Using other people's photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munch

Reaction score
I was just wondering how everyone felt about people using other peoples photos to promote their work??

One lady in a town quite close to me keeps putting other peoples photos up of the nail they have done on her facebook page and making out it is her work. It is really starting to annoy me, has she no shame some of them even have watermarks on.

What are other peoples thoughts? I am now not wanting to put photos up of my work just in case.

Mx

Hi..

Easy solution.. watermark your photos, with your copyright mark and that way no one can re-produce .. xxxxx

Hi, I do do that but evern that dosnt stop some people. as I said she is still using watermarked photes.

Mx

Hi..

Easy solution.. watermark your photos, with your copyright mark and that way no one can re-produce .. xxxxx

That's what I do :)

Still waiting the day someone tries to copy my pictures though!

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi, I do do that but evern that dosnt stop some people. as I said she is still using watermarked photes.

Mx

Perhaps someone should put on her facebook page
"I have noticed your photos but looks as though they are watermarked with someone elses name, are they actually yours!"

The actual owners of the photos can file a report with facebook for unauthorized use of intellectual property and facebook will remove it. If that makes you feel any better about posting your own watermarked photos.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. If she cant produce the work that she's advertising, she'll have some unhappy customers!!

Also, if she is using watermarked pics, the chances are people will look and see they cant be hers and will be wary of the other pictures.

Keep doing your thing and wait until the fat hits the fire. When the owners of the pics find out she has borrowed their work, i'm sure they will have their say! :hug: xxxx

I wouldnt worry about it too much. If she cant produce the work that she's advertising, she'll have some unhappy customers!!

Exactly!

Do you use Minx or Shellac? If so I can send you some great marketing images to use in your salon. Just email me at [email protected]

I do offer shellac, sweet squared have sent me a disk. thanks for the offer.:biggrin:

I would love to post somthing on her wall but dont think that would make me look very good.
Just hope people can see what she is doing, but somthing is telling me that are not:sad::sad:
Mx

I think its quite funny .A salon by me has used someone elses picture on their pricelist. My daughter loved them so I did some for her,they were minnie mouse red french with white dots and a black bow. Everyone admired them including the girls working in the salon who asked her how I'd done them. She laughed and said they are a copy of the ones you are avertising,cant you do them:wink2: x

I do offer shellac, sweet squared have sent me a disk. thanks for the offer.:biggrin:

I would love to post somthing on her wall but dont think that would make me look very good.
Just hope people can see what she is doing, but somthing is telling me that are not:sad::sad:
Mx

If she is using watermakred pics... you could always search online for the people who pics she's using and see if you could find any contact details to let them know? They could then choose if they would like to ask her to remove them.

It might make you feel better and would save you having to mud sling on facebook!

That's sooooooooooo annoying, she should hang her head in shame! Why would someone put pictures of work that wasn't theirs? Shocking to hear that!

Just seen fingernail fixers photes are being used, Shamefull.

Mx

I'm getting sick of contacting people for taking my images and content from my website and facebook. I spend ages writing things and doing pictures etc, and someone comes along and steals them in 2 seconds. It's not fair at all. The pictures you can watermark, but as for text that you've wrote, and someone copies and pastes, theres no way of making your mark on it and deterring them! :(

I am really worried about this too, i drew my own logo for my business and im worried people will use it? Where do u stand if they do? X

I am really worried about this too, i drew my own logo for my business and im worried people will use it? Where do u stand if they do? X

The best thing you can do is make your name part of the logo, it's much less use to potential thieves that way.

check out this link:
P-01: UK Copyright Law fact sheet

x

This really bugs me too, I actually found 2 local technicians who had other people's work on their website too - but the only reason I know this is because I now have their clients who told me they were rubbish!

1 of them promoted herself as a Star Nails trainer and took 4 hours on an infill that looked horrendous! :Scared:

Don't worry about it, they are liars and i'm sure clients realise they are as soon as they get their nails done with them becuase they don't look anything like the pics they saw.

I also have found out that the 'trainer' no longer does nails anymore - she must have lost confidence for some reason :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back