Vitagel opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
I am still deciding whether to invest in the new Vitagel gels or just go for the new colours coming out for christmas. What are people's opinions on this please so far?

Any feedback would be massively appreciated! :lol:

I am still deciding whether to invest in the new Vitagel gels or just go for the new colours coming out for christmas. What are people's opinions on this please so far?

Any feedback would be massively appreciated! :lol:

Is no-one out there who can give me an opinion on this please? Really would like to know whether to go for it ... Thanks x

I think what you need to think is what would benefit you more ie can u see that the clients you have wanting vitagel or can you carry on with normal foundation gel get some Xmas colours then maybe invest in the vitagel after Xmas? X

It has only been out here in the UK for a couple of weeks.
I am still trialling it, and don't have any information to give regarding results, as I am still awaiting my clients to return and see how it has lasted, and it could take up to 6 weeks before any improvement to the nails will be seen.

So far I find it A bit trickier to apply due to it being a thicker viscosity and you need to check your capping as it shrinks back quite quickly I tend to check and redo the capping just before going into the lamp. When using it on its own I find it can peel off in one complete piece if you don't remove shine and thoroughly dehydrate the nail, especially the Strength.
That said I do think my own nails seem stronger and I have Recovery as my basecoat under my Gelish colour.

Maybe if you want more colours before Christmas then just get them and wait and see what the long term results will be for The Vitagels. So far I still prefer my Structure Gel,to give more strength to my clients nails, but I do like to have options and Vitagel gives me that.

There is also this thread running.....http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/199781-vitagel-gelish.html

Last edited:
It has only been out here in the UK for a couple of weeks.
I am still trialling it, and don't have any information to give regarding results, as I am still awaiting my clients to return and see how it has lasted, and it could take up to 6 weeks before any improvement to the nails will be seen.

So far I find it A bit trickier to apply due to it being a thicker viscosity and you need to check your capping as it shrinks back quite quickly I tend to check and redo the capping just before going into the lamp. When using it on its own I find it can peel off in one complete piece if you don't remove shine and thoroughly dehydrate the nail, especially the Strength.
That said I do think my own nails seem stronger and I have Recovery as my basecoat under my Gelish co

Maybe if you want more colours before Christmas then just get them and wait and see what the long term results will be for The Vitagels. So far I still prefer my Structure Gel,to give more strength to my clients nails, but I do like to have options and Vitagel gives me that.

There is also this thread running.....http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/199781-vitagel-gelish.html
Izzidoll, what is it like to remove? Is it easier than structure. Thanks x

I am still,waiting on my clients return appointments before I remove, so couldn't comment on that.

As regards me.......well I am a bit stressed at the moment and I...well um....sort of ..well picked mine off :o
Strength came off clean and nails were perfect, but I hadn't prepped that hand properly, recovery didn't peel off quite so easily, so we should be able to spot if a client has done this ;)
OK there's my admission, and the reason I didn't update on the other thread !

I now have Recovery on as base with Showstopping Gelish on top, and it is still perfect after a very busy week.

I am still,waiting on my clients return appointments before I remove, so couldn't comment on that.

As regards me.......well I am a bit stressed at the moment and I...well um....sort of ..well picked mine off :o
Strength came off clean and nails were perfect, but I hadn't prepped that hand properly, recovery didn't peel off quite so easily, so we should be able to spot if a client has done this ;)
OK there's my admission, and the reason I didn't update on the other thread !

I now have Recovery on as base with Showstopping Gelish on top, and it is still perfect after a very busy week.

:eek: naughty Izzy.

You'd never get me doing that...honestly :|

Did you believe me? :p

Thanks everyone - I think I will definitely wait until after Christmas before I contemplate Vitagel anymore - really want to get the new colours coming in for the party season! x

Latest posts

Back