Vitagel by Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i use it the same was as I would use foundation.

Oops I done a set and didn't dry brush :-/ is it likely to peel off, it's been 4 days so far and haven't heard? I did tell her to let me know if he had any problems as its new? X

Hi ladies, just wondered what the actual vitagel product looks like inside the bottle? I've recieved mine today and it seems really gloopy!? Is that normal? It isn't clear and smooth like the normal foundation.
Many thanks :)

Sorry, I should have said it's the recovery vitagel! I haven't bought the strength one yet x

I just bought 'Recovery' today too and it is thick and almost looks like there are some fibres in there as well. I think this is what it is supposed to look like! Can't wait to try it.

You described it much better than me :) that's exactly how mine is. Looking forward to trying it out too x

Just thought I would report that I am having brilliant success with Vitagel Strength. I am using it on 5 of my clients that usually, break or chip and all have been successful and better than two coats of TIO.

I apply two coats of Vitagel to the natural nail, dry wipe and then apply colour.

The other great thing is that removal is even easier than with normal foundation. A total thumbs up for this product from me.

I'm super excited to try it out! My store didn't have the 'strength', just 'recovery' but I think they're pretty similar anyway.

Just an update...I made a point of using the same colour backstage beauty a few times today, on both normal and vitagel bases....applied thin as possible and thicker. On the thin coats it wrinkled really badly but top coat seemed to smooth it over, on my own nails I applied it thicker over vintagel strength...it badly wrinkled and was still bumpy after a top coat....ive just literally wiped it off with my thumb :( it was as though it hadn't cured at all....the vintagel base is fine though :?::?:

Anyone else had a problem?

I think it may be the colour as I have had wrinkling with BB also. It's got to be super thin.

Hi ladies, just wondered what the actual vitagel product looks like inside the bottle? I've recieved mine today and it seems really gloopy!? Is that normal? It isn't clear and smooth like the normal foundation.
Many thanks :)

My Vitagel Strength looks a bit like wallpaper paste!

I got these at the launch and my clients are addicted. They wear it under shellac or Gelish and I have as they have noticed a difference in their nails. Strong and long. I need to order more! Love it

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how many coats to apply when using the Gelish Vitagel Recovery on its own on the natural nail?

Also, i know that Nail Harmony advise a course of 6 treatments but should that be weekly or 2 weekly?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My Vitagel Strength looks a bit like wallpaper paste!

Thanks juicylucy and shannon... Used it for the first time last night so will see how we go :) x

Am I right in thinking that this vitagel can replace foundation in a service?

Are the clients still getting the same amount of time from their Gelish or does it need reapplying sooner? x

Are the clients still getting the same amount of time from their Gelish or does it need reapplying sooner? x

I've only put it on those that usually chip due to weak nails and they have all had a full two weeks without chipping.

I am turn between structure and vitagel strength, I need something to help give strength and to protect from chipping/breaking as both my nails and one of 2 clients are weak, which do you think would be the best? x

Just a quick one ladies, if just using vitagel on its own... do you still use a tio coat to seal after or just two coats of vitagel and cleanse? thanks :) xx

Latest posts

Back