Vote 4 your Fav 2005 Scratch cover!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Fox

Reaction score
Hi guys

It's that time of year again where I ask you to visit the Scratch website and tell me your favourite cover for 2005.

If you go to -

www.scratchmagazine.co.uk

...and then click on 'archives' you will see 12 covers under the 2005 banner

please choose your favourite and either...

post it on the Geek site or PM me, or email me on [email protected] (my home email address)

I will hold this open until 31st October to be published in the December issue.

Anyone can vote - techs, distributors, manufacturers, employees of any nail-related company and those that just love the nail industry!

Please just vote...

...and I can assure you it will be tough coz 2005 afforded a shed-load of seriously cool covers!

Thanks for your trouble

Alex Fox

its a tough call between october, september and june for me but im going to pick :-

JUNE 2005

because i think its a stunning cover

tara x

december 2005 for me ! xx

my favourite is january.
the hands thrusted forward are the main focus leaving the face as the background yet combining the two.i do like this one

hmm close call between deccember and April for me... but I choose December :wink2:

I love the December shoot, the work is stunning. I found that this also got the wow factor reaction from other people whilst I was reading it. It gives joe public the insight that techs have a real passion and talent and that nails dont have to be just pink and white.

I really like April 2005 it is a beautiful picture extremely well composed.

Joan

December 2005 its gorge xxx

Hi there
I would have to go for December as its purely focuses on the nails where as the others your focus is directed else where.

it just has to be DECEMBER for me, looks like its in the lead so far too :lol:

How funny that the results of this thread are so different from the other thread that's kicking about. December was my second fave, but it would have been even better if the pic had been the right way up like it is in the feature inside!

December for me - its stunning!!

maybe add a poll to this thread alex & it will be easier for you xxx

Dear Shelley

A poll would have been a fantastic idea! Thanks.

Dear Sassy Hassy

When we create a cover we try a few options - such as different banner colours, banner over or under image as well as - in some instances - which way up the shot should be, and we chose the feeding from the bottom route as we felt it worked the best - however I can see why you feel differently - I guess it's just subjective.

Thanks all Geeks for voting- I find this very exciting - totting up the votes every night - including the ones you guys can't see ! Aha!
So right now - I can't reveal who's in the top slot- but I can reveal it's close...

hehehehe

Alexxxxxxxxxx

Alex Fox said:
Dear Sassy Hassy

When we create a cover we try a few options - such as different banner colours, banner over or under image as well as - in some instances - which way up the shot should be, and we chose the feeding from the bottom route as we felt it worked the best - however I can see why you feel differently - I guess it's just subjective.

Oh I hope you didn't see me as knocking the cover because it was upside down and I had a feeling that's why you did it, otherwise the nails would have been covered with the mag title! Anything that involves art is subjective, that's what makes it so fascinating. Sorry if I came across as being negative :Love:

Keep up the great work Alex, I love my scatch mag :Love:

April & December !!

They are both stunning and I simply can't choose between them !

River

Not at all

I can totally see where you're coming from - it looks great the other way up

I just thought you might like to know a bit about the process we go through

we often have at least 3 covers on the wall with the same image on and then we begin to eliminate them one by one and if we're still not happy, Katy - the Scratch designer - tries new colours etc, until we're all happy with the outcome.

I'm delighted you love Scratch Sassy - thanks

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxx:cool:

My favourite Scratch cover for 2005 is the April issue.

October for me

Latest posts

Back