Very rude client. Don't know what to do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeLouise

Reaction score
Just purchased THE book!
Can't wait for it to be delivered!

On another note....
I did a woman's gel nail about a week ago. The went perfect, no problems.
The next day she sent me a text saying one of the nails had a chip and asked if I would go and repair it. I said of course I would but couldn't that day as I was laid in bed I'll (had cancelled all my nail appointments for that day)
2 days later when I was feeling better, I tried ringing her to organise to go and fix her nail, no answer after several tries throughout the day.
Well...... This morning I receive a very rude text of the woman stating that shed pulled all of her nails off as it looked 'odd' with one chipped one.
Since this text, she has got more rude and more aggressive, either demanding I go and put a new set on for her or refund her money. She's called me every name under the sun in these texts and throughout I've remained calm and professional.
Am I in the wrong here for refusing? She pulled all the nails off herself.

This has got me really upset and I'm worried that she's going to put a bad word out about me.

What should I do?!? Please help me Geeks x

Hi well she is clearly deluded ridiculous in fact I wouldn't do her a new set for nothing and I certainly wouldn't gv her a refund it makes it worse that it was a chip aswel ur completely in the right she took her nails off herself that isn't ur problem at the end of the day u could have repaired one nail not all of them as she took um off I would say u would do her nails again for her and she will have to pay for them but to be honest I wouldn't do her nails and coz if she's being abusive then steer clear as for the bad rep dont worry about it coz she dosnt know every body and if she tell people that story then they would probably think the same as u and I she took the nails off so it's her fault xxxxx

Don't panic!
We've all been there with rude clients!
I'm quite sleepy so will be a pain and reply like this-

1. do you really care about keeping her happy? She's unlikely to refer you to any friends
2. Would you really want this woman as a future client?

Don't refund ANYTHING unless you have seen the problem yourself!
For all you know she could of been going out that night, had her nails done now wants to try it on and see if she can get a freebie!
Calmly explain as you never saw the problem unfortunately there is now nothing you can do.

If you DO want her as a client maybe offer her a little % off next time.
But I think that's being too fair aswell.

Me personally?
Id call her as a lot of people say things over text they'd never say face-face or over text.
And I'd say firstly there is no need to be so rude with me. Unfortunately now you have removed all the nails I have been unable to see the original problem and there is now nothing I can do.

xx

This is a difficult one because you were not able to see the client's nails within a reasonable time. This was not actually the clients fault. Obviously you cannot help being ill, but the three day wait for her was probably unacceptable.

Just trying to see her point of view :hug:.

Having said all that, she has no right to be rude to you (I would never put up with that), and the fact that she removed the nails herself now makes a refund impossible.

If you really want her as a client you could offer a goodwill discount, but I would let her go, she doesn't sound worth it.

Quite simply, do not refund, do not retaliate either.

simply text her back and tell her that as she pulled all of the nails off, there is nothing you can do re giving a refund etc and that due to her unreasonable and abusive correspondance you are unwilling to have any further contact with her (unless you really want this person as a client!!!?)
You tried to contact her to rectify the situation and she didn't even give you a chance to make amends.

You do not have to take verbal abuse from someone simply because they are a client, nor would you want to have this type of client full stop! X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I definitely don't want this woman back as a client, when I went to her house, she was really intimidating.
I don't live in a very nice city and there are a few not so nice people. When I was doing her nails she was sat drinking a can of super strength lager.. Considering it was 10am on a Tueaday, I thought it was a bit much.
The actual complaint she had in the first place was a small piece of gel had chipped off the top corner on the tip so was obviously not noticeable.
I know, I was ill, but I did contact her in good time and when I tried contacting her there was no reply.
She's had me in tears with the things she's been calling me, she was getting very personal with her insults. Horrible woman.
And I dont like bad mouthing clients, ever! But she's unreal!
xxx

Hmmm if thats the case then hon, I would write it off and put it down to experience.

Even if she was really unnhappy with her nails, that is still no excuse for open season on name calling.

Its sad when situations like this arise, but its not worth any more of your time. There will always be difficult clients, but 99.9% of the time problems can be resolved without having to black ball anyone.

X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your replies... Feel better already x

The situation does sound awful now you've explained. She certainly sounds like the type of client you can do without. Just forget about her, keep the texts and move on.

It sounds as if she is not the type of person who could do any damage to your business with bad mouthing. The type of circles she probably moves in are unlikely to contain clients you want :green:

Chin up hun :hug:

I was thinking the same juicylucy. Usually someone who behaves so poorly as this quite possibly behaves this way on a regular basis. I'm sure what she has to say doesn't have any clout. Save the texts for sure. She may be a total nut ball and you may need them for future reference. Drop her like a bad habit! :)

I definitely don't want this woman back as a client, when I went to her house, she was really intimidating.
I don't live in a very nice city and there are a few not so nice people. When I was doing her nails she was sat drinking a can of super strength lager.. Considering it was 10am on a Tueaday, I thought it was a bit much.
The actual complaint she had in the first place was a small piece of gel had chipped off the top corner on the tip so was obviously not noticeable.
I know, I was ill, but I did contact her in good time and when I tried contacting her there was no reply.
She's had me in tears with the things she's been calling me, she was getting very personal with her insults. Horrible woman.
And I dont like bad mouthing clients, ever! But she's unreal!
xxx

I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with a difficult client. But..Sorry, but it's not fair to call Hull not a nice city! There are 'not so nice people' everywhere, as you will see by reading difficulties with rude clients here on the Geek forum. There are lots of nice areas in Hull, so maybe you could promote your business there, but unfortunately just because folk have money and drink sherry at 6pm in the evening doesn't mean that they will be any 'nicer'! It's just a different kind of problem.

I'm sorry but this client has an alcohol problem.

Drinking alcohol at 10am is one indication of this, and drinking super-strength alcohol of any kind at any time is another indication.

It's an illness but very unpleasant to have to deal with. Many drinkers have significant mood swings and may be particularly unpleasant if they need a drink OR if they've had one, so it's hard to know when a good time for communication would be...

Don't take her insults personally. She's irrational and there's nothing you can do about it. I would completely blank her. She will get bored and leave you alone in due course.

Unfortunately you can't block texts, but you could delete them without reading them.

Block her number my darling that is the best thing you can do in this situation. At least she didn't come into a salon to you! :green:

On another note....
I did a woman's gel nail about a week ago. The went perfect, no problems.
The next day she sent me a text saying one of the nails had a chip and asked if I would go and repair it. I said of course I would but couldn't that day as I was laid in bed I'll (had cancelled all my nail appointments for that day)
2 days later when I was feeling better, I tried ringing her to organise to go and fix her nail, no answer after several tries throughout the day.
Well...... This morning I receive a very rude text of the woman stating that shed pulled all of her nails off as it looked 'odd' with one chipped one.
Since this text, she has got more rude and more aggressive, either demanding I go and put a new set on for her or refund her money. She's called me every name under the sun in these texts and throughout I've remained calm and professional.
Am I in the wrong here for refusing? She pulled all the nails off herself.

This has got me really upset and I'm worried that she's going to put a bad word out about me.

What should I do?!? Please help me Geeks x

She ripped them off, so NO, no free set.
Absolutely NOT.

I'm waiting to hear from a self-confessed biter myself.
She left me an aggressive FB message about lifting issues within 72hrs (VERY ODD...) so i said "certainly, by all means, please contact me Tuesday morning to schedule a Free rebalance. But, please do not pick them off (as people are often tempted to do) because I won't be able to trouble-shoot without seeing them".
I haven't heard from her yet, it'll be 9am in 5min.
But if it turns out that they are 'off'... no freebie for her.
I'm willing to repair if I goofed, BUT no way am I doing it if the nails were canabalized.
We shall wait and see.

Latest posts

Back