Vibro Gym/plate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjs

Reaction score
Good morning, just a quickie, does anyone have a vibro gym (10 min workout) installed in thier salon...if so is it a profitable sideline?? I have a space in a salon I'm taking over and just wondered if it would be worth investing in one.

The salon up the road from me has one and they are really busy with it. If I had the space, I'd get one too. xx

I'm thinking about it...there is a company that rents them out for £50 for 4 weeks, emailed them about it cos that would be good if we could get it but would you want it in a seperate room or just in a corner of the beauty room or what? x

I had one in my salon before i closed it and it is very profitable it was a commercial Bodyaction machine from slim images , i still have it as i want to sell it now pm me for more information if you are interested.

I'm thinking about it...there is a company that rents them out for £50 for 4 weeks, emailed them about it cos that would be good if we could get it but would you want it in a seperate room or just in a corner of the beauty room or what? x

I wouldn't put it in your beauty room babes. You want to be making money off the machine whilst your therapist is making you money doing treatments. If you had another room or a discreet cornered-off area, think it would be better. xxx

The machines can be pretty noisy though so if you do lots of relaxing treatments in the salon, would the noise of the machine put existing clients off?

How much would you charge per session of 10 minutes?
Would you just show the client how it works the first time the leave them to it all the times thereafter?
Would someone have to oversee what the clients are doing, incase they were doing something wrong?

The machines can be pretty noisy though so if you do lots of relaxing treatments in the salon, would the noise of the machine put existing clients off?

Absolutely should check out noise/vibration. I was renting a room above a vibration studio in a gym and could feel the vibration coming through my floor. In addition people working out on the machine would like loud upbeat music.

Think very carefully before in investing in anything like this. As said you have the noise / vibration issues to deal with, but also is it just a fad at the moment that next year everyone will move on from and you're left with a very expensive step?

Use Google and research their benefits fully ... don't listen to just the marketing. This is quite an interesting read on the machines.

For me I remember the very old footage of people standing there with a big rubber band around their waist being shaken up, people looked back at this and laughed at what a daft idea it was. And now all of a sudden because its modern technology its ok?

To my mind this is like those Detox Foot baths ... no real place in beauty salon's / spa's. The vibrating plates may be of a benefit to serious athletes, but then they would use one at a gym and not come to a salon.

Mat

i do wonder how good they are, i went on one a couple of times. and my vision was well, shaken up....everything turned blue!!!! lol :eek:

i do wonder how good they are, i went on one a couple of times. and my vision was well, shaken up....everything turned blue!!!! lol :eek:

My nose got really itchy but nothing ever went blue!

Hi, we too have a machine and from my point of view if it is being used very regularly it is brilliant. When i went on daily I saw a massive improvement in my cellulite.
From a business point of view it has never really taken off so we are considering getting rid of it. It is also a tad noisy as people have already mentioned. hth. xx

I was also interested in these plates but wondered about the insurance needed?

Think very carefully before in investing in anything like this. As said you have the noise / vibration issues to deal with, but also is it just a fad at the moment that next year everyone will move on from and you're left with a very expensive step?

Use Google and research their benefits fully ... don't listen to just the marketing. This is quite an interesting read on the machines.

For me I remember the very old footage of people standing there with a big rubber band around their waist being shaken up, people looked back at this and laughed at what a daft idea it was. And now all of a sudden because its modern technology its ok?

To my mind this is like those Detox Foot baths ... no real place in beauty salon's / spa's. The vibrating plates may be of a benefit to serious athletes, but then they would use one at a gym and not come to a salon.

Mat

If you get a cheap vibration plate you will have unbelievable noise throughout the salon AND you will feel pukey when you use it AND you will see stars as you are shaken all over the place! Don't go cheap! You get what you pay for and my Power Plate Pro5 Air machine paid for itself in 4 months. It's already quiet but you can also have a power shield underneath to deaden the noise even more.

If you get anything else you will be saying "Yes, it's just like a Power Plate" and it will not sell itself. Power Plate is in the media all the time so people know the name and will seek you out. Think of the VW Golf ads now and that it what it will be like if you get a knock off. I just hung the banner for the plate in the window and someone walked in and booked on the day it was delivered. Other people locally have cheaper versions and it makes great business for me because they then seek out the best.

Vibration training is not a fad - it has just become more accessible in recent years. The Russian Cosmonauts used vibration training as a way to increase bone density and muscle mass before going into space in the 1960s! If it was a fad the Royal Ballet wouldn't use them. If it was a fad half the football clubs and gyms in the country wouldn't have made the investment. Check out the Power Plate website and you can see a list of some of their clients.

I have seen amazing results from my machine and I am buying two more and opening a dedicated training studio next month right next door to my current salon.

Try before you buy - find someone near you with a proper Power Plate and book some sessions. People see results in just a few sessions and I've got one client with osteoporosis who is now 2 inches taller than she was last year because the Power Plate has helped her strengthen her core and straighten up. It is fabulous when used correctly with proper training and instruction.

Sorry about that - needed to offload.

Jan
x

i too have a Powerplate studio and its heads above the rest. 10 mins does nothing really and we also have a powerplate trainer on at all times so no one is on alone. The vibration should not go into your head, if it does then you are doing it wrong and it will drive customers away.
its certainly profitable but make sure you get a good one. :biggrin:

If the salon that I go to (as a client) had one, I'd use it once to try it out, as I'm "try anything once" type person - but I'm not sure I'd keep going back just to use it. I go to my salon to be waxed, massaged, pampered and have a good old moan about the annoying things in my life to the therapist (sorry hun!) - exercising is for the gym in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back