VTCT Course - to quit or not to quit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicki_20

Reaction score
Hi,
Hi ive just got back from college, i have nearly finished my nvq level 2 course will be completed at the end of july i have 2 more assessments to go, however im completley lost on my portfolio referencing, i asked my lecturer tonight if i could talk to her about it, she just replied NO!, i then said will i dont know what im meant to be doing and it needs to be in next week she just said TOUGH! then walked off and sat down and drank her cup of coffee so i just looked at her got my things and walked out, it was nearly the end of the lesson and some others had already gone, so now im just thinking what is the point in completing this course all though the course no-one seems to care about any of the students, but should i just wait and put up with it seen as it is only a few weeks, then im planning to do creative spa conversion and their foundation course, or should i just quit now and start over again with creative, as least i think ill get a better experience from them!

no don't quit you have got this far, how are you doing on your other assignments. if your tutor is as bad as you say than you need to speak to someone higher up than her about it. If you don't feel you have gained enough experience you can do other courses after completing this course..xx

First, I would put in a complaint to the head of faculty at the collage and complain about your tutors appalling lack of professional conduct. If this gets you nowhere then I would complain to the National curriculum authority or the NVQ authority depending on who sponsors the course.

Now, if you don't get to pass your NVQ because of this, all is not lost:)
do a search on here and you will find a thread entitled free NVQ this has phone numbers etc for getting an nvq assessor to come and assess you once you are up and running and are actually doing the job. So with what you have already done at collage and the creative courses and then actually working you will get the qualification. I would get the phone number of the thread and give nvq peeps a call to find out exactly what your targets are.
But don't let your tutor get away with this hun, she is well paid to teach you, so make her do her job, or make her find another one:smack:

My assessments are going fine, i only have 1 nail art on the hands and one on the feet to go, i know i should finih the course but the teachers just have no support at all for anyone, all they care about is the money, where as when ive spoken to sweet squared and other private training provides everyone seems so helpful and totally interested in your learning.

Thanks

please dont give up or you may end up like me regretting that decision and then paying through the nose to do the course privately. can you speak to anyone else on the course, or ask a geek on here for help, you've already worked hard for a long time, so tell your lecturer that you will make an official complaint in regard to her attitude towards you, she is the teacher, you are the student, its in her job description to help you, good luck hun and definetely dont give up.:)

firstly i'm sorry you feel like quitting hun but..DON'T as you have come this far...your tutor however was down and outright rude to refuse to help you as this is the case...they are there to help you no matter how small the task is ..it is their job and what they are paid to do ....i would report her but that is up to you ...what it means by portfolio refferencing is that all work needs to be checked,marked and passed ...if you have done all the portfolio according to the criteria (set out in order) then she shouldn,t have refused you....take it back with you and ask her again if she still has a problem then speak to the head of the beauty department of your college ..the named person above all tutors and explain ..they say that all work must be completed by a certain date...heck we are not all perfect( i was world's worst for not adhering to get portfolios and some work in on time) as i advise take your portfolio back in again ...she was probably in a rotten mood but that does not give her a reason to take it out on you...hth

xxjanexx

dont give up when your nearly done!! no excuse but its the worst time of year and tempers are getting high. Try and catch your tutor when shes alone and explain you need help. I make it to easy and do it for my students through out the course, its easier for me!! If you need any help PM and I will see if I can help you

Please don't give up! I'm also just coming to the end and spent nearly three hours working on my book and folder today. What is it exactly you need help with? Is it the cross referencing that's the problem? Once you get going it all suddenly clicks into place. If you need any help please let me know and I'll try and help!

Tell your story to the Head of Dept. Don't be too nervous to do this as this is, potentially, what makes college training bad.

If you really believe you've had bad training, tell VTCT

There are always 2 sides to everything but.....

hi, please dont give up..

I deliver VTCT and C&G nail courses, if i can be of any help to you iam always on here having a look around. just let me know if i can hlep me.

but i would reommend that you take it to the head of the department.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back