Warning alert about PC Virus - please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi,
One of my clients has sent me this warning by email. Please have a read.
It may or may not be a hoax, but it's always better to be in the know !

Subject: IMPORTANT WARNING ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.

This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail with a Power Point
presentation ' Life is Beautiful '

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES,
and delete it immediately.

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying:

'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner.'

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

thanks bev for warning us all ...... these people NEVER give up....why dont they get a proper job instead of trying to access everybodys files xxxxx

Thanks for this Bev, you never know.x

Cheers Bev, will keep my eyes peeled.
Sam

Other half (computer geek lol) has just advised me that when a new virus comes out we should run a live update on our virus protection so that it can be updated to protect against any new viruses. HTHs :hug: x

Ive never understood why people do this. x

The worst ones are the ones about people dying and the poems there is one doing the rounds to get 5000 signatures for mums against drink drivers.It has evidently caused the real charity a lot of problems because people send it to them when it reaches 5000 and it clogs their email box.It is just a useless chain petition.
Anything like this i check on snopes before sending on.There are some good ,helpful ,true ones though.

I always get emails forwarded to me saying things like M&S will send u a £50 voucher for everyone you send this email to and I think yeah right but its amazing how many people actually send it on thinking it may be true.I suppose these things are started to increase email traffic or such like? x

I NEVER open an email from an unknown sender. To be honest, I delete almost all forwards too, even from people I know. I know people who've gotten viruses from well-meaning friends forwarding jokes etc. Just to be on the safe side!

Latest posts

Back