Using tips to infill/backfill??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Hi girls, it's been a while since I've posted as I haven't practised nails for some time now. So this post is from a clients point of view.
I went along for infills yesterday and instead of applying more pink and white as I've always known in the past, they just applied another white tip on top of the existing tip. She told me this was how they did it and the backfill tip was indeed thinner and already cut to shape.
I just wondered as I've been out of the game for so long is this how it's being done these days? Far be it for me to judge but it seems lazy and unprofessional and not all that hygeinic either as I now have a gap in between the two tips if I look at the nail end on.
Any comments would be great!
Thanks x

iv never heard of this before does it not feel thick and heavy then ?? thatl be 2 tips ??one on top of each other ?? lol never heard of that at all xx

No, that is not the way to rebalance the nails.

Yep, 2 tips! The nail itself looks fine until you see the underneath. I didn't want to question her at the time in case this was a normal method.
The funny thing is its a reputable salon, they use good products and appear to have been well trained but I've come away feeling really sceptical and definitely won't be returning. x

as you said LAZY! she probably couldn't be bothered to use white powder to do the tip.
Ive know someone do it before because she didn't like doing white because she wasn't v good at them and they wasn't smile lines they were wonky one! haha but i can see what u mean when u look at it from the top it was look very unpleasant! hmmm maybe you should ask next time for her to use white powder instead? x

My instinctive answer is, What a load of bull.
I will be interested to see how long this service lasts you and whether you develope greenies from it.
If you are not confident with your smiles then the way to rebalance with a tip is to;
Debulk, making sure that you bring the product down to the natural nail along the old tip and just behind it. bring side walls in, then clip of the old tip.
Place new tip on the exposed free edge and contiue service.
I've seen a couple of techs in the town center use this method, they seem to be very quick with it and the new nail does look good.
I also remember Gigi telling us how to do this if a client wanted to change the tip colour.
Personally, I feel that every file sweep is product in the bin so I prefer to use the usual method when a client wants the same nails repeating.

What a ridiculous method! It's just a cheapskate method. 2 tips with a gap inbetween?? I'm sure it looks good from the top as it will have a perfect smile but from all other angles? What is going to get trapped between the tips? What about the 'balance'? All that weight on the free edge!

This is a good example of people cutting corners probably due to lack of skills. If a nail is done properly in the first place by a skilled technician a rebalance takes very little time.

i would go back and ask them to explain this method and why they have did it how much did they charge if you dont mind me asking thats your money they are taking xx

i would go back and ask them to explain this method and why they have did it how much did they charge if you dont mind me asking thats your money they are taking xx

And another question is, how is the rebalance to be done next time?
3 tips 4 tips:eek:

Completely lazy way of rebalancing -infact I've never heard of that in 8 years!
Not a professional method of rebalancing at all.

The old product should of been filed down in zone 1 to thin the area, and a minimal amount, depending on how thick they were in zone 2 & the usual filiing in zone 3, this would then allow the nails to be thin enough at zone 1 to apply the new whites in the correct position, and apply a smidge of product into zone 2 & the normal into zone 3. Iykwim
xx

My guess is she will do a soak off and say something along the lines of " you need a soak off every so many weeks"

How can you call yourself a nail tech if you can't rebalance the nail? This is the most performed service and is your bread and butter( well it is mine) I can't remember last full set I done ha ha .

And another question is, how is the rebalance to be done next time?
3 tips 4 tips:eek:
That's exactly what I was thinking....what about next rebalance?
Are you going to end up with 3 tips??

I would be removing them if they were on my fingers, just the thought of what yuck you will get in between these 2 tips makes my tummy turn.

My first thought was, Eeewwwee!!!
Then, this is the laziest thing I think I have ever heard of, let alone the health risks.

Either go back and ask them to remove them or remove them yourself and get them done somewhere that does nails correctly.
What did they charge you??
Was it cheap prices or expensive??

Hi girls, it's been a while since I've posted as I haven't practised nails for some time now. So this post is from a clients point of view.
I went along for infills yesterday and instead of applying more pink and white as I've always known in the past, they just applied another white tip on top of the existing tip. She told me this was how they did it and the backfill tip was indeed thinner and already cut to shape.
I just wondered as I've been out of the game for so long is this how it's being done these days? Far be it for me to judge but it seems lazy and unprofessional and not all that hygeinic either as I now have a gap in between the two tips if I look at the nail end on.
Any comments would be great!
Thanks x

I have never heard of this in my life, I think its terrible! Imagine what could lurk in that gap? :eek:

If it were me I would be having these sorted out straight away for fear of infection and the like.

Latest posts

Back