Washing lashes help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Walsh

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a set of classic lashes on a lady Saturday. She messaged me the Tuesday to say some had fallen out so I said I would replace.
When she came in she mentioned she has been washing her face and lashes in Johnsons top to toe body wash. Could this be the reason for the fall out?
Thanks in Advance
Xx

When she says some - how many

It's not unusual to lose between 2-5 lashes per day due to normal growth patterns

Sadly you have NO IDEA what clients get up to when they leave

Did you pull them
Sleep on them
Did you control temp and humidity when lashing
Is she oily
What suppliers is she taking menstrual cycles etc

Did she follow correct after care !

When she says some - how many

It's not unusual to lose between 2-5 lashes per day due to normal growth patterns

Sadly you have NO IDEA what clients get up to when they leave

Did you pull them
Sleep on them
Did you control temp and humidity when lashing
Is she oily
What suppliers is she taking menstrual cycles etc

Did she follow correct after care !

Yes Agree with this poster, unfortunatelty even basic things we do to our eyes/face can cause the lashes to fall out. It may also be possible that they fell out because the cleanser she is using contains oil

Thankyou for you responses. She had been using Johnsons Top to Toe body wash which I don't think is oil free.
I have noticed the humidity in the shop is 70% at times xx

Is she washing her lashes? She could be on medication. You need to go through all the aftercare with her and see that she is looking after her lashes properly. A properly lash and brow cleanser is a must to keep lashes clean. :)

Hi I thought a baby shampoo was good for clients to wash at home and I have been giving this advicadvice in aftercare.
I was going to make up a solution to cleanse lashes before service I have one or two clients who use mascara and I have to remove it before service. Is this Ok?
Thanks

Technically no - you MUST use designated lash cleanser

Baby shampoo is not designed for eyes so shouldn't be suggested as a lash cleanser

If a client had a horrible reaction and took you to court what who'd your defence be ?

None

Bye bye business - which is why we no longer recommend this and I teach my students to step away from this cleaning technique

Use the lash and brow cleansers, they are designed for this use and can stop bacterial infections when used properly and shouldn't effect the lashes x

I have baught some eye make up remover of the same range of lashes I am using. I will use this from now on untill I can find something better with hot water. It's difficult to order through work, my lists of products needed keep going missing.

Latest posts

Back