Want to work in salon, I'm not confident!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Trained in hair years ago 18. I have always done friends and family.

I'd love to work in a salon again 2 days a week, but I don't feel Up to scratch and I know I won't be has good has others. I know if shown new techniques mainly in colouring, and colour correction.. It would not take me long to mould...

Do you think that if I explained this to salon owners they give me a chance! I don't mind working from the bottom up!!!

Will be doing my level 3, next September, but don't really want to wait that long to go back into a salon!!!

I think you might have picked up a few bad habits through the years that will need to be addressed.

Could you ask your own hairdresser if you could volunteer to go into her salon (perhaps on a Saturday) to shampoo etc. and get you ready for starting your level 3? That would be the best approach. It will give you a chance to watch the stylists and see how the industry has moved on.

Best of luck

:)

It would be I don't have my hair cut in a salon. My friend does it.

I did work in a salon 7 yes ago, there was no colouring has one stylist did all that. I left because I had my 2nd child...

Wouldn't say I've picked up any bad habits, cause I try to be a bit of a perfectionist. It just fashion has changed, which it does continuously in hair.

It would be I don't have my hair cut in a salon. My friend does it.

I did work in a salon 7 yes ago, there was no colouring has one stylist did all that. I left because I had my 2nd child...

Wouldn't say I've picked up any bad habits, cause I try to be a bit of a perfectionist. It just fashion has changed, which it does continuously in hair.

You could try a refresher course for new techniques etc but I think you'd be fine just sounds like your a little low in confidence xx

I have just done a refresher course, didn't learn nothing!! Didn't rate course. What she taught us is what i knew. Thought we would have learned different technique not just the basic learned at college.

Yes think your right. Once I get my feet in the door, I think would blend in after a short while. It just taking the plunge I think that scares me!!!!!

I have just done a refresher course, didn't learn nothing!! Didn't rate course. What she taught us is what i knew. Thought we would have learned different technique not just the basic learned at college.

Yes think your right. Once I get my feet in the door, I think would blend in after a short while. It just taking the plunge I think that scares me!!!!!

Yeh you'll be fine then, you can do it!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back