Vitagel by Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It says on the Gelish website that you don't need to Tazy. Just wipe off inhibition layer and you're good.

I just did 'Recovery' on my nails last night, will let you all know in a few weeks how it lasts and what my opinions are on it!

So...i've had Vitagel 'recovery' on since the 16th now with 'Deep Sea' over top. My nails are super short right now because I am trying to naturally grow them without an l&p overlay and I must say they're doing really well!! I haven't had any of the chipping or peeling that others have experienced and there doesnt' look to be any signs of chipping or peeling. I normally would have removed it by now and reapplied because I get bored but I'm going to leave them until next Wednesday (which will put me at 14 days). So far, i'm loving it!

I just love Vitagel Strength. Not only are my problem clients no longer having problems, but removal is so much easier. It has got me thinking why not apply it to everyone instead of Foundation? Has anyone tried it with just one coat under normal Gelish on normal nails?

Hi JuicyLucy, I have strength on my nails at the moment, I did them last night with just one coat and then applied colour (black shadow) with some nail art on top, then TIO. Will let you know how they last and what it's like to remove... long as I can find this post again :) x
p.s thank you shannon for replying above xx

Hi JuicyLucy, I have strength on my nails at the moment, I did them last night with just one coat and then applied colour (black shadow) with some nail art on top, then TIO. Will let you know how they last and what it's like to remove... long as I can find this post again :) x
p.s thank you shannon for replying above xx

Thanks TazyFizzle, I would be interested to hear your results. I might try it on my nails tonight too.

Used strength after a few extension removals and people love it! It's amazing stuff. It makes the nail look smooth and shiny. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. I will be keeping this on hand for sure.

Hi ladies, just wanted to share a little update on how i've found vitagel. I removed my sister's last night (she also had colour over the top) and they'd been on for 2 weeks. Admittedly some had chipped, but this is the norm with my sister's nails, hence using recovery to try and get them in better condition and then eventually swapping her to 'strength'.
Anyway, the recovery came off beautifully!!! I was amazed at how well it came away, you could literally blow it off!! lol and some even came away in the wrap as I removed it! :)
JuicyLucy - I have had one coat of strength on under colour for 5 days now and all fine... I will probably take them off after 2 weeks so will let you know how I get on :)

JuicyLucy - I have had one coat of strength on under colour for 5 days now and all fine... I will probably take them off after 2 weeks so will let you know how I get on :)

I've also had one coat of Strength under my own nails for 5 days now. No problems so far. I contacted Harmony and asked about this, they said they couldn't see any problems but thought it might not be worth it if it made a normal strong nail thicker. I don't think my nails look any thicker really and I just want to see if it makes removal quicker because two coats certainly does.

I am just loving this stuff, its a dream.

Me too :) was so pleased with how fast (10-12 mins) it came off, all of it! No stubborn bits at all. Wish the normal foundation was this easy to remove! I do struggle with removal sometimes... even though I have used Harmony remover (now using d-solve as lots of people have said it's great), have tried lint wipes, tiny bits of cotton wool, now using round cotton pads cut into 4 equal sized pieces and tinfoil. saturate the cotton, wrap, heat mits, 15 mins later... still doesn't come away as effortlessly as the vitagel gel does :)

I would really recommend hair dressers foil. You can wrap it quite tight and it's thick. Also when using cotton, break the ball into at least 3 or 4 pieces. My removals take max 15 minutes but typically take 10 and I don't even have to use a orange wood stick to push any off. It's all removed onto the cotton.

Thank you Shannon, I will definitely try the hairdressers' foil! And go back to the cotton balls as well... will let you know how I get on! Thanks again :)

You're very welcome, hun! Good luck!

When I switched to using the hair dressers foils it was like night and day. My client and I both looked at each other shocked when I removed the foils and the nail plates were completely gelish free! lol. I couldn't stop smiling! I was so happy I tried it!

Haha thats funny, I had exactly the same reaction when I took my sister's off last night, was grinning from ear to ear! :) then I remebered it was vitagel underneath but still pleased... fingers crossed I get the same result using the new foil! :)

Tazy-just removed mine today and this picture is immediately after I took off the wrap.

Didn't need a orange wood stick once! (The white on my nail is just strings of cotton.. I have no damage on my nails at all)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359498916.628948.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359498916.628948.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 426
That's great Shannon :) I am removing a set tonight so will hopefully achieve the same result! Thanks again for all your help hun! :)

What a good result, went into sally's today for there VAT free day and there now stocking Vitagel, I'm thinking of incorporating into my gelish price as a free trial with my gelish clients to begin with, then if they like it and want to continue add an extra £2 as an addon service as its quite alot more expensive than the foundation base, do you guys charge extra?

Haha thats funny, I had exactly the same reaction when I took my sister's off last night, was grinning from ear to ear! :) then I remebered it was vitagel underneath but still pleased... fingers crossed I get the same result using the new foil! :)

If you use Vitagel Strength on its own, do you need TIO? x

Thank you, do you use 2 coats? x

Sorry just re read post lol x

Latest posts

Back