Vitagel by Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are they to soak off? Is it tricky like structure gel of just like foundation?

Ill be soaking them off Wednesday and left you know xx

Well I soaked them off I didn't see a difference but you are meant to do it as a six week treatment. The photo shows I removed the colour I was wearing and already prepped for my holiday nails xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352315566.253814.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352315566.253814.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 841
Well I soaked them off I didn't see a difference but you are meant to do it as a six week treatment. The photo shows I removed the colour I was wearing and already prepped for my holiday nails xx
Thanks for sharing. Was it easy enough to remove?

I found it the same as the foundation base I use heated mitts and took just under 15 minutes and lifted off the nail plate xx

Reading with interest! The Vitagel's not sounding very promising at the moment from what I hear? Any more views?

I have had the recovery on under the gelish color now for a week and it has done great. I did put two thin coats of the recovery and wiped the tacky layer off before I applied color. This is the first time using gelish and so far I am very happy with the staying power. Will be interested to see if nails feel stronger.

Just wondering what the verdict is on completion of the trial?
I am still,waiting on my clients return appointments before I remove, so couldn't comment on that.

As regards mybtrial on myself....well I am a bit stressed at the moment and I...well um....sort of ..well picked mine off
Strength came off clean and nails were perfect, but I hadn't prepped that hand properly, recovery didn't peel off quite so easily, so we should be able to spot if a client has done this
OK there's my admission, and the reason I didn't update on this thread ! :o

I now have Recovery on as base with Showstopping Gelish on top, and it is still absolutely perfect after a very busy week.

How are they to soak off? Is it tricky like structure gel of just like foundation?

Structure isn't difficult to soak off, I actually find my clients with structure on are the easiest removals ;)

I have now properly removed Gelish over Recovery on a client and my own nails(properly!) and it removes perfectly...like magic fish you know the little plastic fish that curls up I your hand lol!
Will try and attach pics but on my phone between
clients ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,138
I found it the same as the foundation base I use heated mitts and took just under 15 minutes and lifted off the nail plate xx

TLC Lisa, I have only just (as in from yesterday) realised how marvelous wheat mitts are! What a difference.

As regards mybtrial on myself....well I am a bit stressed at the moment and I...well um....sort of ..well picked mine off
Strength came off clean and nails were perfect, but I hadn't prepped that hand properly, recovery didn't peel off quite so easily, so we should be able to spot if a client has done this
Naughty! lol

Structure isn't difficult to soak off, I actually find my clients with structure on are the easiest removals ;)[/QUOTE]
I have found it quite tricky but maybe these lovely mitts will help. Do you use it under or over colour? Please.

I use Structure Gel over Foundation basecoat and under my colour coats.

TLC Lisa, I have only just (as in from yesterday) realised how marvelous wheat mitts are! What a difference.

Naughty! lol

Structure isn't difficult to soak off, I actually find my clients with structure on are the easiest removals ;)
I have found it quite tricky but maybe these lovely mitts will help. Do you use it under or over colour? Please.[/QUOTE]

Wheat mitts ??? ;-)

They are fab xx

I too use it over the foundation base 2 colour coats then TIO
HTH xx

I use Structure Gel over Foundation basecoat and under my colour coats.
Thanks. That is what I do too. :biggrin:

Wheat mitts ??? ;-)

Yes Wheat mitts. lol You heat them in a microwave. Thought that's what you meant by heated mitts. I gather you use electric ones then.:wink2:

I'll see if I get on better with structure gel with mitts. I read on the Gelish group that a few were using it over colour. I've never tried it. Was just curious if it was the way to go. And thank you. It was very helpful.

Last edited:
Hey,just a quick question on the new gelish vitagel..how much are people charging for this? Thank you in advance :) x

Just an update...I made a point of using the same colour backstage beauty a few times today, on both normal and vitagel bases....applied thin as possible and thicker. On the thin coats it wrinkled really badly but top coat seemed to smooth it over, on my own nails I applied it thicker over vintagel strength...it badly wrinkled and was still bumpy after a top coat....ive just literally wiped it off with my thumb :( it was as though it hadn't cured at all....the vintagel base is fine though :?::?:

Anyone else had a problem?

I had a problem too with Backstage Beauty - had to redo a full manicure. Application needs to be really, really thin before it will cure correctly.

I have tested the Strength on my mum on its own and under Gelish & both times it chipped or came off in one.
Ive now tested on another client under Gelish and again its chipped.
I dont know what im doing wrong.

I dislike vitagel I've used it as a base coat and alone it doesn't last me more than 3 days it comes right off clean.... I do use it in between classes so my nails have something on them so that's a plus that it comes off so easy but I wouldn't recommend it to a client in the future :(

Do you dry brush the vitagel before applying a colour? x

Latest posts

Back