Using a thin coat of Brisa under Shellac for peeling nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
I have posted this yesterday morning in the shellac group but havent had any replies yet so am trying it here.

I have one client that has peeling nails, and doesnt get as long as she had hoped. Was wondering if i could put a thin coat of brisa under the shellac base coat so hopefully it adheres to it and makes them a little bit stronger. Can this be done. Now I know that when soaking off, the base layer wont soak off but I could gentle file it off and replace everytime. This lady loves shellac, and doesnt want to give up on it so thought maybe I could try this and see if it lasts well.

I hope that someone can help me. The very first time I applied shellac this lady got 2 and half weeks now sometimes she is lucky to get a week as some of her nails peel off at the free edge in several layers. I have told her the importance of solar oil and hopefully when she comes again she would have been using it and the peeling part has grown out. Thanks. Ax

It is certainly worth a try! Obviously the problem is the peeling edge and as soon as this wears away there will be the same problem. Brisa is a bit tougher so wearing may take a bit longer.

Why not put a form under and make the Brisa cap a tiny bit more substantial. This may stop the wearing back to the free edge long enough for a good 2 weeks. Can't see any need to file off Brisa when removing shellac as long as edge is still good. If your client is using her oil the peeling will grow out with the Brisa

It is certainly worth a try! Obviously the problem is the peeling edge and as soon as this wears away there will be the same problem. Brisa is a bit tougher so wearing may take a bit longer.

Why not put a form under and make the Brisa cap a tiny bit more substantial. This may stop the wearing back to the free edge long enough for a good 2 weeks. Can't see any need to file off Brisa when removing shellac as long as edge is still good. If your client is using her oil the peeling will grow out with the Brisa

Hi

Thank you for replying. I will give it a try next time with this client and see if it works. Would I still use the shellac base coat. thanks. Ax

I have posted this yesterday morning in the shellac group but havent had any replies yet so am trying it here.

I have one client that has peeling nails, and doesnt get as long as she had hoped. Was wondering if i could put a thin coat of brisa under the shellac base coat so hopefully it adheres to it and makes them a little bit stronger. Can this be done. Now I know that when soaking off, the base layer wont soak off but I could gentle file it off and replace everytime. This lady loves shellac, and doesnt want to give up on it so thought maybe I could try this and see if it lasts well.

I hope that someone can help me. The very first time I applied shellac this lady got 2 and half weeks now sometimes she is lucky to get a week as some of her nails peel off at the free edge in several layers. I have told her the importance of solar oil and hopefully when she comes again she would have been using it and the peeling part has grown out. Thanks. Ax

I do a very small extension on weak nails too, it seems to encapsulate the problem till it grows out stronger.

I use silver dashing divas on such clients. They are mostly invisible when they are applied. And certainly don't show under shellac colours.

With French I just use White ones.

I wish they brought out clear ones!

I use gel bond or seal bond instead if DD adhesive.

Had no problems what so ever!

Nail designer with a twist;)

Sorry to hijack thread but just wondered would this work on my curvy nails? I find if I put glue on tips the shellac does not seperate but its a bit of a scutter!
My nails are rather strange as its not the same nails everytime :eek: they are also quite thin! Tried actually painting shellac on edge and under to see if that would help, it just wont take on some of the edges grrr help! lol xx

I've been using a thin layer of TEN gel under my Shellac on my own nails and on a few clients who tend to have really bendy nails. It's been helping a lot - my Shellac lasts great, yet when I do a Shellac on myself without it, I get crack lines where my nails bend.

Ah well I will perhaps see about the brisa, my nails just curl away but not all the time, prob another stress related thing! lol xx
I've been using a thin layer of TEN gel under my Shellac on my own nails and on a few clients who tend to have really bendy nails. It's been helping a lot - my Shellac lasts great, yet when I do a Shellac on myself without it, I get crack lines where my nails bend.

would i need to still use the shellac base after the brisa gel. Ax

would i need to still use the shellac base after the brisa gel. Ax

No you would not need to use the Shellac Base Coat if applying Shellac colour to Brisa Gels or any other enhancement overlay.

No you would not need to use the Shellac Base Coat if applying Shellac colour to Brisa Gels or any other enhancement overlay.

Hi geeg

Thanks for your reply. Im gonna try this out tuesday evening on my client and I will update this once I know how she is getting on. Thanks. Abi

Latest posts

Back