Warm hands- acrylic cures too fast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignatz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a bit of a problem with a client whose hands are always very warm. And I mean really, my own cold hands sweat when I hold her hand!
No matter what I do the product cures before I've finished with the convex, the apex and the smile line (she wears forever french).
I've tried wiping a little bit of acrylic liquid on the nail plate before applying the white and, not draining the excess liquid from my brush onto the table towel, to keep it wet. It still cures far too fast, say, almost immediately. I've tried gel too, it did not last on her at all; acrylic seems to suit her with no lifting or any other problems, the only trouble is the application.
Do you geeks have any advice or tricks to share? What to do with this kind of clients?
I've thought of putting my liquid in the fridge, would it work?
Thank you for your help geeks!
BTW the liquid I use is Entity Success

Hi geeks,
I have a bit of a problem with a client whose hands are always very warm. And I mean really, my own cold hands sweat when I hold her hand!
No matter what I do the product cures before I've finished with the convex, the apex and the smile line (she wears forever french).
I've tried wiping a little bit of acrylic liquid on the nail plate before applying the white and, not draining the excess liquid from my brush onto the table towel, to keep it wet. It still cures far too fast, say, almost immediately. I've tried gel too, it did not last on her at all; acrylic seems to suit her with no lifting or any other problems, the only trouble is the application.
Do you geeks have any advice or tricks to share? What to do with this kind of clients?
I've thought of putting my liquid in the fridge, would it work?
Thank you for your help geeks!
BTW the liquid I use is Entity Success

If your monomer is cold it will slow down the process ... Yes. Or you could use a slower setting liquid such as Retention + or Radical liquid from CND.

gosh, entity success is the slower setting of their 2 monomers isnt it ?

perhaps you could ask the client to rinse her hands in cool water before you start.
or possibly work in smaller bead so that you can get everything right before it sets.

can you try a slower setting liquid?

i sampled myself this weekend the other liquid entity do( sorry cant remember its name( and it set sooo slowly i was getting frustrated!!
or cooling down the liquid, is another option i suppose,
i hope you can get it sorted x

gosh, entity success is the slower setting of their 2 monomers isnt it ?

Yes, it is the slower one.
And in "normal" conditions it's even slower than Ret+ or Radical.

maybe a cool pack under your table towel to cool the clients hands and stand your dappen dish on.

maybe a cool pack under your table towel to cool the clients hands and stand your dappen dish on.

Great minds think alike!!
I put a wheat bag that has been in the fridge under a towel and rest her hands on this.. its not uncomfortably cold.. and keeps her body temp of hands regular...
my client has hot hands and sweats alot.. so this helps her to feel comfotable aswell..
i find i can use my liquid at its regulare temp when i do this..
hth

Latest posts

Back