Valentine's and mistresses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone do a package that would be a bit too expensive for most aimed at people's mistress?
I know its wrong and they shouldn't be having an affair, but hey, some treat their secret like a princess and spend more on them than their wife. Have any of you tailored a package to someone with a wife to give their girlfriend? And would it work? Xoxo

Regardless of the very dubious notion of pitching vouchers/packages for mistresses, who can sit in judgement as to what is a 'bit too expensive'? That in itself is a dubious thought & no-one should make assumptions on what people will spend on their loved ones!

If you want to cheapen your salon, then go ahead. Very unprofessional.

Surely every lady wants to be treated like a princess? Maybe focus on that, instead of the 'mistress' angle?

I agree with the above statement, if I saw this advertised I'd be horrified, at the thought that it is actually encouraging infidelity, degrading women & cheapening business, I'd be inclined to go in to give the owner a piece of my mind...but not a chunk of my wages unfortunately - & I'm by no means a crazy feminist hah. It's very old fashioned albeit an interesting point of view. Plus, there's nothing that I hate more than a cheat, along with thousands of other women & if the girlfriends/wives of those who have bought mistress packages from your salon find out....hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, remember that! It could easily put you out of business.

None of what I said was aimed at your personally Tomme :) x

Well I have just added a £200 Spa Pampering Package to my home salon menu - discretion assured.

Told you are going to a facial / massage and get this instead. Heavenly!

Fozzyo would you mind telling us if you have had anyone book this??

I know business is business BUT....

my friend was devastated when her low life, cheating, b*****d of a husband left her for his 'mistress' so if I thought a man was buying a voucher for a 'mistress' I would tell him to sod off and show him the door.

I could go on a rant here but suffice it to say I wouldn't advertise like this , tongue in cheek or not.

and that idea of the 'let herself go' wife at home versus the 'sex kitten' mistress drives me mad. Bit of female solidarity wouldn't go amiss.

Fozzyo would you mind telling us if you have had anyone book this??

Not yet ... But then I only put that on the website about fifteen minutes before the thread.

This was just an idea for promoting vouchers, but I'm going to make a real thing about it. It's marketing so doesn't cost me anything but think about the word of mouth from anyone who recieves it. And I would love to help someone feel that special!

Ohh please let us know if you get any booking!! Would be great for husbands to buy there WIVES lol but with a £200 price tag does the husband love his wive that much!! Hahhaha ;)

Fozzyo, I've had a nosey at your website and I soooo wish you were located near me, your whole concept sounds amazing and makes me feel all chilled even just reading it!

Well I have just added a £200 Spa Pampering Package to my home salon menu - discretion assured.

Told you are going to a facial / massage and get this instead. Heavenly!

I want this!!! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I am with the majority of posters above.

"Business is business" That does make any sense, possibly satisfying one client with a seedy package such as this may well drive a whole lot of people away. I know I for one would not choose to go into a salon that looked to be encouraging infidelity. We all know it happens, to you, for some you may have been the one to stray but to have the whole notion promoted as a business gain is pretty low.

Could you imagine having to sell to a husband of one of your clients knowing it was for someone else? If the husband/partner was that stupid or ignorant. Could you live with looking the wife/girlfriend in the eye? I couldnt.

Besides that I'd like to think that even if a man was straying he wouldnt be arrogant enough to purchase a package which have him away as doing so.

On a much lighter note I am with JenBella I have nosed at your website several times before Fozzyo and its fabulous, incorporates everything a beauty treatment should be, relaxing and professional.

What if you're busy promoting your "mistress" package and one if your lovely regulars has just found out or suspects her hubby is playing away. Not exactly showing love for the sisterhood!

Lol have to laugh at the replys, and how many took it as serious, it was just a notion that passed through my mind on my break after reading a newspaper page my friend sent me a link to about a woman who only spends time with married men (no sex, but will go on dates and to doo's), the men spend so much money getting her new clothes for the event and having her hair done etc... That I though of this.

Xoxo

Lol. I am gullible. There are websites now for married people to play away and other sites which help them conceal their affairs, so nothing surprises me nowadays! Xxx

Lol. I am gullible. There are websites now for married people to play away and other sites which help them conceal their affairs, so nothing surprises me nowadays! Xxx

Lol, I know, just a shame there isn't a way we could harness the wrong doings and turn it into profit xoxo

Lol, I know, just a shame there isn't a way we could harness the wrong doings and turn it into profit xoxo

Gosh, do you really want to profit from other people's wrongdoings in this way? I think there are less morally questionable ways to increase our profits to be honest.

And as for assuming that some people are less able to afford some packages than others I would suggest that we shouldn't close our clients' purses before they've even opened them!

I don't think that any professional salon should promote offers that are controversial. You have to keep all your customers happy. Why not offer just different packages for valentines in general. If you look at valentine cards they have one not only for your other half but for kids, friends and pets! Purely from a business view and not a moral one it is better to let the client interpret whom their valentine package is for (the pet one excluded lol!).

Latest posts

Back