Using Callus smoother

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps as a 'professional' it would be good to be fully aware of what uses the product was designed for..........

Cuticle Away is A professional strength cuticle remover and Callus Softener

On the CND website under product profiles you will find that it states that this product breaks down tough calluses, and that it is excellent at removing rough skin on heels and elbows.

I am Guessing that Doug wouldn't mind then :wink2:

Exactly!! lol I would not have recommended the use of Cuticle Away for the softening of callused skin if it were not suitable for using in this manner and if it were not CND approved.

Cuticle Away softens dead skin (cuticle) on the nail plate and by definition of what it does, ergo it will soften dead callused skin anywhere else you may happen to find it (elbows, knees, feet, even hands).

A professional is a person who knows the products they use inside and out ... Knowledge is one of the things that defines a professional.

Creative people who use their knowledge wisely and flexibly is what creates innovation.

Thanks for the back up ladies!

I stand corrected then! Thank You! It is good to know that the company actually recommends it is to be used that way. Some other cuticle removal companies don't and yet nail techs are using it that way! And I believe Doug Schoon would still stand by his comment about not using a product other than what it was intended, which is what I was referring to, no matter what the product is.

Last edited:
I stand corrected then! Thank You! It is good to know that the company actually recommends it is to be used that way. Some other cuticle removal companies don't and yet nail techs are using it that way! And I believe Doug Schoon would still stand by his comment about not using a product other than what it was intended, which is what I was referring to, no matter what the product is.

Actually, no, be fair here :hug: you were referring to my post re Cuticle Away being suitable for softening callused skin, and implied that it was not a professional thing for me to recommend its use. Your comment was not a general comment but quite specific to what I had said.

Of course Doug would stand by his comment (as would I) ... but as pointed out CND Cuticle Away is recommended to be used for softening callused skin (and a darned good job it does too!).

How and at what stage of the pedicure would you use cuticle away on hard skin? after sea serum?or as a substitute?

Thanks

xxSarahxx

I said "I stand corrected"!! And Doug's statement would apply to ANY product, not just cuticle remover.

The only reason I responded to begin with was because it was not stated originally that CND's Cuticle Away was directed to use to remove dead skin in other areas, so I am glad to see that was clarified. But it is also important to point out that NOT ALL cuticle removers are recommended to be used this way. And some nail techs are doing just that.

Last edited:
How and at what stage of the pedicure would you use cuticle away on hard skin? after sea serum?or as a substitute?

Thanks

xxSarahxx

It could be used as a substitute if you needed to and at the same stage of the pedicure, but Sea Serum is even stronger and specifically made to be used on feet.

said "I stand corrected"!! And Doug's statement would apply to ANY product, not just cuticle remover.

The only reason I responded to begin with was because it was not stated originally that CND's Cuticle Away was directed to use to remove dead skin in other areas, so I am glad to see that was clarified. But it is also important to point out that NOT ALL cuticle removers are recommended to be used this way. And some nail techs are doing just that.

I just wanted to clarify for everyone :hug:

It's all good!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back