Very Sensitive Skin...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice.

I have black skin, I am 24. It is highly sensitive around the the corners of the nose and cheek areas. My skin has been like this for as long as I cam remember. I have regular facials at work and the girls all say how beautiful my skin is...it looks clear and fresh but feels dry and tight. I currently use Dermalogica products....Ultra calming cleanser, Daily Microfoliant (not used daily), Soothing Protection spray, Multi vitamin Power recovery Masque and Skin Smoothing cream. All of which were recommended to me by the girls at work??? I find I get a sting over the above mentioned areas. I find this with any products I use. I have tried the more expensive and so I was wandering if anyone could suggest something else.

Cheers in advance xxxx

I too have very sensitive skin and am even allergic to Simple products and almost every sun lotion, apart from RoC (which is now discontinued for distribution in the UK). :irked:

I'm now using items from the Clinique range, which are hypo-allergenic and dermatoligically tested, but I find the toner stings for a while after application, although the cleanser, moisturiser and make-up items are fine.

I shall be watching the replies to this thread with eager anticipation.

I have had sensitive skin for as long as I can remember and have found relief with the Eve Taylor range.

It isn't terribly expensive either.

Have you tried any of the boosters? perhaps you also need to try the intensive moistureizer instead of the skin smoothing cream if you are still feeling tight and dry. The soothing booster would be good to apply to the areas you have mentioned. It's hard to really give good advice without seeing your skin.

That being said, I don't really recommend trying something such as Clinique. It is full of alcohol and fillers, and contains very harsh detergent ingredients. I see more people with problem skin on this stuff then any other skin care product on the market.

I don't really recommend trying something such as Clinique. It is full of alcohol and fillers, and contains very harsh detergent ingredients.

I had no idea about this ... thanks for the info.

Yes, I second Anita regards Clinique.....it really is not your skin's best friend.

I find some people's skin (mine included) reacts when it is 'fiddled' with too much. Over-cleansed, over-toned, over-exfoliated....this is what pees skin right off. I'm sure you've all heard that skin is the largest organ (well, the organ with the largest area) of the body, and the body gets along exceptionally well if it is left to it's own devices! I'm sure some people forget that the skin can actually look after itself....and if it were never cleansed/toned/mositurised/exfoliated/steamed/lanced/microderma-brased/peeled/lifted ever again, it would actually be absolutely fine....if not in better nick!Obviously, this wouldn't do much in the way of socially conforming, though.

Is your diet good? Plenty of Vit C and E? Essential fatty acids? Protein? Give us an idea of what you usually eat....

I keep my skincare regime to the most simplistic possible; I take my makeup off with extra virgin olive oil, I wash my face no more than twice a day with Coalface from Lush, I moisturise with Bio Oil, I exfoliate manually with a face cloth and chemically with pineapple. If I need to cleanse my face throughout the day (if it gets dirty, say, grooming horses) I use a weak saline solution. As Bio Oil can be tricky to wear under makeup, I use Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream before makeup, rather than Bio Oil.

Is there any chance that your working environment is further drying and tightening the skin? Are you doing any/alot of acrylic which you are possibly inhaling, or in a room with air con/alot of heating. In this case a hydrating booster would probably help, as well as spritzing some soothing protection spray on your face throughout the day.
Definately avoid clinique (jmho).
:)

Thanks Guys. I have tried Eve Taylor and found I still had a bit of a sting with that also. I will definately try the Booster Anita. xx

try the dermalogica barrier repiar and the soothing booster hun
hthxx

Um this might seem a little biased but the Moor Spa range is very gentle and good on sensitive skin types.

Clinic tests showed that the majority of the moisturisers in the range were less irritant than water (the negative control).

We will be extending our sachet range next month so it might be an ideal time to try some of the range.

Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

Is Moorspa available Wholesale to Salons Jo? Is it available in the States?

Hi Sophiea

Moor Spa is available wholesale to salons. We offer facial treatment, body treatment, retailing packages and tester packages for salons. There is no minimum order with us. Our tester package (£88 for 17 products) is quite popular with salons and therapists as a cost effective method to try the range as we refund the cost of it if one of the other packages is purchased. However we do get a little grumpy if people just always buy the testers on a ongoing basis.

The facial range is based on the 'cleanse, tone, massage, mask and moisturise' routine to enable qualified therapists the ability to pick up using the brand quickly and easily. We do understand that demanding everyone has training takes valuable time in which you can be seeing clients. This is not to say that we can not offer product training or product orientation, we just let you choose.

At the moment we do not have a formal distributor in the States. However we are looking for a suitable company to take on that role, and as I said in a previous post we do care about the way we do business so it is a challenge to find the right person.

Regards
Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

my nvq college tutor told us to steer WELL CLEAR of the clinique toner/exfoliator as years ago it would even REMOVE NAIL POLISH it was that harsh:twisted:

What about some good old solar oil lightly applied as your moisturiser??

I have really good skin (hey you cant be THIN AND have good skin he he) and my facial routine consists of....

splash with cold water in the morning and apply a dab of solar oil.
Once a week exfoliate with nimue (which is fantastic)

Call me a minger if you want but it works for me.

Oh i should add - i very rarely ever wear make-up im sure this has something to do with it too !!

amb x

my nvq college tutor told us to steer WELL CLEAR of the clinique toner/exfoliator as years ago it would even REMOVE NAIL POLISH it was that harsh

Oh gawd ... am frightened to put anything on my face now, but will give Solar Oil a try :Scared:

I almost instantaneously experience a horrid itchy reaction to anything which my skin dislikes and have to wash immediately to get rid of the irritation and cool my skin down.

I rarely wear make-up because of these allergies .... hellllllllllllllllllllllp!

Thanks for the links Weezie ... it's only in recent years that I've started to suffer from these allergies, it could perhaps be environmental changes ... my diet is virtually the same.

Someone mentioned Environ products to me a while ago, explaining that they are all natural products. Have you heard of them?

Very interesting, thanks Theresa.

Now, of course, I'm going to get very confused with which products to try first though ... plus it's going to no doubt cost me a tidy sum :confused: :wink2:

For sensitive skin I always reccommend Decleors Arromessence Rose d'orient.

Its gorgeous, I don't have sensitive skin but I have seen excellent results with it.

I don't know a lot about Environ but I do know that stockists of Collin can give you samples of calmo-derme to try. Why don't you find salons that stock these montioned products and pick up samples or even contact the companies direct for samples before spending the money. :hug:

Latest posts

Back