Urgently need help with sleeping client, mission impossible

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milanomakeup

Reaction score
Pls help me out on this tough topic.i really need some good advice.

As we all know the relaxing part of eyelash extensions for the client,we (technicians) sometimes have a bigger issue when client really goes into deep sleep,mean while we are working:wink2:

One of my very great Eyelash extension client,have been starting to scare me off:eek: what have happened lately,is nearly a mission impossible work for me:rolleyes:
not meaning to offend any one,talking about sleepers...but i really need some opinion on this.
My client falls asleep nearly instantly....and that would be a great thing,if she would stay still...but she doesn't:Scared:
Last appointment i had with her,i had to spend about the double time on application since it was impossible to do more then 3 lashes @ a time.
She would move her head rapidly to the side,speak in her sleep, squeeze her eyes,or just suddenly open her eyes widely...then just to close theme fast...

You can imagine my heart rate,as our tools can be a devastating weapon,and I for sure do not want to have the experience of pulling my tweezers out of a injured eye ball...puff...always when she behaves like this,i talk to her,meanwhile she is sleeping,I always ask if there is something that bothers her...and im constantly asking her to stay calm...but there is no contact...she is in DEEP SLEEP..during our last appointment,after I had removed and put her gel pads back in place for a 3 time,I was nearly giving up..
Not to mention my desperate try's to get her to open the eyes for re applying... Gel pads,and tape,where not doing the job of isolating lashes any more,as she had squeezed and re opened eyes to many times...just a big mission impossible.

It was one of my toughest application I had done for many years,im a tech since 2009, so I have more then a few behind me..
My so hard work on isolating and leaving the lashes in no contact with each other,is a total waist,after her squeezing eyes...just imagine:rolleyes:

Now,this client of mine,I have since 8 months back...it is just lately that she has been starting to behave like this during our appointment..lets say last 3 times..she comes every 3 weeks,and is very constant,since we re book appointment in advance,so she always looks great.

I'm using the same products,no change of glue,same gel pads,so nothing that could come to my mind as a discomfort.

When im done whit application,I leave her for about 3-4 min,continuing sleeping,making sure glue is dry and all lashes nicely separated hard work is to get her to wake up!.

Every time she asks me how she was doing...and every time I explain my "hard time" and asks her if she remembers? Every time now (i feel like i have been to war...and won:cool:)

I have explained her behavior to her,as good as I can,& I have explained the risk my tools can do,if she moves to quickly..but I don't want to terrify her either.
She loves her lashes,and never have had any discomfort from wearing EE or application.
I love the look I give her with the eyelashes,but im loosing more time on her,and im really worried about what can happen.

I need a Good advice,how can I resolve this problem,with out turning her down as a good paying client.

Anyone have experience on this? Please Please HELP

No advice other than make it less relaxing...? Sounds awful for you! Huge sympathy and hope you find a solution soon!!! x

I'd just to suggest to try and keep conversation going to prevent her from sleeping.

Personally I think I'd say I don't think she is suitable to have her lashes done- I'd be too scared!

Really hope you work something out! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You have to ask her to stay awake-maybe some strong coffee before the appointment and talk to her during the treatment. hth x

Last edited:
Thanx for getting on this topic...yes,it is a night mare to work on :((
But I'm such a perfectionist,and always keep my self in the position that Nothing is impossible....but I'm starting to doubt.

She normally comes in @ morning hours,so though maybe to change her in for afternoons,and see if there will change her behavior..

Please give me more advice,,anything that comes to your mind?
:wink2:

Stick some 'rave' music on and talk to her so she doesn't fall asleep.

Other than that you could use the express method so her eyes are open. I wouldn't risk injuring her if she has disrupted sleep like that!

Stick some 'rave' music on and talk to her so she doesn't fall asleep.

Other than that you could use the express method so her eyes are open. I wouldn't risk injuring her if she has disrupted sleep like that!

True...I looked into Express,but I'm not happy with the time consuming take off after 2 weeks....+ worried about the side effect it might have on the natural lash line in long term...understood that express lashes might pull premature ur lashes out....or?

But thanx for the Idea.. I'm really struggling,as I remember her as ok from the first applications we made,I'm the one who introduced EE to her.

Just trying to work out how to keep her more awake,since the problem starts when she really goes deep sleeping. More ideas?

True...I looked into Express,but I'm not happy with the time consuming take off after 2 weeks....+ worried about the side effect it might have on the natural lash line in long term...understood that express lashes might pull premature ur lashes out....or?

But thanx for the Idea.. I'm really struggling,as I remember her as ok from the first applications we made,I'm the one who introduced EE to her.

Just trying to work out how to keep her more awake,since the problem starts when she really goes deep sleeping. More ideas?

Damaged lashes will be the least of your worries if she opens her eyes and you damage her eyes with the tweezer or glue!
I doubt there will be any more ideas as you really need to keep her awake?!

Next time she does it just wake her up. Continue on your way and when she goes back to sleep just wake her up again. Don't let her get to a deep sleep. Tell her if she can't control herself, you can't work. I've had the same thing happen, one girl fell asleep and must have had that feeling where you're falling down the stairs and she jumped and opened her eyes, just as I was about to isolate a lash. I almost had a heart attack, she just giggled and said "sorry!" I don't think she realised how ugly that could have been.

You simply need her to stay awake.
Tell her that to do her lashes, she MUST stay awake as otherwise you are not able to offer your services-explain the potential damage you could cause if she opens her eyes with the tweezers in close proximity, the extra time it takes you and the over-exposure caused from opening her eyes and glue fumes getting in.
x

Damaged lashes will be the least of your worries if she opens her eyes and you damage her eyes with the tweezer or glue!
I doubt there will be any more ideas as you really need to keep her awake?!

That is the point...hmmmm...so you say go express..
Ok question... Im still not keen on Xpress..my one 2 one extensions is about 100-120 lashes per eye...a nice full look.. Can I get that full look with express,and still keep on re applying express lashes every 2 week?

That is the point...hmmmm...so you say go express..
Ok question... Im still not keen on Xpress..my one 2 one extensions is about 100-120 lashes per eye...a nice full look.. Can I get that full look with express,and still keep on re applying express lashes every 2 week?

The answer is no and that's why I don't do express. But what's the alternative? The possibility of damaging your clients eyes!

I'm not saying do express lashes im saying you need to keep her awake if you want to use the isolation method.
But you keep asking for more ideas, there are none. 😄

Caffeine is one answer. If she drinks tea or coffee it will be nigh on impossible for her to go straight to sleep. You could also schedule in a break half way for yourself to get up & stretch/restroom stop anything that prevents it from being relaxing & breaks it up, to keep her alert. Xx

Also have some aromatherapy going on that will stimulate rather than relax her Xx

Ok,Got some more ideas from ya all:)
So my new set up for her is as followed..

Spicy peppery scents in the air,no more vanilla bloom.
More rave and rock,then relaxing tunes.
Speaking more,to keep her attention attracted on me,then falling asleep.
A nice cup of coffe,or a guarana drink before I start,I hope it will work!
And I hope she want to drink it...
Maybe a break,let's say "pee break" in the middle of our appointment..
And if this doesn't work....
Maybe I try to get her in a more upright position,sitting maybe?

Does Anyone works with client sitting,rather then laying?

I'm really looking forward for my next retouch now with her,(still a morning appointment.).11 of jan,I keep you posted on how that goes:green:;)

Coffee isn't great as it can give the clients really twitchy eyes.

I would just explain to her why it is important she doesn't get into such a deep sleep and why you are worried.

Perhaps you could wake her every 10 minutes or so to avoid her getting into such a deep sleep? Make the room a bit cooler? Also ask her to chat during her appointment to keep herself awake?

Out of interest, how long does her appointment last.

Yeah coffee not great, I can always tell when my ladies have had coffee its twitch city! I can only think as said before, a cool room, no relax music and chat as much as you can to keep her awake.

Good luck!

I don't do EE but have received them. I wouldn't recommend caffeine to the client - not a healthy thing to recommend - fine is she wants to have some, but not on recommendation.

I don't think the ee is a relaxing treatment as such, but because of the length of time it takes and the fact that you are lying on your back, immobile, with eyes closed, it leads to clients dropping off, whether tired or not. Can you give her several breaks during the treatment to get up and walk around. This would get her circulation moving again and although may take longer due to the breaks, would be much safer and probably still quicker than the struggle you are currently having.

In your original post, you mentioned that you asked if she remembered doing it? Did she? Also has she been particularly stressed recently. She might not even realize that she has something on her mind, but thinks about it once asleep which is why she is so distressed etc.

You've spoken to her about it, so you cant really do any more other then offer regular breaks and keeping the room more fresh then relaxing (if you know what i mean?)

It's got to be tough though, possibly you could suggest that she come to you in the afternoon therefore you can spend more time with her (for breaks etc) and not have to worry about other clients coming.

Coffee isn't great as it can give the clients really twitchy eyes.

I would just explain to her why it is important she doesn't get into such a deep sleep and why you are worried.

Perhaps you could wake her every 10 minutes or so to avoid her getting into such a deep sleep? Make the room a bit cooler? Also ask her to chat during her appointment to keep herself awake?

Out of interest, how long does her appointment last.

Ok,I'm skipping coffe,and going for guarana... Might help! Chitchatting more,and cooler room temp..it's true,I do want my clients to feel comfy,and I always tuck theme nice in under the blanket..

Her normal time for retouch used to be about 75-90 min, I lash every single lash I can lash on.
But last appointment I think I spent really the double. (It was really a disaster)
i was lucky I had my lunch break,and not appointment after,so I just lost my lunch break...:eek:

Latest posts

Back