Waiting for the postman!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was voted best school in the Uk about 3 years running apparantley...

Well done to your son

Really pleased for you hun,:D it's an absolute minefield, getting a good education for your kids now days. We had to move to the other end of the county, almost into another one to get my boy into a school where he could really perform well. Luckily my daughter has just been accepted this week as well.:D By the time my hyperactive 4yr old goes up they will love the surname Ralph and won't know what hit them (like a sledgehammer on go-faster pills!):lol:
We now have the fight about double versus triple science award (at GCSE) with a view to places at local 6th form college (one of the best around) at options level.:sad: :irked: :cry:

got to go through it all again next year when my daughter has to choose her secondary school :Scared: only thing is, she is not as academic as my son so I dont think she'll be going to Westcliff girls, she struggles with basic school work, dont think she'd stand a chance with the 11+, mustn't write her off though as everyone keeps telling me.............

Im really pleased for you.
I got my daughters letter last night when i got in. Not good news for her, she didnt get her first choice as we are out of the area. So its off to the local comp for her. She is gutted, so am i, but they have a massive Dance studio so that cheered her up!

Aspirations said:
got to go through it all again next year when my daughter has to choose her secondary school :Scared: only thing is, she is not as academic as my son so I dont think she'll be going to Westcliff girls, she struggles with basic school work, dont think she'd stand a chance with the 11+, mustn't write her off though as everyone keeps telling me.............
Have you thought about getting some extra tuition for her in the run up to 11+, once she's in there, the standard of teaching should keep her going, & she could achieve more that way.:hug:

That is brilliant Sherrie, i bet you are really pleased! My parents actually moved to Southend so i could go to Westcliff high.....the girls school that is. Actually wondering about doing the same thing for my 2 when they are old enough. Academically it has got to be one of the top schools around...i think my parents may have bribed the head to allow me in!:o

BTW In this area you have to apply at every level for each school, i assumed it was done that way nationwide.

Hope the fact i went there doesn't put you off, lol!

Looking on the friends reunited web site, i found most of my school friends have well paid jobs, working in the city, teachers, lawyers etc. Not sure what happened to me, lol.....but, hey, i'm happy!

what a coincidence Suey! course it doesnt put me off lol, makes me think maybe there is some hope for my daughter!! LOL, Only joking hun x

I was discussing with my husband this morning about getting her some extra tuition, she has come on quite a lot in the last term so she is not really a lost cause, she just isnt as bright as my son (sounds terrible doesnt it) I would love for her to go to the same senior school as him, but she would really have to work hard to get there, it comes naturally to him.... Now is the time to get her a tutor ready for the 11+ if we are going to do it, we didnt know that he should have been preparing for it from year 5 until 10 weeks before the exam!!! at least we have time on our side with her...

thanks for all the good wishes - I am still smiling :green:

chocolate said:
Im really pleased for you.
I got my daughters letter last night when i got in. Not good news for her, she didnt get her first choice as we are out of the area. So its off to the local comp for her. She is gutted, so am i, but they have a massive Dance studio so that cheered her up!

sorry to hear you didnt get what you were hoping for, I know that I would have been devastated!! I was trying to prepare myself for bad news but I would have been gutted too...

Its hard because we know what school would suit our children and where they would be best placed to work to their full potential, but the decision is taken out of our hands and made for us by someone in an office somewhere who doesnt even know them :irked:

I hope that she will do really well and be very happy where she does go, maybe she'll be a famous dancer in a few years time eh? :Love:

Congratualtions to Jamie no mean achievement getting into westcliff high especially when your out of the area the exam they sit is harder than the kids in catchment for some reason.
The grammar education is fantastic at this school adn he will do so well but the whole ethos of the school is fantastic, the sports the It everythign they strive at they achieve head and shoulders above everyone else.

you did make me laugh when you said it was like Hogwarts though lol
x

As to Sophie dont worry she will find her way in her own way.x

Latest posts

Back