voucher advice - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Got a bit of a problem.

Back in August (16th) a woman emailed me to see if I could sort out some sort of voucher for her partner - she said that she would like a £50.00 voucher. At the time I explained to her that I was on holiday and that I wouldn't be able to print off a voucher for her.

She dropped round the money and said that she would print off her own.

I put on my vouchers that they are non refundable, non transferable and also valid for 3 months. (not forgetting she printed her own)

In September I got a phone call to book an appointment but unfortunately he had to cancel - we arranged another appointment for a few weeks later (October) as he had a very busy schedule and that his girlfriend (one who bought the voucher) was due to have a baby. Unfortunately I had to cancel the next appointment as I was suffering really badly with a sickness bug and I was concerned for his girlfriend and didn't want either of them to catch the bug.

He has now left a text message to say that they would like a refund on the voucher and there is only 3 weeks and 2 days left on the voucher.

All the terms for the vouchers are on the website.

What should I do??? should I bite my tongue and give them the refund?

Any advice would be appreciated x

As you have clearly stated on the GV that its not transferable I would not give one.

If she cant use it I would suggest that he give the GV to a friend or member of the family.Also politely remind him that it runs out after 3 months.We have exactly the same time limit on ours and never transfer.

People will try it on though,dont give in whatever is said.:hug:

I would say that, if they opt for a refund, they will only get £25 back as a gesture of goodwill.

Why should you refund?

He wasn’t impressed re non refundable. When I told him I would be willing to transfer it to another person for him he thought I meant to another company and for another 3 months…..

He then tried again for a refund and I told him that when his girlfriend booked the voucher the terms and conditions were and are still on the website, she then mentioned in the background that they didn’t receive a voucher, to which I replied that was because I was on holiday and I did offer to email a voucher but she was happy to make her own. Also I had mentioned to him a while back that it only had 3 months on it…..

He then said that the two days that he’d booked previously were perfect and that there was no way that he could make any other day – I pointed out that he had cancelled one of those days. (Obviously wasn’t perfect)….

He then again tried for a refund and I said that due to the time that had lapsed and having only two weeks left it was really not appropriate for me to give a refund.

So he has now reluctantly booked an appointment.

I hope I've done the right thing....

I think you have, sounds like they were just trying it on to me. It will be interesting to see how perfect the day he has reluctantly booked turns out to be, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't cancel and start angling for his money back again!

Good for you Sarah,in sticking to your guns.It's not easy sometimes is it?especially when they try the old guilt trick:smack:

Clients can really try it on cant they?We never,ever give refunds no matter what.We do sometimes give them extra time on their voucher,say for instance if someone has been ill or unable to get in before hand.

thanks for the support girlies x

Not being funny but they wouldn't be able to go to a shop, say new look and get a refund or any other shop come to think about it.

So why should us small companies beit mobile or home based get the guilt trips.... lol

i would have done exactly the same! why should you refund when you have clearly stated it's only valid for 3 months. If they'd really kicked up a stink then i would have given an extra month or so as a gesture of goodwill but no way would i have given the money back!

Hi

You defo done the right thing.

What's he having done?

xx

yep well done
glad you stuck to your guns, sounds like he was trying you out,
hope if all goes well, and that they dont cancel again, if so, just remind them that its due to expire and perhaps they'd like to pass it on to a friend that can make the appointment

you will always get people that try to take the P.

I will offer to extend the voucher for not more than a couple of weeks to make it easier for them to use it up, if they dont take me up on my offer thats their problem, but i wont refund them!!

You only get 28 days for a refund in a shop!! so after 3 months they r takin the mick a bit!!

i have a 2 month expirey on my vouchers. because i dont take an address or number for people that buy them, if i ever decide to move salons and they come back after 6 months they would have lost out. but in all fairness people usually buy vouchers for someone because they know they want them or they will be used!!

bit unusual for a GF to buy beauty vouchers for her fella tho!! lol.

x

Latest posts

Back