Urgently need help with sleeping client, mission impossible

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your original post, you mentioned that you asked if she remembered doing it? Did she? Also has she been particularly stressed recently. She might not even realize that she has something on her mind, but thinks about it once asleep which is why she is so distressed etc.

You've spoken to her about it, so you cant really do any more other then offer regular breaks and keeping the room more fresh then relaxing (if you know what i mean?)

It's got to be tough though, possibly you could suggest that she come to you in the afternoon therefore you can spend more time with her (for breaks etc) and not have to worry about other clients coming.

Sadly,She never remembers any thing,and just laughs about her being my most difficult client,I always have a very open mind with clients,and talk very freely to em.
I also thought about her being stressed,she recently stopped working @ normal work.
And I think that could be one of the reasons for her behavior,,, thank you for your input,it is great to be able to talk with some techs abroad...here in Italy there isn't that many techs that want to speak to ya..

I don't do lashes, so my comments are purely from the common sense side of things.

You need to wake her up! It's crazy to try and do that kind of treatment with all that going on. Think about this, would you still carry on if the client was awake and doing it? Being asleep makes no difference, she needs to be still. Imagine how a claim on insurance would read to an assessor too.

I feel for you, but I don't know that any of these environmental things will be enough to stop her from falling to sleep if she ends up so deeply asleep that she acts like this. I think you will still have to wake her, or check with her every few minutes that she isn't starting to drift off. It's time that she took it as seriously as it could be too and realised that you cannot carry on working whilst she is asleep.

Good luck. :hug:

I don't do lashes, so my comments are purely from the common sense side of things.

You need to wake her up! It's crazy to try and do that kind of treatment with all that going on. Think about this, would you still carry on if the client was awake and doing it? Being asleep makes no difference, she needs to be still. Imagine how a claim on insurance would read to an assessor too.

I feel for you, but I don't know that any of these environmental things will be enough to stop her from falling to sleep if she ends up so deeply asleep that she acts like this. I think you will still have to wake her, or check with her every few minutes that she isn't starting to drift off. It's time that she took it as seriously as it could be too and realised that you cannot carry on working whilst she is asleep.

Good luck. :hug:

Difficult thing with Her,(it's only this client of mine that gives me a headache)
Is that it's nearly impossible to get her to wake up!

She is so deep sleeping,and that is also the reason she has no awareness about what she is doing....

I think you need to speak with her about it again. And make her take you seriously. Tell her you simply cannot treat her if this happens again because it is far too dangerous! Explain what you are actually doing and that the tweezers are so sharp aswell.

I would so everything mentioned above to make the treatment less relaxing but I would be chatting with her again.

Her normal time for retouch used to be about 75-90 min, I lash every single lash I can lash on.
But last appointment I think I spent really the double. (It was really a disaster)

This may be part of the problem. I think she is lying for too long so is having time to get into a deep sleep. Is 90 minutes your average time for an infill?

If you are spending 3 hours on her infill appointment, are you charging her accordingly? Maybe if your tell her you have to charge double because it takes you twice as long she may be encouraged to stay awake!

Sadly,She never remembers any thing,and just laughs about her being my most difficult client,I always have a very open mind with clients,and talk very freely to em.
I also thought about her being stressed,she recently stopped working @ normal work.
And I think that could be one of the reasons for her behavior,,, thank you for your input,it is great to be able to talk with some techs abroad...here in Italy there isn't that many techs that want to speak to ya..

Oh that's a shame! How come most techs don't want to chat about it? Is there just not many techs? I'm looking to train with Flirties in the next couple of weeks, and wouldn't have been able to choose the training i want to do if it wasn't for reading all the posts on here and talking to people about it.

I wonder if you suggested that she had a friend or sister/daughter come along with her to help keep her awake. They could sit in the room and keep her talking whilst you do your work and they can also help to wake her up if she does drift off. Your client could laugh about being your toughest client out of embarrassment... im sure she will very much appreciate the lengths you are going to keep her as a client by ensuring her safety. Which will also look very good on you as a tech, showing that you care about your clients and take the extra time and care.

Good luck on your next appt with her :) :hug:

This may be part of the problem. I think she is lying for too long so is having time to get into a deep sleep. Is 90 minutes your average time for an infill?

If you are spending 3 hours on her infill appointment, are you charging her accordingly? Maybe if your tell her you have to charge double because it takes you twice as long she may be encouraged to stay awake!

Depending on the amount of lashes left,and the lash line,I would say aprox 90 min is my average for a infill,that including the cleaning,and removal of any disturbing or lose lashes.

True,It could be yet another trigger for her to stay awake by mentioning the price change,,,I will wait and see how she does on my next appointment,

I been charging my clients by the "Look"
Natural,or full look.
So I never count lashes
Most my clients want the full look,means a lash on every lash I can lash on.

I just spent new year in Berlin,where I saw most studios charge by amount of lashes,so I have been thinking about changing my price list,as some of my clients has triple rows of lashes..

How do you work? Pricing,time?

How do you work? Pricing,time?

I work on the "time is money" philosophy so I charge my infills by time.

An average infill for regular clients is 45 minutes. If they have lost a lot of lashes or want a fuller look they need to book a longer infill and pay accordingly

Just a quick up date about my "difficult" client ;) after this time really going through with her about any potential damage,difficulties for me on working with her,she did take it very serious,and got my point on the double time, and eventual charges I would have to apply.

She was doing excellent,nodded off a few times,but wasn't going into deep sleep like last sessions:wink2:

I felt confident on working on,without having the worries about her sudden movements,and I keep my fingers x it keeps up like this!

Thanx 4 all support,and tips on this issue:Grope:

That's good news :) I'm glad she understood your concerns and didn't get insulted :)

Latest posts

Back