Valentine's and mistresses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Affairs happen, fact.
Is it wrong, yes.
Would I want people to think this is acceptable behaviour, by promoting packages towards mistresses, no most definitely not.
Simply wrong to even go there, but I guess everyone is different.

Branding your salon as the place what accepts infedelity and cheating....errr no!

My oh my I'm shocked how few read the full thread, I was asking as it was something that popped into my head, not that it is something that's being put in motion. Xoxo

goes to show character, m'lud...

I don't think it does show character. It's wrong but some people do cheat. I think tomme was just thinking out loud.

Speaking as someone who has been cheated on. It's soul destroying :sad:

I wouldn't want this treatment & wouldn't think highly of anyone offering it.

I know you are thinking out load, I am too :hug:

Vicki x

I'm saddened that this thread has gone this way.
Tomme clearly wasn't promoting infidelity but clearly pointing out a profitable niche in the market.
I don't think the idea was to offer a wife and ho package, or buy one get one free! But more if a discreet version for the idiot man who wants to spend his money.

I thought the vajazzle vs chin wax post was hilarious and made me crease!

I am totally against cheating in any shape or form and wouldn't be able to help my reaction if I knew the client in my chair was a mistress!

Doesn't mean I'm not prepared to rinse the idiot of his money though!
(I might even use the profit to send his wife some flowers anonymously, that'll put the wind up him lol)

No, don't think this one would work Tomme. You may need to think of something else :smack:

I'm saddened that this thread has gone this way.
Tomme clearly wasn't promoting infidelity but clearly pointing out a profitable niche in the market.
I don't think the idea was to offer a wife and ho package, or buy one get one free! But more if a discreet version for the idiot man who wants to spend his money.

I thought the vajazzle vs chin wax post was hilarious and made me crease!

I am totally against cheating in any shape or form and wouldn't be able to help my reaction if I knew the client in my chair was a mistress!

Doesn't mean I'm not prepared to rinse the idiot of his money though!
(I might even use the profit to send his wife some flowers anonymously, that'll put the wind up him lol)

Sending flowers to the wife anonymously... brilliant idea :lol:

Having kept up with this thread people have said about this idea possibly being a niche- I guess I don't like the whole notion of the idea because it's quite exploitative.

I also don't wish to know the ins and outs of a clients personal circumstances. It's not for me to judge others and I simply don't wish to know.

To me it does not make good business sense to drive business away from yourself- especially as Valentines is one day of the year, what happens to the other 364 days of the year? People vote with their feet and you could find that you upset and offend more people than would take you up on the mistress package.

As a consumer, I'd think it quite desperate if I'm honest. I would spend my money elsewhere for sure.

I am going to start offering ones like the above, they will be available for anyone to buy. I don't judge my clients lifestyle choices ... It's their life, I just provide the service.

I couldn't do a package like this and I couldn't go to a salon that offered something like this.
I had someone into me a while back for waxing, a Vajazzle and a spray tan. She did say she was going away for the weekend and said she was seeing someone in secret but thought nothing of it. Anyway the next time she came in she said it had all came out who she was seeing. She had lost her job (she worked for some of his family) and she said she was really upset but She still got a spray tan and Vajazzle. Later that week I had his sister in law in and she was telling me what had happened and his wife and kids were so upset. I felt really uncomfortable. I couldn't take that girl back. I know I shouldn't judge but I don't want someone like that as a client.
I've never cheated or been cheated on but I think it's so wrong!
I know Tomme was just thinking out loud, good idea but just too crazy! Lol!

You could call it the 'win win' voucher. Book the wife or husband a 2hr treatment leaving you time to erm spend time doing other things! I'm joking of course!

I couldn't do a package like this and I couldn't go to a salon that offered something like this.
I had someone into me a while back for waxing, a Vajazzle and a spray tan. She did say she was going away for the weekend and said she was seeing someone in secret but thought nothing of it. Anyway the next time she came in she said it had all came out who she was seeing. She had lost her job (she worked for some of his family) and she said she was really upset but She still got a spray tan and Vajazzle. Later that week I had his sister in law in and she was telling me what had happened and his wife and kids were so upset. I felt really uncomfortable. I couldn't take that girl back. I know I shouldn't judge but I don't want someone like that as a client.
I've never cheated or been cheated on but I think it's so wrong!
I know Tomme was just thinking out loud, good idea but just too crazy! Lol!

I live in a small village, everyone knows everyone else. I know everyone's dirty laundry as they all come in and tell me their problems and being such a small village it's always going to involve another client.
If I judged my clients based on what they told me I'd have no clients at all!!
People tell me stuff...it goes in one ear out the other. No one wants my opinion, they just need a shoulder, or an ear.
It's a bit of a running joke that I'm counsellor first, nail tech second!

Yes I have views on what I'm told, but I keep then to myself and move on.
Client confidentiality is key.
I posted a thread a few days ago about my little girl getting bullied at school and I had the bullies mum come in to get her nails done.
I wanted to wring her neck but I kept my calm, stayed quiet and carried on.

As I said earlier, I have no tolerance for cheaters but its not our place to judge.

There will never be a sign on the door saying "cheaters welcome!"
But cheaters will come and ask to get waxed, and that's exactly what I'll do.

How people conduct themselves is nothing to do with us, would you not treat someone on religious grounds? Because they left their kids with grandparents and partied all weekend? Because they smoke and your mums got breast cancer? We can't pick and choose our clients on the basis of morality. We aren't doing this as a hobby it's our income.

Well I wasn't comfortable with that girl and although I've never repeated it I don't want her as a client. It actually makes me sick I did that treatments for her for her dirty weekend and his poor wife and kids at home. I don't want her in my home. That's how I feel and that's it.

Wow! It's amazing how a topic has completely spiralled.

I think it is now completely off topic.

I'm 100% positive Tomme meant nothing that has suggested/implied. I feel bad for Tomme, I too have opened a can of worms when I was nearly thinking out loud. I have learnt to keep my mouth shut lol

Xx

Oh and I don't think anything about Tomme asking what we thought about it. It was a good idea but not for me that's all.
I'm not getting annoyed or anything about it. It's just how I feel. It's a good discussion.

Tomme you always make me have a little chuckle :cool:

Latest posts

Back