and I just wouldn't be able to do that.

You can contact your local RSPCA, or perhaps another Cat Shelter in your area.

If possible, I would try to keep them until you can find them a good home or a good sanctuary to go to.

Marlise

i agree with all the info given you have some good ideas.if your not to keen on them going to people you dont know then tell all your friends so that its word of mouth. also a good thing to remember is that oap's (old aged pensioner) usually prefer older cats so try advertising somewhere they go too such as the chemist etc... i used to work in a retirement home and they also have cats,we used to have two and the residents loved them.so try your local homes.hths and im really sorry for your loss. good luck

Latest posts

Back